The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 3para View Post
    Before anyone say anything I dont work for Just Riding I am in fact a full time soldier. I just wanted to say something for the other team, lol

I have ordered loads of products from them for my wife, mostly Animo to be fair I havent ordered Parlanti. But I can say that all my stuff came on time and at really good prices, all in all I had a good experience with those guys. It seems like you guys are going off at the deep end for some boots that arrived late??
    I would have been fine with them arriving late.

I'm not really fine with them telling me 5 times that my boots had shipped when they hadn't, then giving me a tracking number that belongs to someone else.

They never actually provided me a tracking number-- I had to ask them for it, multiple times. If they'd been honest about it, I would have been okay with that, but they weren't.

6 members found this post helpful.

Well mistakes happen I guess, maybe they just got it all mixed up I like to think the better of people than to just assume they are lying. Your posts just seem a little harsh is all. I looked everywhere for a jumper for my Wife and the guy on there was so helpful I got it for half the price of anywhere else and im not just saying that. Anyway's I just wanted to come on and add my say as I saw they were being trashed a bit.

Wow talk about horrible customer service. Repeatedly telling you the boots have shipped when they have not, and then writing you a threatening email asking you to censor your post (and then giving your name to another customer!!). Well too bad for them, I can infer what happened and won't be ordering anything from them and will warn friends also. Discounted products are never an excuse for horrible service. Take Tack of the Day for instance. They have super deals EVERY day, ship on time, and if there is something wrong with the product they stand by their customer and make sure it gets resolved.

Very poor taste justriding.com's part.

Now I'll be waiting for my nasty email lol.

It's not a mistake, they lied multiple times. Assuring her the boots had shipped many times and gave out the wrong tracking.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 3para View Post
    Well mistakes happen I guess, maybe they just got it all mixed up I like to think the better of people than to just assume they are lying. Your posts just seem a little harsh is all. I looked everywhere for a jumper for my Wife and the guy on there was so helpful I got it for half the price of anywhere else and im not just saying that. Anyway's I just wanted to come on and add my say as I saw they were being trashed a bit.
    Absolutely can happen, but I'd like to believe that multiple times, it would NOT happen - & if it did (despite all efforts) I'd like to believe that offering an apology over the (apparent) miscommunication would be in order, rather than angry sputtering ...

Delays & mistakes happen with everyone, it's how you handle them that sets the stage
    - & yes, I'm speaking from personal experience & naming no vendor in my comment.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by alto View Post
    Absolutely can happen, but I'd like to believe that multiple times, it would NOT happen - & if it did (despite all efforts) I'd like to believe that offering an apology over the (apparent) miscommunication would be in order, rather than angry sputtering ...

Delays & mistakes happen with everyone, it's how you handle them that sets the stage
    - & yes, I'm speaking from personal experience & naming no vendor in my comment.
    Not going to say anything other than that this poster apparently joined today to say these things. could be coincidence, could be not, I really have no idea. But this thread was dormant for weeks before that.

3 members found this post helpful.

I am going to reiterate one more time, just because it seems to be unclear based on some messages I have gotten:

the issue is NOT the fact that the boots were late.

It is that I was NEVER provided with a tracking number I didn't ask for, it usually took multiple requests to get one, I was provided with a tracking number that went to someone else (how does that even happen? my order didn't ship until after that one arrived?) and when I pointed out the issues, instead of responding civilly and with an apology, they came out guns blazing threatening me and telling me that I was defaming them.

Maybe if you communicate delays to your customers, are honest about the issues, and respectful of them, these types of things won't be problems at all. Had they told me they messed up and my boots would be late, that would be fine with me and this thread wouldn't have been started. Telling me several times that they were on their way when they clearly were not, is the issue.

Making me ask for updates, then not telling me that they gave me the wrong number and here's yours instead, etc would have been baseline proper customer service. Anything less is not acceptable.

And I am aware of at least one other poster in this thread they have contacted with a less-than-polite email as well, and that person is not even their customer.

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by gumshoe View Post
    They gave you the name of another customer? Wow.
    This totally floored me.
    Ignoring all the other bad business practices, this is enough to make me never even think of doing business with them.
    Wow.

Soloud, your complaint makes perfect sense. Not sure why anyone is confused. A business making a mistake once telling you something shipped when it has not yet, excusable. A business being dishonest about shipping over and over again and then criticizing you for being upset is not OK, it is simply a poor business practice.

5 members found this post helpful.

And yes, the fact that they mentioned me by name to a prospective customer, really did upset me and make me very concerned about the dealings that I have had with them.

I, too, am mystified as to why anyone would be "confused" about the issue here. The OP stated it quite clearly.

justriding.com 's customer service appears to SUCK.

Okay, justriding.com , let's lay it out for you plain and simple.

If you cannot ship within the timeframe quoted, CONTACT THE CUSTOMER and apologize. Follow up if necessary if there is additional delay. DO NOT make your customers chase you. For a response, an apology or a tracking number.

Be PROACTIVE. Be PROFESSIONAL. Be COURTEOUS.

Don't try to be a houseguest. C'mon.

You aren't making yourself look any better. This BB has so many members not only in the U.S., but all over the world I imagine.

Oh, and stop threatening your customers. And those who are not your customers ensuring that they never will be your customers.

Another tip: It's okay to give the name of other customers to prospective customers in the following scenario. The customer gives you PERMISSION to use him/her as a reference. No other situation is appropriate.

I don't think justriding.com is winning themselves any new customers or fans through their behavior thus far. I just hope the OP finds that she actually got the boots she ordered when she gets home. I won't be ordering from this place, that's for sure, and do appreciate when people share these experiences so we are forewarned!

2 members found this post helpful.

Default Just Riding Official Reply

I think it’s always important to get a balanced view of a situation, it’s very easy to take one persons word on a subject and jump on the bandwagon it’s the path of least resistance after all. I read comments about companies on the Internet all the time and no one from the company ever comments and so...

I am the owner of Just Riding and I feel its time I had my say on the matters above. The original poster "soloudinhere" created a post that was way out of context for the situation, so much so that when we asked for it to be removed it she agreed and removed it.

We are a family run company who has worked tirelessly to create and promote our families brand, we pay thousands every month to ensure that we rate highly on google searches when someone searches our brand name, it doesn’t seem quite right that an individual can write something very damaging (I won’t repeat it again here) as a title to their post and hit page 2 of google. Particularly when related to a situation that was unintentional and that would normally be forgiven having been rectified and the customer not giving any previous complaint to us directly.

The posters version of events are obviously entirely one sided and the following posts are littered with untruths and speculation about our business. I reviewed every single live chat transcript that was conducted between my business and “soloudinhere” her enquiries were all answered within 1 minute of chat being initiated on the 4th occasion that we were contacted the problem was solved. My operators behaved professionally and helpfully on every occasion. There was a significant problem in the supply chain for this particular parcel, which has not happened before despite us sending several pairs of riding boots to the United States every week. The customers details where mixed with another and so she was given tracking for someone else’s parcel and by all accounts my staff believed that her item had been sent, it’s not that hard a situation to imagine. The customer was polite and happy that her enquiries had been addressed swiftly and effectively we parted professional company feeling that the customer had in the end been satisfied, I’m obviously sorry that that wasn’t the case and I am disappointed that the customer has chosen to work on the assumption that my staff were lying as opposed to a genuine mistake taking place.

When it was discovered that the customer was provided with incorrect tracking we apologised profusely to the customer and assured her that this was an isolated incident and she was immediately provided with the correct data, her item later arrived 8 days later than intended.

When we were alerted to the fact that the customer had posted her view of the transaction on the internet obviously it was important for us to protect our company and so we requested that aspects of her post be removed, we did not threaten we merely asked politely for them to be removed as we felt that they were out of context and the customer kindly agreed. We also did not post an “angry sputtering” or email an angry rant as one other user stated, our previous communication had been one of apologetic tone and ended up as a polite and professional request. We contacted another customer who had decided not to purchase with us based on the original posters thread, the email was polite and helpful we offered to help the buyer with sizing or any other matters regarding her prospective purchase, whether she bought from us or not we didn’t mind. We were obviously surprised then by this person’s inaccurate account of our communication whereby they chose to dramatise the correspondence they had received which was backed up by them not posting our email in its entirety.

It is regretful that our customer feels that they have been let down we feel that we acted properly and professionally in every way. We will take some of the comments received on board and hopefully we will continue to provide our usual high level of service to the rest of our hundreds of satisfied customers.

Thank You

Just Riding

Quote Originally Posted by JRONE View Post
    I think it’s always important to get a balanced view of a situation, it’s very easy to take one persons word on a subject and jump on the bandwagon it’s the path of least resistance after all. I read comments about companies on the Internet all the time and no one from the company ever comments and so...

I am the owner of Just Riding and I feel its time I had my say on the matters above. The original poster "soloudinhere" created a post that was way out of context for the situation, so much so that when we asked for it to be removed it she agreed and removed it.

We are a family run company who has worked tirelessly to create and promote our families brand, we pay thousands every month to ensure that we rate highly on google searches when someone searches our brand name, it doesn’t seem quite right that an individual can write something very damaging (I won’t repeat it again here) as a title to their post and hit page 2 of google. Particularly when related to a situation that was unintentional and that would normally be forgiven having been rectified and the customer not giving any previous complaint to us directly.

The posters version of events are obviously entirely one sided and the following posts are littered with untruths and speculation about our business. I reviewed every single live chat transcript that was conducted between my business and “soloudinhere” her enquiries were all answered within 1 minute of chat being initiated on the 4th occasion that we were contacted the problem was solved. My operators behaved professionally and helpfully on every occasion. There was a significant problem in the supply chain for this particular parcel, which has not happened before despite us sending several pairs of riding boots to the United States every week. The customers details where mixed with another and so she was given tracking for someone else’s parcel and by all accounts my staff believed that her item had been sent, it’s not that hard a situation to imagine. The customer was polite and happy that her enquiries had been addressed swiftly and effectively we parted professional company feeling that the customer had in the end been satisfied, I’m obviously sorry that that wasn’t the case and I am disappointed that the customer has chosen to work on the assumption that my staff were lying as opposed to a genuine mistake taking place.

When it was discovered that the customer was provided with incorrect tracking we apologised profusely to the customer and assured her that this was an isolated incident and she was immediately provided with the correct data, her item later arrived 8 days later than intended.

When we were alerted to the fact that the customer had posted her view of the transaction on the internet obviously it was important for us to protect our company and so we requested that aspects of her post be removed, we did not threaten we merely asked politely for them to be removed as we felt that they were out of context and the customer kindly agreed. We also did not post an “angry sputtering” or email an angry rant as one other user stated, our previous communication had been one of apologetic tone and ended up as a polite and professional request. We contacted another customer who had decided not to purchase with us based on the original posters thread, the email was polite and helpful we offered to help the buyer with sizing or any other matters regarding her prospective purchase, whether she bought from us or not we didn’t mind. We were obviously surprised then by this person’s inaccurate account of our communication whereby they chose to dramatise the correspondence they had received which was backed up by them not posting our email in its entirety.

It is regretful that our customer feels that they have been let down we feel that we acted properly and professionally in every way. We will take some of the comments received on board and hopefully we will continue to provide our usual high level of service to the rest of our hundreds of satisfied customers.

Thank You

Just Riding

Jrone, care to address the fact that you gave one customer information about another customer? I am not talking about the shipping tracking information "error", I am talking about you giving the OP's name in an email to someone else?

I would guess the truth is somewhere in between your post and the OP's. That still does not make you look spectacular.

ETA - Jrone, if your computer system is lacking in a way that your customer service representatives were able to confuse two orders to that extent for that amount of time, I think it is time for either some new software or updated training for your representatives.

Pretty sure at this point, saying nothing or apologizing would be the best thing for your company. No matter what happened, the customer is always right, and you are making it look like both the original poster and the person who didn't order from you are in the wrong (and dishonest). You had a chance to make it up to the OP with amazing customer service and perhaps then she would have written a thread extolling your company. Instead, you are drawing more and more negative attention to your company.

Google searches are a funny thing and their algorithm is complicated. I'm pretty sure most consumers aren't going to page 2 of results if page 1 is solid, and most consumers will forgive a negative opinion that stands alone. Things most consumers will not forgive is repeated unwanted contact from a merchant, a merchant giving out personal information without permission and a merchant that does not go above and beyond to make the person happy. The more you post on this thread and the more times your company's name appears on this thread, the higher it will be in search results.

If nothing else, I hope your company learns something about customer service. Repeat after me: the customer is always right (even when they're not).

Your best response here would have been:

We at justriding.com strive to make our customers experiences with us positive ones. We deeply regret the at we let this customer down and rest assured, we are taking steps to make sure the errors we made are not made in the future.

Because you are wrong about something. There have been negative reviews of other products and companies on this board in the past. They were addressed by representatives from those companies in the manner in I described and they are no worse for wear.

9 members found this post helpful.

Apologized profusely wouldn't be the case at all. I was thanked for my patience, yes, but never told anyone was sorry.

In fact, the chat rep said "I do show that you have been given a wrong tracking number however your new number is X"

I don't see how my post with factual information including dates can be considered to be grossly untrue.

The fact that my name was given to someone else, a total stranger, with both of us being discussed in the context of an internet forum, is deeply disturbing to me and had absolutely nothing to do with the customer service issues. I would be pissed about that even if my order had gone fine.

Because it seems necessary, I would like to post the emails as they were sent to me, emphasis mine:

"Ms soloudinhere,

It has come to my attention that you have posted a comment on the public forum titled 'BEWARE JustRiding.com' I am incredibly upset that you have taken it upon yourself to write such a harmful post directed at my company and our trademark.

We are a family run business and it has taken us several years and thousands of pounds to build a good reputation for our brand and ensure that we feature high on google rankings, and to find 'BEWARE JustRiding.com' on page 2 of google we are obviously concerned about the damage this has done and will do to our business and trademark. We are one of only 2 online retailers who are officially licensed to sell Animo out of the UK, something which has taken considerable effort and consistent proven high service levels to achieve. We do have access to the largest Parlanti stock sheets in Europe and generally we can have boots from warehouse to dispatch within 3 days, then out to you in the United States and delivered in 8/9. These are the timescales we are given by third parties Parlanti and USPS.

The procurement of your boots clearly didn’t run as expected, you were given a time frame and unfortunately the wrong tracking information. I have looked at all of your live chat transcripts and can see that your enquiries were all answered within 1 minute of contacting my company, I can see that the operator has apologised for the delay and apologised for the wrong tracking being provided. You were very polite and thankful for the swift responses & actions of my team but none of this appears to be mentioned in your extremely one sided post.

Delays occur when ordering from Europe, we do buy in from Italy and dispatch from our offices in the UK & Poland and this year has seen an unprecedented run on Parlanti & Animo from Stateside customers. We are dispatching several pairs a week; it’s unfortunate that happy customers don’t take it upon themselves to post in forums about how delighted they are with their purchases, perhaps then we would have a more balanced view of a business or service.

As I said above there where clearly some issues with the ordering and dispatch of your Parlanti's and we are sorry that you experienced delays as I understand you received them on the 18th and by all accounts are happy with them *I have not viewed this order and have never posted that I am happy with what I have received, nor told them anything of the sort*, particularly as we gave you better price than any other retailer online. Again this is something which you haven’t mentioned in your post.

Due to a senior member of Just Riding posting some references to my company in Chrono of Horse Forums (not with my knowledge or consent) I believe I am now unable to have an account with which I can refute your statement.

This is my first correspondence on this matter; I feel that we may have to discuss this again once I have had a chance to speak to our investors.

Yours Sincerely"

Second email:
    "I have already admitted that there were some issues with supply chain with regards to your order and we apologised for this, you were in contact with our live support who assisted you within 1 minute everytime you contacted my company.

You were told that your boots will arrive up to 18 days after you placed your order they arrived 26 days later, 8 days late. I do not think this warrants a post titled "BEWARE JustRiding.com" Your title is visible globally on page 2 of google when someone google searches my company name. It has taken us years to develop our reputation and brand and I will not have you damaging my brand or trademark in such a manner, bearing in mind that we repesent many premium European brands not just Parlanti. According to your tracking your boots where delivered, you being out of state is not my concern.

I dont believe that your post is in context with the event of your boots being late, I am taking it as an attack on my brand/trademark and I am asking you kindly to remove it. I have contacted Chrono of Horse and stated my position. I am hoping that we can resolve this amicably."

Third email:
    "Well I appreciate your gesture of removing your previous post and title, "to protect yourself" as you put it in your posts on the forum.

I'm afraid I am looking at google search on my brand name page 1 (as attached) and I would say that some damage has probably already been done. This is not a game, the brand and business we have created is our families life and we work tirelessly to ensure our reputation is upheld."

Oh no, please leave it up. One or two angry customers ranting on the internet don't always mean anything. An angry business owner complete with angry emails, angry posts on a BB, and a possible employee pretending they don't work for just riding sneakily advertising mean a lot more.

They are very focused on my boots being late, and that is not the issue, the issue is the complete radio silence once they had my money, making me chase them, and then coming out at me with a fair amount of vitriol when I posted that experience online.

Frankly, I'm very tempted to hit up a few other major horse boards with this but I really don't want the hassle anymore. It certainly wasn't worth the savings I got.

The facts are:
    1. I ordered boots and was promised a date;
    2. I was never informed of any delay;
    3. A wrong tracking number was provided, and never corrected by you, I had to wait to find out they went to Florida and then get in touch with you;
    4. Posting these facts online has led to aggressive emails being sent to me and my personal information being distributed to complete strangers who have no affiliation with me.