The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    east central Illinois and working north to the 'burbs

After a quick break to apply Caladryl to those itchy spots cursed on me by Mary Ann, I continue
    Quote Originally Posted by hurleycane View Post
    @ Rick

I agree - it would be nice to give you the control of the topic that you seek.
    Reading Comp 101: You misunderstand. I seek nothing of the sort.
    I think it might be the way to cause you to engage with reason and politeness and would better serve the profession you represent.
    Demonstrably, when its called for, I do engage with reason and politeness. Further, I only represent myself.
    So, I vote yes - make you and Tom moderators of a COTH Hoof Forum. With a couple of rules...
    I have zero interest in playing by your rules whether they be good ones or not.
    Experience is the best teacher right?
    It Depends.
    ANd shared experiences can serve as useful educators -
    Again, It Depends.
    So, can you do it? I know if you can - then Tom will.
    Of course I can do it. The question is, would I be willing to do it? And the answer to that is, under your requirements, No. And please don't be so presumptuous as to speak for what Mr. Bloomer will or will not do.
    And it would also be very big of you to issue an apology to pal-o-mino.
    ROTFLMAO! Ain't gonna' happen. S/he has neither earned nor deserves it.
    And lose the parsing would you? So much easier to read your posts without a word by word or line by line reference to the previously read material.
    Nope, I won't do that. I prefer responding to individual ideas, statements, etc because my response is absolutely clear and to the point. That's my style and as always, you, individually and as the collective, have the option to ignore me and what and how I write.

Gotta run. Its time for another application of Caladryl.........

Please don't tell us where the pox is!!!!!!

I love my competent and handsome (note the order of that) farrier, who btw will be at the barn to curse my 2 horses (who gave him a big birthday pre$ent this month) early tomorrow. Thank God he does not post on the web. He refused to do so.

The ego of the farrier is exceeded only by the ego of the male doctor. But you know, if you are great, flaunt it. Gotta love the entertainment, but the OP would like for this thread to die.

As Dandy Don Meredith used to sing, "turn out the lights, the party's over."

2 members found this post helpful.

The best farriers I've known were really nice guys, and smart enough to know they didn't know everything already.

5 members found this post helpful.

Pink pasty fingers become you in so many ways. Put a little bit of steroid in that mix and you might rest easier tonight.

Oh! for a paragraph.

How are you ever going to get through a forward, let alone a book?
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

Indeed. The pink pasty fingers complement my pink feather boa and royal purple(courtesy of Durasole) fingernails, not to mention my gorgeous bling encrusted, skin tight, chartreuse, tie-dyed flannel pajama bottoms.

The forward will be your problem/responsibility, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by tidy wabbit View Post
    The ego of the farrier is exceeded only by the ego of the male doctor.
    Which is only exceeded by the arrogance of ignorance displayed by many of their clientele..
    But you know, if you are great, flaunt it.
    Aqui lo tiene usted.
    Gotta love the entertainment, but the OP would like for this thread to die.
    Apparently, sunlight won't kill it. Perhaps a wooden stake...Or, a silver bullet...

As Dandy Don Meredith used to sing, "turn out the lights, the party's over."
    When did Dandy Don become 'the fat lady'?
    My dear departed father taught me to not start a fight, but always be there to finish it. I long ago, took those words to heart.
    Last edited by Rick Burten; Mar. 18, 2013 at 02:16 AM.

Speaking of durasole, which is horse related, it's not cool to walk around with nails with purple under them. Could you please change durasole to "clear?" I use it 2x a week on my horses, so I tend to get some on my hands. And arms, since I follow the instructions to brush it into the hooves.

Hmmm maybe my horses could paint a moneigh with Durasole?l

Spanish is not my language. Must look that up.

Speaking of durasole, which is horse related, it's not cool to walk around with nails with purple under them. Could you please change durasole to "clear?" I use it 2x a week on my horses, so I tend to get some on my hands. And arms, since I follow the instructions to brush it into the hooves.

Get some disposable gloves from your local drug store. They are useful for a lot things (dyeing leather, handling herbicides, etc.).

The OP presented a descriptor of a horse that was not a good candidate for "barefoot." The most valuable information she got was to proceed carefully and to be prepared to re-shoe the horse if things "went south." I added get a second opinion before doing anything. Or even following the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" path.

The long discussion between the BUA advocates and the advocate(s) of following the Golden Rule of Equine Husbandry (You Give The Horse What It Needs, When It Needs It, And In Appropriate Quantity And Quality) has been illuminating on multiple levels. Sadly I think Rick is now playing chess with pigeons. We all know how that will turn out.

So best of luck to the OP and carry on.

G.
    Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilherme View Post
    Get some disposable gloves from your local drug store. They are useful for a lot things (dyeing leather, handling herbicides, etc.).

The OP presented a descriptor of a horse that was not a good candidate for "barefoot." The most valuable information she got was to proceed carefully and to be prepared to re-shoe the horse if things "went south." I added get a second opinion before doing anything. Or even following the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" path.
    Exactly.

The long discussion between the BUA advocates and the advocate(s) of following the Golden Rule of Equine Husbandry (You Give The Horse What It Needs, When It Needs It, And In Appropriate Quantity And Quality) has been illuminating on multiple levels.
    The GREH is the foundation of Rick's First Law, "It Depends". Both are subject to The Law of Unintended Consequences...
    Sadly I think Rick is now playing chess with pigeons. We all know how that will turn out.
    Pigeons as in bird brains? In the oven with their 'Goose cooked'.. Wait a minute, can a pigeon have a goose? Or will they, after having participated(clay pigeons, perhaps?) in yet another COTH pigeon shoot, end up baked to tenderness in their own juices with no 'geese' involved? Time will tell... ROTFLMAO!! Does anyone out there have a recipe for pigeon souffle?

Thanks, G.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Burten View Post
    Indeed. The pink pasty fingers complement my pink feather boa and royal purple(courtesy of Durasole) fingernails, not to mention my gorgeous bling encrusted, skin tight, chartreuse, tie-dyed flannel pajama bottoms.

The forward will be your problem/responsibility, not mine.
    Just when your fun and witty self came out of the box all paisley and glowing in a black light, some one got you all wound up again with your mighty light saber slashing at imagined foes.

Well, I am gonna enjoy the forward for sure. No matter who writes it. Dana's Buff Club has a good song waiting for you and your next PJ party.

Right on!
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

Has something I have written caused you to find the cheese a bit binding? If so. ask yourself, Why??

Well Rick yes. I think I got parsed a bit for posting of turpentine without citing a study or indicating that it was based on my experience. ANd perhaps I earned a little wrath by taking issue with your parsing peoples posts into line by line retorts.

But I thought you wrapped our little bit of a disagreement pretty nicely with your PJ post - it was witty and conveyed a very nice image for putting this thing to rest.

Then with just the slightest of prods you got your light saber all lit up again with childish tag line swats.

Though I do not think these pixels I put on this screen have weight in your life I have to ask do you really think folks must either ignore or endure your inflammatory degredations?

I am sure you know they do not have such a requirement to abide.

I am no BUA or other such label you may want to assign me. Just a participant on a forum about horses and various parts of horses - including the humans that they teach.

Pretty interesting stuff in these forums.

I am sure you would agree.

Peace RIck.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleycane View Post
    Well Rick yes. I think I got parsed a bit for posting of turpentine without citing a study or indicating that it was based on my experience. ANd perhaps I earned a little wrath by taking issue with your parsing peoples posts into line by line retorts.
    Nah. Bear in mind that is my writing style and that I find this stuff amusing and entertaining..
    But I thought you wrapped our little bit of a disagreement pretty nicely with your PJ post - it was witty and conveyed a very nice image for putting this thing to rest.
    Some just won't let sleeping dogs lie(as in sleep not prevaricate )
    Then with just the slightest of prods you got your light saber all lit up again with childish tag line swats.
    Well, that's one POV...Why are you taking such umbrage when you were out of the discussion, free and clear? Or was it a case of your recognition that the shoe fit?
    Though I do not think these pixels I put on this screen have weight in your life I have to ask do you really think folks must either ignore or endure your inflammatory degredations?
    We all make choices......And I might were I so wont, to turn your question around and ask it of you....
    I am sure you know they do not have such a requirement to abide.
    So?
    I am no BUA or other such label you may want to assign me.
    Me assign a label to you? Au Contraire'. You do that to yourself with your words and deeds.
    [quote]Just a participant on a forum about horses and various parts of horses - including the humans that they teach. [/quote\]
    Though its only my opinion, your words and interactions speak otherwise.
    Pretty interesting stuff in these forums.

I am sure you would agree.
    Indeed I do. Now, if someone would just post a recipe for pigeon souffle.....
    Peace RIck.
    I prefer Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar" Act 3, Scene 1, line 273 but will settle for what occurred 27July1953 at 39°N 125° 45’E

Innocent bystander just inquiring as to what a "moneigh" is? Are you invoking Claude Monet?

If so , have a go with Durasole, but don't expect your work to bring in the moneigh that his does. Or is that money? BTW, he was French.
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by merrygoround View Post
    Innocent bystander just inquiring as to what a "moneigh" is? Are you invoking Claude Monet?

If so , have a go with Durasole, but don't expect your work to bring in the moneigh that his does. Or is that money? BTW, he was French.
    Count de money!!!

It's de Monet. (But don't correct the King! ).

G.
    Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

A moneigh is a play on Monet. A painting by a horse. And one of my horses has roots in the impressionist era, and has french ancestry, so he could probably "pass" as a frenchman. That durasole gets under fingernails and stays there even in showers. And the hospital gloves do tear when handling shod hooves. They don't make latex like they used to.

Instead of blue dog paintings, we'll do purple horse paintings.

Mo-neigh. I hear Mo-neigh on this thread.

I see green screens with men in loose knit wool waving flash lights - fiercely.

Oh please RB, parse this with hijacked bard and traveler's coordinates (no sailor swears though)

Might make a good intro for the book.

My image is of two old codgers, standing at opposite ends of a football field, imagining that they are having a true pi$$ing contest, but, alas, only managing to dribble a bit in their respective endzones.

Now, that's just an image, mind you. I realize some participants are not eligible for codger-dom. And not because of their age, if you get my drift.

Though it is ... umm ... perking up a bit, now that no one is taking themself so seriously.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

1 members found this post helpful.

Mod 3 addressed some of the issues in this thread in my absence, and I'm not going to wade through the whole thread again myself, but since we're safely far afield from the original topic, we're going to close the thread while things are relatively cordial.

Thanks,
    Mod 1