The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bzzy: That is SO COOL!!! Did they connect with his new owner that night? Do they still keep in touch? I'm going to tell Jane that story if you don't mind- she'll think that's really neat!
    Another owner of A Fine Romance baby who has grown up and joined the fun!!!

Raising my hand to say I have a colt son of AFR out of my lovely CCI** mare! He's a full TB, but papered and inspected ISR/Old with good scores. I plan to geld him, but the appointment hasn't been made yet

Can't say enough good things about my little man, but then again I'm a bit biased! He's just a yearling, but he has the BEST brain. Everything is easy peasy with him (and I'm an amateur and first-time breeder). He also has a lovely shoulder and neck, powerful engine, and a canter that I can't wait to sit on!

Any time Fred's name comes up, I must also add that Gail is a lovely woman and couldn't be easier to work with! She held this first-time breeders hand and was just as excited as me when we saw the black dot at the 2 week mark.

Fred's not getting any younger folks, so if you have thought about breeding to him, don't wait!

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfayre View Post
    Bzzy: That is SO COOL!!! Did they connect with his new owner that night? Do they still keep in touch? I'm going to tell Jane that story if you don't mind- she'll think that's really neat!
    Doesn't that just epitomize how small the (horse) world is? I'm not sure if they made contact? It was the year Oli Towend rode him (I think I am remembering correctly? ) and I think we who have been going every year forget how completely overwhelming the Royal is lol. still one of my fav moments ever....

Check out this write up about Fred and A Little Romance on EN today!

http://eventingnation.com/home/ens-got-talent-jessica-phoenix-and-a-little-romance.html

2 members found this post helpful.

Reading that EN article gave me chills- Jen Irwin, ALR's 1st rider, has been a very good friend for a very long time (over 20 years). [although a lot of you will ask, "if she's such a good friend, then why didn't she know Jen's moved to Europe?" Answer- I"m terrible at letter-writing and emailing, so lost touch the last couple of years]
    I repeat-SMALL WORLD!!!
    ps, if anyone knows how to get in touch with Jen Irwin (Bzzy/ Fred?), please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom's Rider View Post
    Raising my hand to say I have a colt son of AFR out of my lovely CCI** mare! He's a full TB, but papered and inspected ISR/Old with good scores. I plan to geld him, but the appointment hasn't been made yet

Can't say enough good things about my little man, but then again I'm a bit biased! He's just a yearling, but he has the BEST brain. Everything is easy peasy with him (and I'm an amateur and first-time breeder). He also has a lovely shoulder and neck, powerful engine, and a canter that I can't wait to sit on!

Any time Fred's name comes up, I must also add that Gail is a lovely woman and couldn't be easier to work with! She held this first-time breeders hand and was just as excited as me when we saw the black dot at the 2 week mark.
    Thank you very much Ransom's Rider. I love your little boy, and wish you all the very best of luck with him.
    I love that beautiful picture of him trotting beside his mum....
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom's Rider View Post
    Check out this write up about Fred and A Little Romance on EN today!

http://eventingnation.com/home/ens-got-talent-jessica-phoenix-and-a-little-romance.html

very exciting!

I hope they mention Jacqueline Mars' wonderful fillies too, Landmark's Legendary Romance, and Landmark's Ginger Rogers, as well as the baby A Novel Romance,owned by LLG Eventing, who was 3rd, 2nd and 1st in his first outings at BN, with exceptional dressage tests. (for a baby).

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...bS&h=gAQEUqrQb

Here are some cool pictures of A Little Romance from Red Hills that a photographer linked to the article!

Awesometastic. If my mare ever decides she needs a social life she will text him.
    Shut up! You look fine! --Judybigredpony
    Ms. Brazil

^^ Thank you gr8ful. 'awesumtastic' is a great word.

Gail: connection?
    QED is science-speak for "therefore", as in, therefore A Little Romance[ALR] equals Blue!, which both you and Bzzy18 confirmed. (What is BBT?)
    What I think is so amazing is you can name the owner and background of the dam of all your AFR babies! I can just hear it, years from now, you'll be saying, "Vida Romance, yes, she was bred by that crazy woman in BC out of her event mare"

I do remember all the mares and the breeders, but sadly, I have lost touch with many of them and the offspring. .
    I try to keep in touch though, and really,really appreciate the mare owners and subsequent owners who keep in touch with me.

BBT? Big Bang Theory

Default ohhhhh more accolades today for A Little Romance and her daddy from Jessie Phoenix!

http://eventingnation.com/home/ens-g...ectations.html

When the reigning Pan Am Games Gold Medalist and 2012 Canadian Equestrian of the Year says her horse has shown no limits and could be her next Pan Am or Olympic horse.....well it is very exciting and validating for those of us who believed!

Compliments about the AFR offspring's hearts, talent, gallop, and jump sure sound better coming out of her mouth than mine, I am sure!

It is also exciting news that she is helping her students with more AFR's who are in the pipeline!

Bonsall, CA- with my horses finally home again!

Fred,
    I tried to send you a PM but your mailbox was full. Can you confirm AFR's book is full this year? Will his book close early again next year, and can one get on that list now?
    Thanks!
    ~Living the life I imagined~

Quote Originally Posted by hey101 View Post
    Fred,
    I tried to send you a PM but your mailbox was full. Can you confirm AFR's book is full this year? Will his book close early again next year, and can one get on that list now?
    Thanks!
    hello hey101. I apologise for my inbox, I have made some room, and I will PM you! thank you for contacting me.

Thank you Renascence.
    I was really pleased to read Jess Phoenix's comments and the fact that she hopes her filly might go to the Olympics, WEG or the Pan Ams.
    Of course I would be thrilled if this happened.
    Even more excited if there were more than one AFR offspring there.

There was an AFR grandbaby at the last PanAms (competing in dressage) and that was pretty exciting too.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...type=3&theater

Viva's Veroveraar.
    Last edited by Fred; Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:31 PM.

ps, if anyone knows how to get in touch with Jen Irwin (Bzzy/ Fred?), please let me know.
    Jennifer Irwin coaches out of Sprucehaven farm in southwestern Ontario (London area):
    http://sprucehaven.weebly.com/jennif...-eventing.html

Hi, M&B;
    I know she used to, but the EN report said she had moved to Europe 2 years ago. Did she move back?

I believe she was in Germany at some point but is definitely back in Ontario now - well I think she was in Florida this winter but you get my gist, she is on this continent

As a long time Fred fan, I hope and pray there will be a son to carry on his lines. I have wanted, for several years, to have a Triple Twist daughter that I could breed to him but the stars have not aligned for that to happen. He has always impressed me and is what I look for in an eventing sire. His offspring are speaking for themselves and continue to perform and prove he is a prepotent sire.
    Gail has been wonderful and supportive of myself and Trey over the past several years. She is the epitome of a knowledgable breeder and stallion owner. Standing and competing a stallion (as well as breeding) is a never ending job and financially, physically and emotionally draining and I admire her for all she has done for, and with, Fred. I strive to be like her in my own breeding pursuits. She has always lent an ear and given me much needed advice as I struggled with trying to do it myself. I was too young starting out and had an unbroken, unproven, older stallion from the start so we were always behind the eight ball, but she was always encouraging and I will forever be grateful and will continue to admire her and her breeding program.
    Thank you Gail, and Fred, for being an inspiration and maybe one day a "Fredlet" will me in my cards
    There is no secret so close as that between a rider and his horse-Robert Smith Surtees
    Breeding TBs, Connemaras and TB/Conn crosses for eventing
    www.twistoffateeventing.com

Thank you twistoffate. What a lovely thing to say. It means a lot to me.

I am proud of you for what you tried to do with Trey, and you did your best for him.
    In the end, that is all we can do.

I wish there was a stallion son too, and there still might be.
    Jacqueline Mars has a colt from last year out of a beautiful ISH mare by Cougar, a son of Cruising; Peter Barry has a colt out of a lovely young WB mare he had high hopes for in competition. She took a year off to have the baby.
    And I have a rising yearling colt here too, who is very impressive. He is a full brother to a youngster who is doing well in his first year of competition at BN.

And there are others out there, and babies to be born this year.
    It takes a lot of dedication to develop and stand a stallion, and I hope that there will be someone out there who is willing.
    I am willing and able to help in any way I can as well.

Failing that, I know there are many wonderful daughters out there, who I hope will end up in good breeding programs, and carry those precious TB bloodlines on.