The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Opinions on 2007 Logan trailer?

Looking at a 2007 Logan coach xt. Anyone have any thoughts or opinions on them? I love the idea of the "whiz proof" flooring. How is the craftsmanship on these trailers? I also really like the big windows, which I believe on the trailer I'm looking at are drop down on both sides. No mid tack on this one though

I bought a Logan last year and have been very pleased with it. They are well built, there's a '92 at my barn that hasn't been used in years but as it happens, the #2 at the Logan factory is a riding buddy, and when he was at my barn soon after delivering the trailer he observed he'd probably been in on the making of that old one- he went and gave it the once over and noted it had only been used a handful of times in all those years but with new tires and basic service would be good to go if the owner every decides to do that.

I have a 2004 Logan coach, from back before they had all these new models, so I'm not sure how it compares with the XT. I really like it. Can't comment on the quality because it's the only trailer I've ever owned, but the only issue I have had was one of the sliding windows in the drop-down windows shattering, and normal maintenance like repacking bearings. But the shattered window is likely my fault after almost a decade of slamming those drop-down windows shut, the framing was slightly bent and the tempered glass had enough.

I have a 1994 Logan Trojan. Love it! I bought it brand new. Last year I had to replace a hinge on the ramp and I redid the wiring a few years ago. Unless something has radically changed in how they build them I would not hesitate to buy another one some day.
    Crayola Posse - Pine Green
    RIP Whinnie Pine (June 4, 1977 - April 29, 2008)