The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by mareslave View Post
    I wonder why Ilian de Taute's owner Armstrong farms desibes the 2008 achievements as "continued to event up to two star". I realize now Ilian isn't an eventer, but according to his own website, in 2008 he was quite an eventer.
    http://www.redbayonline.com/~da0043/ilian-de-taute/
    The last I heard Ilian was doing GP with Mikala Chessler - I am pretty sure there is a video somewhere with him in florida in 2012.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

The FEI database shows that Ilian de Taute was registered for jumping in 2008 but they have no results data for him.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by mareslave View Post
    I wonder why Ilian de Taute's owner Armstrong farms desibes the 2008 achievements as "continued to event up to two star". I realize now Ilian isn't an eventer, but according to his own website, in 2008 he was quite an eventer.
    http://www.redbayonline.com/~da0043/ilian-de-taute/
    Hmmm you are right! When I replied earlier I was reading info from one of the breed sites with his profile... But I agree, kind of weird they just say he continued to even to ** level? Especially if Garry Roque was riding him, since he is an olympic level rider.
    "My ideal horse is the horse that I fall in love with again every morning when I see his face hanging over the stable door, looking for breakfast. " - Jim Wofford

Quote Originally Posted by Bravestrom View Post
    Another may be Pacific Star - Executive Decision - ridden by Jessica Phoenix is by him.
    I will second Pacific Star. Lovely horse, fabulous movement with an amazing jump (though he is primarily trained in dressage) and he has produced lovely event horses. Great brain, would probably cross very nicely with a full TB to provide size and better dressage ability. Lovely horse (I'm biased as I own a daughter!) and he has a couple other kids that are just moving up to the prelim/* level with amateur riders.

Here is a link to his details:
    http://www.travishallequestrian.ca/pacificstar.php

Bonsall, CA- with my horses finally home again!

I keep coming back to full TB's for my 3/8 ISH mare, as I just love the TB so much but have really enjoyed the sturdiness and mind that her Irish blood has given her. I am quite interested in Rather Well, as sadly AFR is not available the remainder of this year. Yellow Creek looks very interesting as well and the feedback on his offsprings' temperments are very positive. (I am not limited to CAnada however)

The one thing I'd most like to improve on my mare is refining her head/ throatlatch/ neck a bit, and produce more of an uphill carriage- she has a fairly level topline and her sire Carrig View's thicker throat. While she is an extremely athletic jumper, it would be nice to canter down into a big oxer feeling like she is naturally more "up" in front of me, rather than having to work quite so much to keep her up.

Thoughts on whether Rather Well or Yellow Creek (or another full TB) would be stronger in improving uphill carriage?
    ~Living the life I imagined~

If it does not have to Canadian why not Coconut Grove? I know he has since passed but I am sure they have frozen semen. He had a lovely head and neck and a big jump...
    Mai Tai aka Tyler RIP March 1994-December 2011
    Grief is the price we pay for love- Gretchen Jackson
    "And here she comes. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's ZENYATTA!"

Ilian de Taute definitely competed at prelim at intermediate in 2007 and 2008. Don't know about FEI, but I remember seeing him at events.

Quote Originally Posted by hey101 View Post
    Thoughts on whether Rather Well or Yellow Creek (or another full TB) would be stronger in improving uphill carriage?
    http://tagaelen.webs.com/tagaelen.htm

You may also want to look at Foxwind. He is a proven Eventer and had some good finishes last year at Prelim with his amateur owner (me) in the tack. If it wasn't for his amateur friendly disposition and his super easy ride-ability, I would never have tackled Prelim (and Lord knows now we are looking at Intermediate and a CIC*). Oye!
    Cindy Geres

Home of Foxwind SL (Cdn Trakehner and Cdn Sport Horse Approved)
    www.sprucelane.net

Tellow Creek is at his last year at stud as far as I know. But if you look at his photos he is built really nicely and looks like he could jump the moon, his jump is huge! Very nice looking boy
    "My ideal horse is the horse that I fall in love with again every morning when I see his face hanging over the stable door, looking for breakfast. " - Jim Wofford

Sprucelane, your stallion is lovely He also shares the same birthday with my mare I alsi enjoyed the helmet cam action on your site lol