The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

What does Jessie Phoenix call A Little Romance? Is it Blue? She just uploaded some videos from last weekend!

And back to talking about the main subjects of this thread:
    What's next for these stars?

(and thank you very much for all your kind words about the photos)
    Oh, and another interesting "factoid" that proves just how small this world really is: some of the photos on Jessica's pages are of a dun-coloured horse with a white face- D'jion- who was purchased from MY event coach a few years ago!!!
    Another owner of A Fine Romance baby who has grown up and joined the fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fanfayre View Post
    And back to talking about the main subjects of this thread:
    What's next for these stars?

(and thank you very much for all your kind words about the photos)
    Oh, and another interesting "factoid" that proves just how small this world really is: some of the photos on Jessica's pages are of a dun-coloured horse with a white face- D'jion- who was purchased from MY event coach a few years ago!!!

That is cool! I love how connected eventing is!

LOL, No no I think we should talk about all of the Fredlets. They can't all have such great riders as the Canadian team riders or Lauren Kieffer, but our amateurness should not detract from their awesomeness!

I just found a treasure trove of 200 videos from Phoenix Eventing, and I wanted to make sure I shared the right horse from those. What is A Little Romance's barn name?
    Last edited by Renascence; Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM. Reason: thanks Fanfayre for the amateurness line lol!

Good Point!!!
    What????!!! You think I'm not as good as our Team members ?!!! Actually, it makes them even MORE stars to put up with our amateurness

ETA: Just checked the vids out, and yes, A Little Romance is named Blue! At the start of Blue's sj round you hear the announcer say "Jessica Phoenix riding A Little Romance" QED ALR = Blue (science nerd alert!)
    Last edited by fanfayre; Mar. 18, 2013 at 07:11 PM.

2 members found this post helpful.

Yes it is Blue! LOL

1 members found this post helpful.

Good Point!!!
    What????!!! You think I'm not as good as our Team members ?!!! Actually, it makes them even MORE stars to put up with our amateurness

ETA: Just checked the vids out, and yes, A Little Romance is named Blue! At the start of Blue's sj round you hear the announcer say "Jessica Phoenix riding A Little Romance" QED ALR = Blue (science nerd alert!)
    fanfayre, I don't get the connection? (even if I am watching BBT right now!)

Her owners call her 'Blue Eyes' Blue for short.

There was nice mention of AfR/Solo and ALR/Blue in an earlier recent EN too.

http://eventingnation.com/home/pine-...in-report.html

I am proud of ALL the AFR offspring - proud that people chose him to breed their much-loved mares to, and that the babies are horses you are happy and proud to ride....

Solo was the first horse bred by a friend of mine, Dr. Cynthia Pyper, and Blue was bred by the Leschied's out their daughter's event mare.
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

Gail: connection?
    QED is science-speak for "therefore", as in, therefore A Little Romance[ALR] equals Blue!, which both you and Bzzy18 confirmed. (What is BBT?)
    What I think is so amazing is you can name the owner and background of the dam of all your AFR babies! I can just hear it, years from now, you'll be saying, "Vida Romance, yes, she was bred by that crazy woman in BC out of her event mare"

QED is science-speak for "therefore",
    not really.
    QED is short for Quod Erat Demostratum "That which was to be demonstrated (proven)"

If you are trying to prove B, you can say A is true, A implies B, therefore B, QED. But you can not say QED BEFORE you logically deduce B.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

^ that's what I meant. Thank you for clarifying, but still ALR= Blue
    Hey, I'm a geographer, so some people think I'm only a quasi-scientist and as such post quasi-scientific facts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdkSw...j4d8LQ&index=7

Thank god we have some scientists analyzing the data for us on who is who!

So this video is A Little Romance aka Blue Eyes in SJ last weekend. She skipped around easy as pie.

Fred it is good the EN commentator likes Blue, isn't it?

What a cutie! Is she Really small?
    "My ideal horse is the horse that I fall in love with again every morning when I see his face hanging over the stable door, looking for breakfast. " - Jim Wofford

Lets just say... She's the perfect size for Jessie

Quote Originally Posted by Bzzy18 View Post
    One more question - did any AFR offspring ever race or are they purely sport bred? I know nothing about racing but have often thought Solo missed his true calling.... I have never seen anything gallop like that horse!
    I bred AFR himself to race - specifically I bred him intending to sell him as a yearling at the Select Sales....
    One time the manager of one of the largest TB race farms in NA came up to me at a horse show and said (almost angrily ) "why the HELL didn't you race that horse??"
    Fred himself has a wonderful canter/gallop - he had it even as a foal, very balanced, long strided - so easy and light.
    When he was jumping around a course you barely heard his footfall.
    That canter/gallop/jump seems to be the thing he is most prepotent for, that and the almond shaped eyes that Bethe mentioned.
    I know Solo has that GREAT gallop - really phenomenal - people have commented to me specifically on his wonderful gallop and speed.
    But no AFRs have gone to the track, even though the idea has come up a number of times. My neighbours around the corner are race trainers, and they admire him greatly and keep saying they want to breed to him to race.

I wish we had some XC video of Solo to post - he really just eats it up, doesn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by SueL View Post
    Fred, even if there is no male "Fredlet" to carry the male line, his legacy will live on through his lovely and talented daughters!

SueL, thank you.
    I hope that is the case, and I would love it if the daughters went into good breeding programs.
    One of his 1st crop daughters is the dam of a horse who went to the most recent PanAms in dressage!!
    I wish I could post some pics of him!

maybe this will work..
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater

But I am still hoping for a couple of stallion sons.
    Maybe one will be born this year.

I think a COTHer actually took this video so thank you! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVpkdsZhpNE&sns=tw while not exactly a galloping clip I am still proud of it! I video dressage and show jumping religiously but am rarely able to catch any xc so I love when others post video.

Quote Originally Posted by Bzzy18 View Post
    I think a COTHer actually took this video so thank you! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVpkdsZhpNE&sns=tw while not exactly a galloping clip I am still proud of it! I video dressage and show jumping religiously but am rarely able to catch any xc so I love when others post video.
    I love it too and just wish there was more!

Here is Solo/A First Romance and Selena in the Indoor Eventing at the Royal this year. Again, can't show his big gallop - but you can get an idea...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqbDV...ature=youtu.be

Thank you to HorseJunkiesUnited.

And here is Jess Phoenix and A Little Romance also at the Indoor Eventing at the Royal.
    Jess and ALR won the class that night.
    Thanks again to HorseJunkies United for the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0u1b-ePg7E

I've watched both of these videos repeatedly and I STILL hold my breath!

Oh, and another interesting "factoid" that proves just how small this world really is: some of the photos on Jessica's pages are of a dun-coloured horse with a white face- D'jion- who was purchased from MY event coach a few years ago!!![/I]
    Totally off topic but I have a very cool small world story about D'jon...I competed out west at pony club nationals one year and the family I was billeted with came east later that year for the Royal. They sat down to watch the indoor eventing and who did they see but their very own horse who they had sold years ago as a 3 year old and lost track of until that very moment. Go D'jon!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    And here is Jess Phoenix and A Little Romance also at the Indoor Eventing at the Royal.
    Jess and ALR won the class that night.
    Thanks again to HorseJunkies United for the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0u1b-ePg7E

I've watched both of these videos repeatedly and I STILL hold my breath!

Whoooeeeee! She can turn and burn!

This reminds me of a funny clip of me and Spirit in a 3"6" jumper clinic. It was at a Holstein breeder's farm. At the end he wanted us to gallop the jumps. So the Holsteins did it at medium canter. Then I tore around on Spirit and everyone oohs and my mom goes, "Thats called a thoroughbred!"

Bzzy I wish you could find that cool picture of Solo from last season where he was jumping really high in SJ and it looked he was clearing a trailer! I think it was on EN.