The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Nutrena Life Desgin Senior Horse feed

I have been using Legends Performance Pellets, which I like a lot, but like an idiot, I ran too low to make it until Monday (I only have two horses) so I went to our local Tractor Supply which is open later on Saturdays and mixed it in with what was left of their regular grain for Saturday night and Sunday morning.
    I'm not too concerned as I can get my regular grain tomorrow and start mixing the two together, but I went ahead and started reading the reviews and they seem very good.
    However, I know where to get the REAL truth, and decided to ask here instead. Also, it is a little difficult to get my other grain because their hours are a little dicey for my schedule.
    Thoughts?

My senior was really "hot" on it, due to the high(er) protein (but she had to eat a larger ration as she doesn't eat much hay). She also wasn't really keen on the taste, but she's very picky. IMO TC senior is a better feed, but not sold at TSC.

I'm not a fan of Nutrena, but I don't know anything about their senior feed. I just stick with TC Senior.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Nutrena Senior is not a bad product. It does not have the same amount of fat that TC Senior has- it only has 6%, TC Senior has 10%.

Yes, the fat is lower then both the TC senior and the Legends Performance, which I like a little bit better than the TC senior because it has less molasses. I will probably go back to the Legends as I have been very pleased with it.