The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by AliCat View Post
    Did any of you try the panache bra?
    I have the Panache. I like it but don't love it. I showed in it a week or so ago. It has a molded cup and it seems like alot of material so I worry it would be hot in really warm, humid weather. It definitely is comfortable and reduces bounce but the Anita probably does a little bit better job of that for my body. I have no hope of no bounce - seems unrealistic for my big girls.
    You don't scare me. I ride a MARE!

Quote Originally Posted by equisusan View Post
    I have the Panache. I like it but don't love it. I showed in it a week or so ago. It has a molded cup and it seems like alot of material so I worry it would be hot in really warm, humid weather. It definitely is comfortable and reduces bounce but the Anita probably does a little bit better job of that for my body. I have no hope of no bounce - seems unrealistic for my big girls.
    Did you try riding in the Enell yet or just the Anita? I thought the Enell really held "the girls" in. I agree with the previous poster that recommended putting it on while laying down - that really helped me get it on!

I like the Moving Comfort bras as far as comfort goes, but for me, they don't contain the bounce at all, at least, not for riding. I use them when I'm working out on the elliptical machine and they work great for that.

Sorry if I missed it earlier, but what size are you?

Sorry if I missed it earlier, but what size are you?
    36F or G depending on the bra.

Quote Originally Posted by Temecula Jumper View Post
    Did you try riding in the Enell yet or just the Anita? I thought the Enell really held "the girls" in. I agree with the previous poster that recommended putting it on while laying down - that really helped me get it on!

I like the Moving Comfort bras as far as comfort goes, but for me, they don't contain the bounce at all, at least, not for riding. I use them when I'm working out on the elliptical machine and they work great for that.
    I'm going to try the Enell on again tomorrow. I haven't decided whether to keep it or not yet. If I keep it I'll ride in it tomorrow. I'm going to try lying down on the bed to put it on. Funny - I think I used to do that with jeans many moons ago.

I love my Enell bras. They get more comfortable once they break in a little and you get used to the feeling of being contained. Lol. If you want no bounce, they definitely provide that.

This is my experience too - I am a 34 DDD or E, and NO BRA I've ever owned provided no bounce till I tried the Enell (I have not tried the Anita I scored on Ebay yet, it's waiting at my sister's to be picked up). It has improved my posture 100% to the point that my coach commented on this the first day I rode in it in a lesson, and I can do sitting trot all day if I want - it's not limited by chest comfort.

The first time I put it on, I immediately stripped and took it off after the ride - it was fine during - but uncomfortable at rest. Now, I can and have worn it all day if I don't get a chance to change. It's stil not comfortable enough to sleep in or anything, but you shouldn't sleep in a bra anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Temecula Jumper View Post

I have to have one that is lighter under the armpits, no particular brand. The ones with lots of thick fabric under the arms seems to hold heat and moisture more than I'd like so I look for one with webbed fabric under the arms. But it's typically quite hot & humid down here so support is good but moisture soaking fabric is not so good. Best of luck to you.

I really don't understand why anyone is still wearing those Enell bras when there are so many better options for us now.
    If you would like to give pointers to where I can find a non-custom bra for a measured 48" band and 65" bust, I'll stop wearing Enells. Until then...
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntrJumpr
    No matter what level of showing you're doing, you are required to have pants on.

Moving Comfort Juno. DD's don't budge and they're pretty comfortable, too.
    "We need a pinned ears icon." -MysticOakRanch

I'm going to try the Enell on again tomorrow. I haven't decided whether to keep it or not yet. If I keep it I'll ride in it tomorrow. I'm going to try lying down on the bed to put it on. Funny - I think I used to do that with jeans many moons ago.
    Enell is a no go for me. Either its too small or it just doesn't work for my body. Can't even comfortably get the dang thing on even lying on the bed.

Can't even comfortably get the dang thing on even lying on the bed.
    The first time, I had to get my partner to help me stretch the band and get the first two bottom hooks closed. After that, I was fine doing it by myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntrJumpr
    No matter what level of showing you're doing, you are required to have pants on.

Quote Originally Posted by ambar View Post
    If you would like to give pointers to where I can find a non-custom bra for a measured 48" band and 65" bust, I'll stop wearing Enells. Until then...
    what size do you wear in Enell? What size do you wear in your regular bras and what brands do you like for them?

Quote Originally Posted by ambar View Post
    The first time, I had to get my partner to help me stretch the band and get the first two bottom hooks closed. After that, I was fine doing it by myself.
    You are more committed than I. :-) I'm going to stick with the other brands.