The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Horse Related Parody - An Apology

Hello Dear Cothers.

It has come to my attention that I owe a very sincere apology to people I may have inadvertently offended.

While making my recent xtranormal videos, I began by using the name "Bambino" for my antagonist. However that brought to mind "the GREAT Bambino" (Babe Ruth, of course) and not wanting to insult Mr. Ruth, I decided to change the name to the first rhyming-sound name that popped into my mind. This name turned out to be "Gambino."

Unfortunately it has since been brought to my attention that there actually *IS* a Gambino family. Whoops.

I just want to issue a formal apology, so here it is:

"Dear Gambino family,
    It has come to my attention that in creating a few videos that parody our crazy show horse and pony life I used a name that belonged to real people. This was never my intention, and I regret any insult or hard feelings created by the use of your name in my works of fiction. I hope you can forgive the slight and understand that I have now changed the name in my videos to protect the innocent.

PS - Please don't whack me.
    Sincerely,
    Horseyninjawarrior."

It has cost me the last of my xtranormal points to change my videos and re-publish them all, but I believe it is for the best to use a new, completely fictional name in my fictional videos about fictional scenarios and fictional people.

Now that I am home from the vet and on stall confinement, I've had plenty of time to dunk my hay in my water, destroy my bedding and think of other things in our horsey show world that could really use some parody. If you have any ideas I'd love to hear them too, PM them to my stall and I'll see what I can do. If I can put together some more xtranormal points I will continue to produce works of art in the future. If things work out for horseyninjawarrior junior, we will see you around the shows this summer. Assuming of course this AWFUL Herpes scare dies down quickly, big jingles to all the horses and ponies affected by this nasty illness and their connections too! Get well Soon!!

So, dear people, please shoot me your horse-related ideas and I will have my barn staff bring over my hoof-board so I can get started.

And hopefully the Gambino family can accept my apologies. I never would have used that name had I knows they really existed.

3 members found this post helpful.

dear lord, of all families to piss off-you'd better hope they accept your apolgies,lol!

13 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by suz View Post
    dear lord, of all families to piss off-you'd better hope they accept your apolgies,lol!
    Haha! Was thinking the same thing...watch your back or you may end up "swimming with the fishes".

Seriously!!! The apology is very sincere! I absolutely never meant to insult the Gambinos. Had I known they existed, I never would have used that name.

Quote Originally Posted by horseyninjawarrior View Post
    Seriously!!! The apology is very sincere! I absolutely never meant to insult the Gambinos. Had I known they existed, I never would have used that name.
    Calm down. It's not a crime or anything.

~~a fan
    A helmet saved my life.

2015 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!