The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Pet-sitting and/or kennels in/near Libertytown, MD?

I posted a couple of months back about friends who were moving to new jobs near Frederick, MD.

Well, they've moved, and are in the middle of unpacking. So far, they LOVE the pretty geography, and the climate, having moved from still-wintery WI.

She's going to be travelling a bit for work, and would love to find a friendly reliable pet-sitter, or kennels, to take their two dogs (friendly, well-mannered, healthy, fixed) occasionally.

I said I'd post here for recommendations, knowing how great the COTH community is!

Feel free to post here or pm me.

Many thanks!

A friend of mine owns and runs a boarding kennel called Catered Canine Care (or possibly Canine Catered Care- sorry, I am losing my mind these days- comes up if you google it) in the Frederick/Jefferson area.
    Never used her as a kennel (don't own a dog) but given what I know about her as a person and horseperson, I am sure the care is good.
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.(Churchill)

Thanks so much, Bambam - I've passed on the info, and she'll probably be contacting them if/when she travels.

My daughter works at Walkersville Vet Clinic. They may be able to recommend a dog sitter. I think that a couple of the vet assistants at the clinic do occasional pet sitting.

Buckeystown Vet Hospital has a fantastic kennel. I did some relief work for them several years ago and the facility and the care was top notch. I have referred several friends there and they have always been very pleased. It's the only kennel in the area that I recommend. I will PM you about the ones that I advise friends to steer clear of.
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

1 members found this post helpful.

I second Buckeystown Vet. I take my 2 dogs, 3 cats and I trailer in my horse there for all routine vet care. I also use their grooming services several times a year and their boarding at least once a year.

If your friends have horses, I would be happy to send you some horse info about the area. Feel free to PM me.

Thank you SO much, Dancing Arabian, Sing Mia Song, and AKB - very much appreciated.

She's really enjoying the area - folks seem very friendly indeed.