The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Best sports/riding bra recommendations??

I apologize in advance if someone has already posted on this - I did a search and couldn't find anything...

I'd love to hear everyone's recommendations for the best sports/riding bra they've used that provides the most support for those of us that are somewhat amply endowed! I'm currently using the Moving Comfort "Fiona" and I like it, but there has to be something out there that minimizes the "jiggles", particularly while sitting the trot! Has anyone used the Enell bra that SmarPak sells? It sounds good but at a whopping $64, I'd like to know what people think of it before buying it. I'm a 32DDD, if that helps.

Can't wait to hear your reviews!

Default Title IX ~ Check with them ~ They can 'help"

Title IX ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

1 members found this post helpful.

I typically ride in a Wacol sports bra that has the underwire on the outside. I also just got a new Panache sports bra that seems really supportive. Both come in a pretty wide range of sizes, especially the Panache bra. I got that one from Figleaves. I tried the Enell bra on in person but by the time I got down to the right band size (I wear a 32- store said I needed a size 0 in Enell) I was "leaking" out the sides of the cup. Ouch!!

Virginia and North Carolina, Parrothead Clique!

I like the Anita line. No underwire, but absolutely no jiggle!

2 members found this post helpful.

The Enell definitely works to stop the bounce. I tend to only wear it for competition because it isn't very comfortabl.

For everyday riding, I have had luck with the Shock Absorber line.

If you do a search on Enell, you will fine LOTS of previous threads.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

I am a 38DD and always ride and show in my enell - love it and so glad I found them a few months ago. Would never ride without it anymore

I'm a 34DD and I actually prefer riding in a regular bra to any of the sports bras I've tried. I'm 50 and they are still pretty dense, but the skin is getting slacker, so bouncing is not OK unless I want them at my waist in a year. Wacoal Minimizer is my favorite right now. I've found that minimizers do a pretty good job of keeping things closer to the chest, it kind of squishes them to the sides a bit rather than the center, so it doesn't create a "uniboob", which I can't stand. It's completely not stretchy, has an underwire and has hard straps, so bounce is largely controlled.

title nine is a great place to start but I also like the ta-ta tamer from luluemon some of my friends (who are smaller chested) ride with a push up bra and then a sports bra on top, I don't because I don't like how up there my boobs get but it does really lock em in!
    My Horse Show Photography/ Blog

Wow, thank you everyone for the thoughtful and helpful suggestions!!! I'm going to look into Title IX, Panache, Anita and Wacoal (I love their minimizers!) and I think I'll also go ahead and order the Enell, but maybe in a larger size so I don't have "spillage"! Can't have too many good bras for riding and showing!

I love the Wacoals. Love, love, love the Wacoals. What I love most about them is that there is a huge range of styles and sizes that are carried at Dillard's so I can actually try them on. Even aside from that, I have found them to be the most supportive for the small rib cage compared to cup size individual.

Moving Comfort Maia bra. It is underwire with two layers for support and compression. The top layer provides ample coverage to stop any jiggling. I'm actually wearing one right now to sit on the sofa because it's so comfortable and supportive!

Wacoal isn't bad, but that's my distant second. It's not as comfy or as supportive - it just doesn't hold my 38DDs (38DDDs?) "in" where I like them for activity.

Haven't tried Enell because Moving Comfort keeps me happy.
    Born under a rock and owned by beasts!

CX-W bras. An absolutely fabulous full coverage GREAT support bra. Keeps things where they are supposed to be (and separate, too!). I have my bras I like for biking/running/triathlon, and then I have my "locked in" bra for riding. WOWZA!

Another for the Anita... I cannot recommend enough going into a store that has a fitter, though. I had no idea how divergent some brands of bras were when it came to sizing. Also, I was totally wrong on what my size was. I'd always believed Victoria's Secret when they told me I was a 36C, HA. Boy they were off... My posture both on and off the horse has improved drastically thanks to better fitting sports bras (and regular bras).

Shock Absorber D+ Max for my 36F girls. I just got a Panache too which fits well but doesn't really control the jiggles like the Shock Absorber bras. I buy mine at Her Room.
    You don't scare me. I ride a MARE!

Victoria's Secret http://www.victoriassecret.com/victo...alogueType=OLS
    Just went riding and then running in this, lovelovelove it. Doesn't do any painful squishing, but holds everything in place. Also very comfortable, no chafing at all!

I'm a 34DDD and wear my Enell for daily riding and competition, as well as to jog. My riding is much better since I switched. they can be had on Ebay for less once you know what size you need. My advise is to get the size their chart recomends (I wear a Sz. 1), they are very full coverage and I promise you won't spill out.

They'll feel a little tight and wierd the first time you wear it (I call mine the "boobie straightjacket" for a reason), but you'll get used to it fast - I can wear mine all day now if I have to.

3 members found this post helpful.

36 DDD here & Enell is the only thing that works for me.

bonus info: I wear Wacoal minimizer when I am not riding.

Thanks for the new suggestions! I went ahead and ordered the size 0 Enell from SmartPak. I should get it just in time for the first show of the season in two weeks! In the meantime, I'm going to add the CX-W, Shock Absorber, Ta-Ta Tamer, and Victoria's Secret Sports Bra to my list to try out.

That's a great idea about getting re-fitted to make sure I'm actually the size I think I am. It's been over 10 years since I've done that. My "girls" definitely changed after my daughter was born, and not for the better! LOL about a "boobie straightjacket", that's exactly what I need!

Thanks again everyone for the great suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by Temecula Jumper View Post
    Thanks for the new suggestions! I went ahead and ordered the size 0 Enell from SmartPak. I should get it just in time for the first show of the season in two weeks! In the meantime, I'm going to add the CX-W, Shock Absorber, Ta-Ta Tamer, and Victoria's Secret Sports Bra to my list to try out.

That's a great idea about getting re-fitted to make sure I'm actually the size I think I am. It's been over 10 years since I've done that. My "girls" definitely changed after my daughter was born, and not for the better! LOL about a "boobie straightjacket", that's exactly what I need!

Thanks again everyone for the great suggestions!
    The Enell is a great bra. It will come with instructions on how to put it on and following the instructions really improves the comfort level. It has front hooks (many of them) and basically you start by just hooking the bottom one or two hooks. Then you reach in and lift each breast up and over to the side, then you close the remaining hooks. This adjustment really helps alleviate that "smushed boobie" feeling. I hope it works well for you!

I have the Enell, actually like 5 of them. LOVE! It is tight on the ribs when you first wear it, but does loosen with time/sweat, hehe. Eventually, the hooks coating came off and the hooks rusted but it took a year of only switching between 2 bras riding 4x week. So I semi-retired those two and got two new black ones. I have 1 flesh one in case I wear a light color or white for shows. Currently I'm a 34DDD but when I'm a few sizes smaller my 'normal' size is 32DD.