The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Looking for Horse Boarding Facility in Howard County, MD

I'm looking for a place to board my horse in Howard County. What I'm looking for, in order of importance, are:
    dependable, high quality, personal horse care by knowledgeable horse professional(s); smaller facility where my young horse (coming 5) and I won't be "lost"; outside ring and indoor arena; outside jumps and/or cross-country course; can use own trainer.

Desirable extras are: access to public riding areas; access to fox chasing.

I'm a working adult and ride primarily after 6 p.m. on weekdays and on weekends, so I need a place that does not have a heavy lesson program that limits my access to the riding facilities at those times.

I live in Baltimore City and my trainer is in Mt. Airy, so I'm interested in a boarding facility between those areas. I'd very much appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Playland Farm in Union Bridge has a beautiful heated barn with attached indoor, and great care.

1 members found this post helpful.

Try Southwind in Damascus. It's a larger barn with a small barn feel, excellent care, 2 outdoor rings & an indoor, many miles of trails, outside trainers allowed (no ring fee), some xc jumps, runs small CT's and derby crosses, great for a young horse. Added bonus of great people boarding there. I used to work in Baltimore and board there, not a bad drive, and convenient to Mt Airy

Try GoodNess Ridge in Mt. Airy. Not sure if they have jumps but the facility is top notch! Beautiful indoor and outdoor with awesome felt footing, mirrors inside. Barn full of professional women and excellent care. I don't board there but it is owned by a friend.

www.goodnessridge.com

Baltimore City to Damascus or to Playland are either one an hour drive even without traffic. Really?
    I tolerate all kinds of animal idiosyncrasies.
    I've found that I don't tolerate people idiosyncrasies as well. - Casey09

http://taylormadestables.com
    Some outside trainers come in, perhaps you could ask about others?
    One thing you can give and still keep is your word.

try Pleasant Prospect - mostly a fox hunter place/lovely facility, no indoor. Lots of ride out spaces, close to trails but plenty of trail riding right on the property. Close to Waredaca