The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I have been in contact with YC's owner and was told this will be his last year at stud. So he is a definate top contender on my list. There arnt many photos on his site but his jumping photos are really great! He is over jumping a roll top with like 2 or 3 feet to spare, and lovely form

My mare is a cross-country machine so I have no worries with a cross like that

And thank you Gail I'd love to meet you and see all your horses, sounds like we have similar tastes in thoroughbreds and if AFR is available down the road I'd consider breeding my younger mare to him.
    "My ideal horse is the horse that I fall in love with again every morning when I see his face hanging over the stable door, looking for breakfast. " - Jim Wofford

Vineytidge- I've been looking for yc offspring as well but he seems to have been crossed a lot with wb's an drafts. Which is a shame because he looks like he would have been able to produce good eventers. And it just doesn't seem like he was really marketed a lot so it's hard to say.

It does appear that a lot of people have good things to say about him though. Bloodlines and breeding are only a fraction of how successful a horse is, the other part is training
    "My ideal horse is the horse that I fall in love with again every morning when I see his face hanging over the stable door, looking for breakfast. " - Jim Wofford

I have dealt with 2 Yellow Creek foals out of different mares, they are two peas in a pod, attractive, good movers, good jump and labrador retriever temperaments. They were both a bit slow to mature mentally - about a year behind in the brain I found. I doubt either will go to the Olympics but I jumped the older at 4'6" with scope to spare and honestly little help from me. His owner is good to deal with, farm is not fancy and YC was bred to alot of local mares that were bred for sentiment not quality, and most were not registered or seriously campaigned so hard to track actual success rate.

Thanks I do really like the looks of him and I feel like my mare would be a quality match that would produce a decent eventer. Which is my main goal...

Another Ferme Beaulieu fan. I have a Coolman and a Conquest, Denny Emerson has purchased quite a few from Carlo at FBF as well.
    http://www.fermebeaulieufarm.com/

Well we got an offer on a Promotional breeding to a younger stallion named Vantage who is by viva Voltaire... His jump looks nice

Anyone have an opinion on the Voltaire lines?

What about those out of Quebec? I have a tb mare myself (lovely disposition but not realy sport horse bred) that I was thinking of breeding and have been looking at a few of them. Anyone can shime in with info on those ?

I do not want to hijack this thread but for those that know Canadian Eventers maybe you could shed some light on the horse we just got. He is a Canadian Trakehner by Topas 2 has anyone ever heard of him?
    Mai Tai aka Tyler RIP March 1994-December 2011
    Grief is the price we pay for love- Gretchen Jackson
    "And here she comes. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's ZENYATTA!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vic_007 View Post
    Well we got an offer on a Promotional breeding to a younger stallion named Vantage who is by viva Voltaire... His jump looks nice

Anyone have an opinion on the Voltaire lines?
    I was looking at this guy too - thinking about the breeding. I have heard they can be hot - which doesn't bother us - he does look like a nice stallion.

Quote Originally Posted by ivy62 View Post
    I do not want to hijack this thread but for those that know Canadian Eventers maybe you could shed some light on the horse we just got. He is a Canadian Trakehner by Topas 2 has anyone ever heard of him?
    What is his name??
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

I was looking for the sire line.. Topas 2... I know our horse was with Bruce Mandeville. His name is Marrakesch... or maybe I should look at the female line also...The dam is Marischa....
    Mai Tai aka Tyler RIP March 1994-December 2011
    Grief is the price we pay for love- Gretchen Jackson
    "And here she comes. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's ZENYATTA!"

I have a Rather Well son and two
    Seeped In Luck horses in my barn - huge votes from me for both/either
    stallions.

Quote Originally Posted by ivy62 View Post
    I was looking for the sire line.. Topas 2... I know our horse was with Bruce Mandeville. His name is Marrakesch... or maybe I should look at the female line also...The dam is Marischa....

Underutilized stallion, really good eventing lines - I love Topas and had a mare by him. You might want to get up with Michael Loew at King's Windy Fie(lds in Newmarket ON I can send you his email addy if you can't find it) as his uncle stood him and he prob knows the mare...
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Bravestrom View Post
    I was looking at this guy too - thinking about the breeding. I have heard they can be hot - which doesn't bother us - he does look like a nice stallion.
    Thanks

I have a friend who has a gelding by viva Voltaire and he seems very nice personality wise

My horse is an interesting personality, lots of character lol... Someone who knew her before me referred to her as the crabby mare and couldn't believe I bought her to event. But they were so wrong, she is really amazing and we only got to event for a couple seasons because I started a family and eventing jut wasn't the priority then

Ressurecting this hahaha....

While I have not ever been a fan of storm cat lineage... There is one local who has the type of build I do like. And I know the owners and they've had nothing but good things to say about his personality. He seems to be quite willing and training easily for them.

My fake pedigree for the foal: http://www.pedigreequery.com/victorian+storm

The stallion: https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/se...8558910&type=3

Gervantus had 3 or 4 offspring at the WEG, if I recall, even the Europeans buy Gervantus offspring (just sayin' they have lots of horses in europe and no need to go to canada in search of stallions).

I thought I saw where Ilian de Taute evented 2star? (for all I know prelim in canada might be 2**!!)

Doug Dean's are appealing too.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Can you tell me who the Gervantus (I) WEG horses were, because I cannot find them?

Quote Originally Posted by mareslave View Post
    Gervantus had 3 or 4 offspring at the WEG, if I recall, even the Europeans buy Gervantus offspring (just sayin' they have lots of horses in europe and no need to go to canada in search of stallions).

I thought I saw where Ilian de Taute evented 2star? (for all I know prelim in canada might be 2**!!)

Doug Dean's are appealing too.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Prelim in Canada is not 2* lol

I checked and Ilian De Taute is a GP show jumper, not an eventer. He has competed up to CSI*** in GP jumper Hope that helps.

I wonder why Ilian de Taute's owner Armstrong farms desibes the 2008 achievements as "continued to event up to two star". I realize now Ilian isn't an eventer, but according to his own website, in 2008 he was quite an eventer.
    http://www.redbayonline.com/~da0043/ilian-de-taute/

Gervantus horses that I've seen, Olympics not Weg, Gamour comes to mind. I'd have to pull my old CoTH with the pedigrees for rosters (the only ones I save) to locate the others. I usually save Olympics, WEG and Rolex, for the pedigrees.