The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Didnt get her. Word on the street is she went for $20,000 over asking price. Of course, I suppose its all pending a veterinary exam. Maybe she will be a lemon and endup with me anyway!

Oh so sorry. I was rooting for you. Fear not - the right one will come along.
    You don't scare me. I ride a MARE!

As long as they can make the striding, I don't see there being a problem. My horse is just over 15 hands and I have to really get her to lengthen in order to make a 12 foot stride (she's more comfortable at an 10-11 foot stride).

Aw, man sorry you didn't get her.

At least the seller was honest with you that he was taking offers from others, and the final date. It would have REALLY sucked if he hadn't told you, and you had been willing to pay that for her.

Seller was very honest, dont blame him one bit. It is too bad, but I am also very lucky to have two incredible beasts. I was never looking for another one, just had the opportunity to try her out and just so happened to fall in love with the way she went. From what I hear, she will have a wonderful home with a FAR better rider than I, and Im sure will be a top hunter in a few years time. Thanks for all the quick replies though, the more I ride the smaller ones the more I start to prefer that to my 16 and 17hh ones!