The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Oh very interesting. I'm his groom and Sotera Tu is what's in his passport but I don't know the original source of that information, let me know what you find out! Gotta love pedigreequery!

2 members found this post helpful.

PS these pictures are nothing to be ashamed of!!! Love them

1 members found this post helpful.

It worked!!! You guys look awesome!!!

Vida's stadium shots show her in the beginnings of an impaction colic, which she didn't let me know she was having until AFTER her round, so the poor little thing was in quite a bit of pain and not jumping with her normal good form. If I could have got the photographer to delete those particular photos I'd proudly post the cross-country pics because she looks quite a bit like A Little Romance when jumping!
    Another owner of A Fine Romance baby who has grown up and joined the fun!!!

Bzzy, that's so cool that you get to groom!! The last time I saw Selena, she was just a young-un' while her mother was warming up for the dressage ring at Checkmate!!! (Yes, I AM that OLD!!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bzzy18 View Post
    I agree. Holly you look great, and Spirit is just gorgeous.
    You have another picture I love, and it makes me smile everytime I see it...you are galloping along on your beautiful mare, with a huge beautiful smile on your beautiful face.
    To me it sums up what it is all about.

Bzzy18, how cool that you are Solo's groom! I heard that he jogged with the Team at RH!
    As you know from FB, I am beyond proud of that horse, and the great job Selena, Morag - and you! - have done with him.

fanfayre - poor Vida! can you just buy the picture you like best, and only post that one?
    (I remember reading a quote from a famous photographer once, and he said the trick of being a great photographer is to throw away all the bad pictures.....).
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

I have a couple friends who are professional photographers and they have said the same thing. For every great photo there's about 20 bad ones especially when working with animals or children
    "My ideal horse is the horse that I fall in love with again every morning when I see his face hanging over the stable door, looking for breakfast. " - Jim Wofford

Quote Originally Posted by fanfayre View Post
    It worked!!! You guys look awesome!!!

Vida's stadium shots show her in the beginnings of an impaction colic, which she didn't let me know she was having until AFTER her round, so the poor little thing was in quite a bit of pain and not jumping with her normal good form. If I could have got the photographer to delete those particular photos I'd proudly post the cross-country pics because she looks quite a bit like A Little Romance when jumping!
    Thanks! I bet she does look like A Little Romance! You must let us see at least one picture...

Quote Originally Posted by Bzzy18 View Post
    Oh Thank you! I hope I get to meet Team O Hanlon someday!

Two of my friends from Maine have met you guys. One was at Chesterland last year when you rolled in, and she said you all pitched in and cleaned out Bruce's stalls before unloading, including Selena. That impressed her. She also thought Solo looked like Spirit.

The other friend has worked on your horses, Jo Ann Wilson, she is great!

Ok, here is the link to the photographers' website. I hope it works; just remember the stadium pictures are awful for a reason
    http://www.printroom.com/ViewGallery...ery_id=3133744

^ Theres some great photos there! Lovely horse
    "My ideal horse is the horse that I fall in love with again every morning when I see his face hanging over the stable door, looking for breakfast. " - Jim Wofford

Thank You very much! She's coming along . That was her first competition ever.

San Ramon/Castro Valley/Brentwood, California

Every A Fine Romance baby has that look, those almond shaped eyes too. I have one. Anyone can ride her, from rank beginner to experienced. She is dearly loved by those who ride her in lessons. She's even competed in some western ranch classes! She is level headed, she tells each rider who they are, and woe unto the rider who pulls on her face...she'll let it be known that quiet steady hands are quite acceptable in her book! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Vic_007 View Post
    ^ Theres some great photos there! Lovely horse
    I agree, fanfayre. Lovely!

Gail, are there any Fred babies who stand at stud?
    Click here before you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfayre View Post
    Ok, here is the link to the photographers' website. I hope it works; just remember the stadium pictures are awful for a reason
    http://www.printroom.com/ViewGallery...ery_id=3133744
    She is beautiful! Thanks for being brave and sharing. You were giving a talented green horse a great ride, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by deltawave View Post
    I would definately be interested to know this as well since I can't breed to him directly!

Quote Originally Posted by deltawave View Post
    Not at this time, deltawave, not that I know of.
    There was a very nice youngster being kept as a stallion prospect who very sadly died last year.
    AFR has always had more daughters than colts, and despite the quality of the colts, almost all been gelded.

There was another really exceptional colt who was kept intact for quite a while, and then due a partnership ending, was gelded and sold (to Alison Springer).

I have had a few colts, but have always gelded them as well - except for one who I felt might have been the best horse I have ever bred.
    He died a few years ago, and I am still grieving his loss.

There were a few colts born last year, one of them is mine - Jacqueline Mars has one, as does Peter Barry.
    I have no idea if any of them will be kept intact.

I'm now too old to do it myself, but I would love it if someone else would be willing and able to take on the development and standing of a stallion prospect, and I would help in every way I could.
    I hate to think that his line will die with him and me.

I have always wanted a full roll call of eventing AFR babies - the ones who kept with the Romance naming line are easy, but for example I didn't realize until last year that 2 of Lauren Keiffer's StoneHall bred horses that she competes extremely successfully are AFR. So cool.

One more question - did any AFR offspring ever race or are they purely sport bred? I know nothing about racing but have often thought Solo missed his true calling.... I have never seen anything gallop like that horse!

Fred, even if there is no male "Fredlet" to carry the male line, his legacy will live on through his lovely and talented daughters!
    "Horsemanship is not merely a matter of bodily skills, but is based on scholarship and, therefore, is a matter of the mind and intellect." Charles de Kunffy

http://www.equiimages.com