The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cutest Kittens Ever—NE TN, SW VA, Asheville—With Incentives! NEW PIX!

These are the "dreaming kittens" I posted about in the Menagerie forum...

Back story—Mama cat (tiny classic brown tabby, not a tiger!) had been a stray hanging around my house for a few weeks. Cold weather arrived and I realized she was pregnant, so she came inside. Delivered 4 gorgeous kittens January 24.

Kittens will be ready to leave about April 1. They have been raised in my living room with the dog and other cats, and are socialized within an inch of their fuzzy little lives. Using the litter box, scarfing down canned food, and nibbling kitten crunchies (although they're still nursing as well).

They are:
    Ella—the only female. Gray and white shorthair tiger with equal parts tiger stripes and white. Sweet, sweet, sweet. A cuddler!
    Teddy—classic brown tabby male. No white, shorthair. Another cuddler.
    Rafe—classic brown tabby male, but with more clearly-defined edges to his markings and a finer coat. No white, shorthair. Nicely balanced between cuddling and independence.
    Hobbs—The cutest of a cute bunch. Longhaired brown tabby with white blaze, chest and legs. Adorable! A bit more self-sufficient than the others.

Incentives—All will come with full vaccinations. I will deliver within a two-hour drive of my house. And I will reimburse their new owners for spay/neuter surgery upon proof of the completed procedure (for the amount my vet would charge me—$100/spay, $70/neuter).

I'm committed to keeping Tinker, the momma cat, but I don't have room at the inn for the kittens. Shelter and rescue programs locally aren't options due to high-kill numbers in former and waiting lists in latter.

The photos I have are from they were a week old. See below. For newer pix, please PM me and I'll get some new ones posted.

http://s127.beta.photobucket.com/use...ibrary/kittens
    Last edited by chestnutmarebeware; Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:36 AM.
    "Dogs give and give and give. Cats are the gift that keeps on grifting." –Bradley Trevor Greive

1 members found this post helpful.

Bumping for the cute kittens...what a wonderful thing you are doing, CMB!
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

How far are you from Blacksburg? I would love a kitten, just rescued a 2 month old black kitten from the pound that would love a friend!
    Your dog may not be broken, but he still needs to be fixed.

RunnerandRider, I'm in Kingsport, TN, and according to Mapquest I'm about 2.5 hours away. If you're interested, maybe we could make the kitten drop-off somewhere in-between. (I'd love for you to be interested!!!)

From your signature, you sound like a great home for one of the fuzz-butts!
    "Dogs give and give and give. Cats are the gift that keeps on grifting." –Bradley Trevor Greive

You cannot post a thread about the cutest kittens ever and not post more pictures than that. Those have to date from mid-February. I want to see pictures of fuzz-butts with toys.

Could def meet partway when they are ready. May even be able to take two if they are still available at that time. Would make an appointment to get them neutered asap and would have wonderful inside/outside home on my 60 acre farm (my house is a very safe distance from my road, which is a dead end so sees very litle use)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth0552 View Post
    You cannot post a thread about the cutest kittens ever and not post more pictures than that. Those have to date from mid-February. I want to see pictures of fuzz-butts with toys.
    I know, I know. Will get the camera out tonight! Right now the preferred fuzz-butt toy is me! About a week ago they entered the satan-kitten phase. I can't walk through the kitchen without 3 or 4 of them hanging off my legs like rock climbers. Good news is I've only had to pluck two of them off the curtains so far...

RunnerandRider, if you'd like two, I will reserve two for you!!!!! If you want to PM me with your email address, I'm happy to provide more information/details.

Very tempting. I'm in middle TN. Hmm...
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxFarm View Post
    Very tempting. I'm in middle TN. Hmm...
    ParadoxFarm, I will go to extraordinary measures to find good homes for these sweet little buggers! If you're interested...

Is the little girl spoken for? Would have to talk to my hubby.
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

RunnerandRider hasn't let me know which ones she is interested in, but I will check.

For gratuitous cuteness details, I call her "Ella-Marshmella" (of course, they don't really now their names yet), and she's a shoulder-sleeper. Likes to bury herself under my hair and snooze! She also has black pads on all her feet, despite having 4 white legs, and a cute fawn mask across her face.

Newer pictures coming Friday, I promise!

aww..will love to see the pics. I have two female cats and they don't do as well with male cats. Unless male is SUPER friendly and confident! But they tolerate other females better.
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

aww..I just saw the pictures. I hadn't realized you had posted pics. So cute. Every one of them!!
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

I'll put newer photos up tomorrow. All the babies get along fine with my adult kitties and big dog, but they're currently getting into the "bonkers" phase and are regularly being swatted by the incumbents when they overstep their boundaries. They also haven't figured out that just because they can nurse from mom, doesn't mean they can nurse from anyone! The older cats just shoot me dirty looks that clearly say "You'll pay for this!"

Ya gotta love the older cats! Too funny.
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Hi there, you can email me at flyingfrogfarm@yahoo.com. If paradox is good to take the girl then I am fine with 2 boys, whichever 2 are more more attatched to each other so they can keep themselves entertained when i'm at work

As promised, here's new pictures I took last night. Fair warning—getting them to hold still was like trying to catch a greased pig. That's why you'll see a number of "sleeping" shots—that was the only time they were still!

http://s127.beta.photobucket.com/use...ml?sort=3&o=14 Group Shot, this shows the various colors clearly

http://s127.beta.photobucket.com/use...tml?sort=3&o=3 Ella

http://s127.beta.photobucket.com/use...ml?sort=3&o=25 Hobbs

http://s127.beta.photobucket.com/use...ml?sort=3&o=17 Teddy

http://s127.beta.photobucket.com/use...tml?sort=3&o=0 Rafe (with Hobbs)

Link to full kitten library:
    http://s127.beta.photobucket.com/use...s%20March%2015

Runnerandrider, I'd recommend Rafe and Teddy. They're very attached to each other, and they're cuddly. Hobbs is the best looking, but that long coat is going to take a lot of upkeep! Especially if he goes outside part-time. Plus, from the interest he's already showing in my canaries, I'm afraid he'd be hell on your wild birds.

Paradox, if you and your husband have room for Ella, I'll explore a couple of options I've been considering to get her to you. Hope you like her pictures—I just adore her...

I'll be away from the computer all weekend, but I will be sure to get back to everyone on Monday morning! BTW, kittens are going to vet for 1st shots and checkup on the 21st. My vet wants them to be 8 weeks old, but I talked them down to 7 weeks!

Thanks, everyone, for your interest!

Aww, the new pics are so cute! CMB, I will let you know when you check in on Monday!
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Just checking back in with everyone. The kittens go to the vet on the 21st for first shots and checkups. They will be 8 weeks old on the 24th, so they should be good to go to new homes anytime after that.