The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Wanted- Ancient gelding who only wants to walk (Louisiana)

I am just going to throw this out there. We are in search of another old gelding for leadline/walk only for our daughters. They are still young and learning so I would love something completely bombproof and mello. Prefer something on the shorter side. Actually the shorter the better.

Very laid back life for a retired horse. Forever home. The older and slower the better. Needs to load, clip, bathe and stand well for the farrier. I am hoping to find a sweet and kind horse who loves kids.

15 acre farm with barn and pastures. Stall available if needed but the horses stay out 24/7. Auto feeder available also if necessary for older horse.

We have another ancient QH gelding who is 29 years old and an 8 year old QH gelding who is leaving to go to the trainer. And then the love of my life, Elvis, our shetland pony gelding, who is also 8 years old.
    Last edited by Weighaton; Mar. 14, 2013 at 06:30 PM.

I have the PERFECT old guy for you. He's a 28 year old QH gelding. Healthy and an easy keeper. Sound but does have some arthritis. LOVES kids and is absolutely bombproof. Please PM me for more info and thanks for considering giving and old guy a home.

Aww..I hope it works out for both of you!
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Snowflake I tried to PM you but your box is full.

Default OMG

OMG, that old horse from north GA is still alive? You must be a great horse owner! And thanks again to 2jakes who saw the CL ad which was posted here for ridiculing the owner (posted by a bother to ridicule the owner of the horse) and told me about it. I asked the owner to euth the old guy, but if she couldn't, then list him on coth. And Weighaton took him! Boy was I wrong! And I'm happy to have been wrong!

Somebody send OP a nice old sweet horse who wants to live forever!
    Last edited by cloudyandcallie; Mar. 15, 2013 at 01:49 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks, C&C - I wanted to post pictures of Zippo on his 29th birthday but they are horrible pictures of little girls with no shoes and no helmets climbing all over him bareback.

He is doing really well. We are so happy to have found him. I don't know that we are doing anything incredibly special for him. I just think longevity is in his bloodlines. But he is a good boy and we love him.

Weighaton, I cleaned out my inbox. Sorry about that!

Not sure of the geography but it might be worth talking to Lori. http://www.sunkissedacres.org/