The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I currently own 2 GPA First Ladies, but didn't want to school in them. I was looking for a very cheap helmet. I saw the ovation deluxe schooler, and love it. It has vents covering the helmet, which keeps me cool in the summer. If your looking for a more well known helmet that you could show in and is dirt cheap, but still In style, is the co gr8 or jr8. Jr8 is cheaper, but try the ovation deluxe schooler in black! Dover carries them!

http://www.doversaddlery.com/ovation...15mu45zmknv5ef

I have heard that the COs tend to not vent well at all to let heat escape? I was considering one until I heard that.
    Maggie Bright, lovingly known as Skye and deeply missed (1994 - 2013)
    The Blog

After I had a fall and smashed in the side of my Troxel Dakota, I went directly to the Troxel website and took advantage of their sales:

http://www.troxelhelmets.com/sale

You have to check back every so often to get the best deals.

Now I have two new helmets!

Quote Originally Posted by ellebeaux View Post
    After I had a fall and smashed in the side of my Troxel Dakota, I went directly to the Troxel website and took advantage of their sales:

http://www.troxelhelmets.com/sale

You have to check back every so often to get the best deals.

Now I have two new helmets!
    State Line Tack has 15% off the entire order right now so I was hoping to get in on that deal.

I am still confused though, if my head fits into an IRH just fine, does that make me a round or oval shape?
    Maggie Bright, lovingly known as Skye and deeply missed (1994 - 2013)
    The Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Skyedragon View Post
    I am still confused though, if my head fits into an IRH just fine, does that make me a round or oval shape?
    Skyedragon, that depends on which model IRH you have. IRH makes most of their helmets in two shapes, Regular and Long Oval. I have an IRH Elite EQ Long Oval as my show helmet. I got the Long Oval shape after I measured my head with a flexible curve. If you have one of those, try to get your head shape from it.

Here's one you may want to consider. My DD has a Lami-Cell, and it is light and comfortable:

http://www.doversaddlery.com/lami-ce...mr4m55gy0qe33s
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

Quote Originally Posted by Macimage View Post
    Does anybody have the Tipperary Sportage? I have it in my shopping cart but am having second thoughts as no one has recommended it.

Thanks!
    I have it and I LOVE it compared to my Troxel. It is way more comfortable and much cooler, but it does seem to run a little smaller.

I have an Ovation (not sure which one, the black plastic schooling model), an older Tipperary and the Troxel Liberty. I am a size 7 1/4 with an oval head. I hate the Ovation. It is cheap and did not hold up at all to daily schooling. It does not breath and my head was always freakishly hot. The visor broke off and the liner fell apart in six months. The Tipperary is better than the Ovation, breathes well, but isn't super lightweight. The Troxel breathes very, very well, and is super lightweight. It is my favorite to school in. None of them are particularly attractive. I don't know that you would want to show in any of them.