The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default RIP Fugly blog ?

No new updates since 2/20 and the site has been up/down/up/down/up/down ?

From the Fugly FB page, no one has heard from the new owner in ages.

Hope all is okay with her ... anyone know anything more ?

I do not know anything more, but found the blog unreadable after Cathy left.

22 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post
    Have to agree. I lost interest when the person after Cathy took over and it was all about how amazing her and her daughter were

I lost interest a good time before the original Fugly left since the blog turned away from what interested me, but Fugly had a voice/presence that captured my interest. I checked in periodically since and either the topics left me cold or the new blogger's (however many there were) voice just wasn't interesting to me.

4 members found this post helpful.

I think the latest blogger ("Ontario") was really making a good try, but it looks like she's given up. Cathy is a hard act to follow.
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by Mythic Feronia, 1998 Morgan mare; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine

1 members found this post helpful.

How many successors have there been? I'm afraid the one right after Cathy wasn't that good, plus you've got to post somewhat regularly. There's been one other that might have been worth reading more of, but when I went back, still not posting regularly.
    I do hope the blogger is not ill, but IMO if you want to kill off a loyal readership, just bore them or give them nothing. I don't know which is quicker.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

Quote Originally Posted by quietann View Post
    I think the latest blogger ("Ontario") was really making a good try, but it looks like she's given up. Cathy is a hard act to follow.
    Exactly, there were some good posts and things were starting to look better. And now this ?

3 members found this post helpful.

I really liked the confo critiques. Original Fugly was going a bit whackadoodle as time wore on. I like Mugwump (I learned a lot from her other site about spade bits, etc), but doing Fugly wasn't her thing, others were fairly blahh.

I was quite happy when I saw the most recent post about Percheron confirmation. It had a nice break down of different points to look for, why they were important, lots of photos, etc. I was hoping for more posts like that, with different breeds or uses/disciplines as the focus. so far, no new posts for quite a while.

Some of the posters are a bit over-reactive (consider that I am a regular here when you read that statement!)

5 members found this post helpful.

I for one am going to be VERY sad if the blog is "dead." I simply can't believe that is the case, though, since Ontario was extremely enthusiastic and stated that she had a financial investment in the blog. I was feeling more positive about FHOTD than I had in months, and yes, I really liked the recent confo critiques.

Do you guys think Ontario got in trouble legally for making a fuss about the LA abuse case?? For heaven's sake, Cathy raised a ruckus like that about once a WEEK and nobody shut her down (of course, she's also a paralegal so has a good understanding of libel law).

I am not giving up yet and will continue to check every day. I've been a loyal reader for six years and am not ready to throw in the towel. Plus, I really hope Ontario is physically ok. I do wish she'd show up somewhere online and let us know...

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post
    Me too.
    "You can't blame other people. You can't always say what happened wasn't my fault, and you know what? Even if you have an excuse, shut up. "Bruce Davidson Sr.

It did get better once "Ontario" took over. I was actively checking it since the change. Something must have happened.
    "My doctrine is this, that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt.”
    ― Anna Sewell

5 members found this post helpful.

I can't even get to the blog... says it "times out" and will not load.

Maybe they are having problems with their server, could explain why it "times out"
    www.tayvalleyfarm.com
    My other home.

Wow I must be out of the loop big time.

I did read frequently when the original Fugly was writing. Kinda lost interest in the second writer, and quit reading after a short time. Haven't looked at the blog in a long long long time.

There have been more writers than just the two?

Yes, after Cathy left, this blog pretty much "jumped the shark" imo.

3 members found this post helpful.

I don't read or even check regularly but shortly after this version took over, she was having loads of trouble with the site and said she was working to correct it. It worked great for a short while then the same old trouble started up again. It isn't giving Error 404 - (site) does not exist, just page cannot be displayed; that usually means major server problems.
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

*I* was the writer of the last article on Fugly; the 'Percheron' one. Several asked me to carry on when it appeared Fugly had stopped, so I started my own blog here: http://hoovesblog.com/

4 members found this post helpful.

Thanks for the comment, Mercedes, I've added your blog to my "to read" list on my blog so I don't forget to check it.
    The Trials and Jubilations of a Twenty-Something Re-rider
    Happy owner of Kieran the mostly-white-very-large-not-pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyllsk View Post
    No new updates since 2/20 and the site has been up/down/up/down/up/down ?

From the Fugly FB page, no one has heard from the new owner in ages.

Hope all is okay with her ... anyone know anything more ?
    That blog always gave me a headache, even the better Cathy posts. Stopped reading long ago. Hope the new blogger is OK.
    VP Horse & Carriage Association of NYC

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-F...ref=ts&fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes1 View Post
    *I* was the writer of the last article on Fugly; the 'Percheron' one. Several asked me to carry on when it appeared Fugly had stopped, so I started my own blog here: http://hoovesblog.com/
    That looks like an interesting blog, and also has an appealing layout. Good luck, will be reading
    VP Horse & Carriage Association of NYC

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-F...ref=ts&fref=ts

I stopped reading a few months after it started. It was funny at first, then it was like watching some depressing reruns over and over. But I met an equine massage therapist through another friend recently , and she said she writes for Fugly. I was thoroughly confused, since I didn't know there were "writers" and it was just Cathy back when I was a reader.

1 members found this post helpful.