The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Try a different Moving Comfort style, and CW-X. These are the two brands I couldn't live without for running, and the cross beautifully into the saddle (bit horses and mountain biking...which can get quite, uh...bumpy). All others brands I've had too much movement...and I'm an 34 A-A/B cup! I can't stand ANY movement of my tatas...
    Last edited by Kenike; Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Added in MTB, where trails and technical can cause more movement than anything else!
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

I switched to a Champion sports bra last summer & haven't looked back. I'm a 38D & I just couldn't find anything that didn't hurt when I jumped up/down. It does want to sit a little higher under my arms then I was originally used to, but now I don't notice it.

http://www.championusa.com/webapp/wc...m_vc=BraFinder

Kohls carry this style so you can try them on there. I buy them on sale & with a 30% off coupon.
    "I'm not crazy...my mother had me tested"

Quote Originally Posted by Pony+ an inch View Post
    Seriously try an Anita as soon as you can... I'm smaller than you (32DD), but I still have had the same issues finding something moisture-wicking, comfy, and supportive. OH and affordable. I think I paid $60 for both of my Anitas. The only complaint I have is that I wish it came in racer back. I have weird, broad shoulders and I hate feeling like my strap is about to slip off... The Anita never does, but still, it's a mental comfort thing.
    I will definitely give it a try, that one looks like it would give me less uni-boob than the frog bra.

I have the one Enell and I've been riding in it for ages and I still like it. Am around a 44 DDD for the record.

I certainly think they're worth the money though not completely opposed to trying something else.
    The Trials and Jubilations of a Twenty-Something Re-rider
    Happy owner of Kieran the mostly-white-very-large-not-pony.

Quote Originally Posted by AliCat View Post
    All my suggestions come up to an H cup and are under $70.
    And this is why you are awesome! I think it actually hurts my soul to fork over $110 for a bra (my normal ones). That money could go toward tack!

Quote Originally Posted by Button View Post
    And this is why you are awesome! I think it actually hurts my soul to fork over $110 for a bra (my normal ones). That money could go toward tack!
    What are you buying that is over $100 each for a daily bra? I have Chantelle and my daily options are well under that price. Some of the pretty ones are more.

Default Great new ideas ! Thank you All for the information ~

Great new ideas !
    Thank you All for the information ~

A Title IX customer to try a Wacoal !
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

1 members found this post helpful.

I received my two new bras and the Anita wins while the Enell loses. I ordered up one cup size in the Anita and its still a touch small but wearable. The Enell is like a torture device. I don't know how anyone well endowed even gets this thing on. LOL It took me forever to get strapped in and then I just wanted to be free.
    You don't scare me. I ride a MARE!

I received my Enell last week and am still waiting on the Anita. When I took the Enell out of the bag, I wasn't sure I was even going to be able to get it on! It looked sooo tiny! But, I somehow did and I have to say, I had NO bounce when I wore it for the first time! It stretched out a bit the second time and was easier to put on. I agree, it is not the most comfortable and I was glad to take it off. But, I will take that over the bounce. I'm really anxious for the Anita to arrive so I can compare!!!

Quote Originally Posted by equisusan View Post
    The Enell is like a torture device. I don't know how anyone well endowed even gets this thing on.
    Lie flat on your back on the bed to put it on.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

I can understand squeezing into shapewear or wearing a less than comfortable uber sexy occasion bra, but I do not understand why women wear something like a sports bra that makes them uncomfortable and requires concentrated effort to put on.

Quote Originally Posted by AliCat View Post
    What are you buying that is over $100 each for a daily bra? I have Chantelle and my daily options are well under that price. Some of the pretty ones are more.
    It's one of the 3 panel ones. My fitter (wife of one of DHs friends) is at a stupidly expensive store, so I think that I'm going to order them online in the future. I tried the Anita BTW, and I like it (there's a little bounce but it's tolerable). I was actually just wearing it around on Sunday since it's pretty comfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Button View Post
    It's one of the 3 panel ones. My fitter (wife of one of DHs friends) is at a stupidly expensive store, so I think that I'm going to order them online in the future. I tried the Anita BTW, and I like it (there's a little bounce but it's tolerable). I was actually just wearing it around on Sunday since it's pretty comfy.
    FWIW, all the Chantelle bras should be the same online or in store, or at least pretty close. Some styles are more expensive than others. If you like your DH's friend, see if she can order you a different style for you so you can support small business

I like to be squished pretty flat and not move/bounce at all, the Fiona bra by Moving Comfort is perfect for these requests! As a 34DD, it gets the job done! ;-)

http://www.movingcomfort.com/Fiona/3...efault,pd.html

Quote Originally Posted by Temecula Jumper View Post
    I received my Enell last week and am still waiting on the Anita. When I took the Enell out of the bag, I wasn't sure I was even going to be able to get it on! It looked sooo tiny! But, I somehow did and I have to say, I had NO bounce when I wore it for the first time! It stretched out a bit the second time and was easier to put on. I agree, it is not the most comfortable and I was glad to take it off. But, I will take that over the bounce. I'm really anxious for the Anita to arrive so I can compare!!!
    If you prioritize no bounce over comfort then I think you will like the Enell more. I still had some bounce with the Anita.

Quote Originally Posted by Janet View Post
    Lie flat on your back on the bed to put it on.
    Hmmm didn't try that. Will try.

My current fave is the Moving Comfort Maia.
    Sarah K. Andrew | Twitter | Blog | Horses & Hope calendar | Flickr | Website

Did any of you try the panache bra?

I haven't tried the Panache yet, but that is next on my list to order (if I don't like the Anita).

I have to give my bra warning:

I fell off wearing an underwire and got bruised ribs where the underwire sat. Wearing a bra was beyond painful till they healed and I was a size where going without was not an option (36H.)

So, I advise against underwire in a bra you're riding in.