The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Blingy Browband for < $100

It's time to upgrade ms. mares browband and I am overwhelmed by the options available. I love glitter and bling when it is done in a tasteful manner. I don't show regularly so this is a present to myself for my daily bridle so I would like something that will stand up the regular use.

Who have y'all used in this price range?
    Is there anyone I should avoid?

http://madmare.com/shop/product-category/browbands/

any color you can imagine, lots of different styles and great quality all for under $100. I got the Christina in a straight browband. My fav color is turquoise so it's perfect not in your face just subtle. I have my plain black one from the bridle when I need to be less colorful when showing.

2 members found this post helpful.

Contact Jo McCracken of Mobile Horse Supply. She will do custom if you tell her what you generally want and send a picture of horse's head. I had one done for chestnut mare, white face - didn't want sparkle, only stones and she did a beautiful one of red tigers eye and mother of pearl for around $75. I show in it AND ride in it, as its on my double; too much trouble to change. Has held up GREAT for about 2 yrs. (she also agreed to take it back if I didn't like it upon receipt!) www.mobilehorsesupply.com
    Last edited by 2tempe; Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:25 PM. Reason: website address
    We don't get less brave; we get a bigger sense of self-preservation........

I bought 3 from an ebay seller called saddlery4u2 from a brand called FSS. They have been used for the last 7 years and still look great.

I have a friend that sells the empty channel browbands with the loops sewn in so you can create your own bead strands and clip them in. The browbands I think are about $40 and then either you can buy a bead strand she's already made, custom order one, or you can buy the stuff and do it yourself. Warning: It's rather addictive! If you want to see pictures of what they look like on a horse then message me and I can send you some photos. I could probably figure out how to embed them on here but probably easier to email!

1 members found this post helpful.

CHeck out Horze.com just got my mare a Crystal browband that everyone raves about for just $50 when most like it usually run $150+. Also Ovation has a bunch of bling browbands for reasonable prices through lots of retailers like horseloverz.com
    Last edited by Char0308; Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:23 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by stargzng386 View Post
    http://madmare.com/shop/product-category/browbands/

any color you can imagine, lots of different styles and great quality all for under $100. I got the Christina in a straight browband. My fav color is turquoise so it's perfect not in your face just subtle. I have my plain black one from the bridle when I need to be less colorful when showing.
    I also love my Mad Mare browband! It's proved resilient as well - my horses sweat quite a lot, so the tack takes a beating.

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

One of my barn mates shared this company with me - they do the empty channel browbands (as well as the bling to fill them!) at very reasonable prices. My friend actually now makes the blingy portion herself and has tons of them; she gets the beads/stones/crystals at a local craft store and I don't think they are terribly expensive. She has made some gorgeous ones!

http://www.flyingchangedesigns.com/c...ther-browbands
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

I have a BEAUTIFUL browband from this lady. So many choices! I want more...
    http://txwarmbloods.com/store%20frset.htm
    click through the menu on the left. LOTS of options under $100.

not sure how far they ship but mine is from these guys, they do a beautiful job!
    http://www.heartlandsaddlery.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dharma View Post
    I have the Elektra browband from these guys and I LOVE it. I walked by horse up to their booth at a show and "tried on" a bunch of browbands. Random people walking by helped me choose! Anyway, the browband has held up really well. I give this vendor a thumbs up!
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

I'm going to order from this store on Etsy -

http://www.etsy.com/shop/DarkJewelDe...f=sr_gallery_5

Quote Originally Posted by SCMSL View Post
    I bought 3 from an ebay seller called saddlery4u2 from a brand called FSS. They have been used for the last 7 years and still look great.
    I wouldn't buy from them ever again. Terrible customer service, took 3 months to ship and from what I read from some, inconsistent sizing. I had to get e-bay involved when it had been 3 months and they were giving me excuse after excuse then gave me a bogus tracking number.

I saw one last year that I'm shooting myself for not getting when I saw it. I can't even find the shop again It was a browband that had four rows of crystals. The top two rows stayed straight, but the bottom two separated from the top and dipped into a V in the center It was gorgeous, and would have been perfect for my gelding. Not to hijack, but if anyone knows who has them, I will love you forever.

Default People On Horses!!

I have a POH browband that I've had for 3 years now. It is the Champagne crystal/silver cable. When my youngster grew out of it I sent it back and for $40.00 POH made it longer. I use it everyday and it still looks new. It was more than $100.00, but well worth it. I wanted something that would last and stand up to daily use. "Queenie" deserves to be pretty every day, not just at shows. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. I actually just sent it back to POH to have it padded in black patent to match the patent accents on my new Albion saddle.
    "You post all your drama on Facebook and get mad when people judge you? You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?"

1 members found this post helpful.