The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tredstep Symphony Breeches

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has heard of any reviews for the tredstep symphony breeches? I am interested in buying a pair, the no. 2 azzuras. Do the silicone patches work? Is the sizing correct? Thanks!
    Gabby

I did not try them on, but I saw them at Dover last week and they are gorgeous! For the first time, I was actually quite happy Dover did not have something in my size. If they had been in my size, they would now be in my closet!
    "Life is too short to be a slave to the whims of others." -- RugBug, COTH

We got them in a few weeks ago and I love them. I tried on a rosa and normally wear a short but the regular wasn't that long on me. The best is the stretch built into the calf because I'm pretty muscular.
    "For by the love that guides my pen, I know great horses live again."

I've tried on the Rosa and they're very nice! Comfortable, fit well, and the sizing seemed to be spot on. They're really nice looking too!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyPony View Post
    In all my years of riding, gravity is the one thing that has never failed on me!

I tried the Rosas. Nice breeches, great design. Really gapped in the waistband in both sizes I tried. I thought the calves were a bit snug because of the stocking fit, but thats hard to say because I have runners calves. If the waistband had of fit better, they would have been a keeper.

1 members found this post helpful.

We get them in next week. Absolutely gorgeous breeches!

I ordered a pair of Rosa's and sent them back--the sizing and fit was a bit off for me. Love the stocking legs but the waistband gapped. Smartpak said the sizing is roughly what the TS sizing is, however I think the TredStep breeches run slightly larger. I may try the front zips and go down a size. Love the design, but not sure if the fabric will stretch and sag after a long day riding (like the TS do).
    Last edited by starlight; Mar. 13, 2013 at 06:41 AM. Reason: 6 am and I can't spell!

1 members found this post helpful.

starlight, definitely try the front zip! They fit differently!
    "For by the love that guides my pen, I know great horses live again."

We love the Rosa #3's side zip that we got for schooling and we also got a pair of the fullseat ones. Granted my duaghter only got them 10 days ago, but she rides 4 horses a day and they look amazing at the end of the day and she says they are the most comfortable breech she has ever worn and before that she was in the TS Trophy hunter low rise. She says where the velcro is on the TS is funky feeling by the end of the day, the smooth trim on these breeches keep her happy hours after riding! She wont take them off. Now, how will they look in 6 months? I will get back to you later! TS usually has the win hands down in the durability from my experiance. Size seemed to be pretty true in our instance. And...I can afford a few pairs extra for schooling since they are a little easier on the pocketbook. We will see!

I got a pair of the Rosa's... LOVE THEM. Great fit, wonderful material. Feels very similar to the TS Trophy Hunters, but at a better price.

Can't wait to find another reason to treat myself to another pair!

Default Best I've found, and what a price!!!

I just recently picked up a pair of Tredstep's new breeches at Tackeria in Wellington, and I simply cannot believe how gorgeous they are for the price! I love the silicon knee patch; it gives me a little extra "stick" in my saddle over the bigger fences. In regards to people who have had trouble with the waist, I think that the company must have heard my cry for a pair of breeches that fit a bigger booty, because these fit like a dream! I got a pair in white and have worn them three times just this week, and they still look clean (no jokes about my hatred of doing laundry!). Honestly, these are my new go to breech!

I can't wait to buy a pair for show season! They were at my Dover store this week and look absolutely fabulous for the price. Not hard to believe as I love my Tredstep boots.

So I got myself all excited to try a pair using the 20% off "sale" at Beval this month. Until I realized they charge $17.95 to ship a pair of breeches. Ouch and will just buy from Smartpak!

2 members found this post helpful.

Does anyone know who is carrying these breeches in Canada? I really like the look of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SlamDunk View Post
    Does anyone know who is carrying these breeches in Canada? I really like the look of them.
    Likely easiest to just email Tredstep re availability of breeches in Canada, otherwise I'd check with Victoria Saddlery as they seem more committed to Tredstep than some of the other Canadian retailers listed

Thanks! I lost almost my entire breeches collection (somehow they all went missing during a move) and need to replenish show breeches but I'm very picky. I will definitely check out Victoria Saddlery.

Thanks! I lost almost my entire breeches collection (somehow they all went missing during a move) and need to replenish show breeches but I'm very picky. I will definitely check out Victoria Saddlery.
    Check out the efo in Langley - you can always call to confirm availability in your sizes - Viv is great

Funny how things can go missing during a move

Dapple Gray in Collingwood, ON has them.

http://www.shopcollingwood.com/marketplace/?ad=10132865

These breeches caught our eye as soon as we walked into Dover. My daughter loves them. Great look for the price! I hope they will last like the Tailored Sportsmen do.

Quote Originally Posted by alto View Post
    Check out the efo in Langley - you can always call to confirm availability in your sizes - Viv is great

Funny how things can go missing during a move
    I'd left them in my closet (the house had sold, but we moved out early so didn't have to vacate till the end of the month) and I think someone threw them out? Or someone put them in a garbage bag to move and they got donated. At least my show coats and shirts survived the move!