Trying to decide if I should purchase a couple sets of these for the season. We work on pretty hard ground all summer as there is no ring and after gallops, trot sets, and hard jumps we poultice and ice. These seem like they might be nice to have. Any reviews?
A lady at my barn swears by them. Uses them before riding for 20 min. Horse went from "he is kind of off" to moving beautifully. No signs of the unexplained lameness. The vibrate all the way up the shoulder too.
I have a set, bought them mostly to use at competitions (show jumping) and maybe after a hard jump school. I mostly like them because they are very easy to use, not sure how much the vibrating does but at the very least it doesn't hurt. I'm also really happy with the customer service at horseware, I was able to order replacement Ice packs for $15 so I can now use the boots on multiple horses at shows. Also I had a 20% discount for the tack store so the price was right.
- they are very easy to use, I keep the ice packs in my little freezer in the barn, and at the bottom of the cooler at shows.
- recharging them is easy and the charge seems to hold for several uses (I've never found one to have run out of juice)
- they do get the leg quite cold
- they haven't bothered any horse i've used them on
- the ice packs really only cover the tendons, so for example at the last two events I went to I stuck other ice packs (diff brand) over the fetlocks to ensure coverage there as well, at one event with hard ground, I stuck his feet in an ice bucket to ice his feet while i used the vibe boots
- the vibe boot is like an SMB - and like SMBs, everything sticks to them, shavings, etc