The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hey, JustRiding.com: if you are worried about your business' reputation, you should probably stop pile driving it into the ground with your posts here.

I'd have long ago forgotten about this thread and woudn't have been heavily influenced one way or another by one person's bad experience with your company...but now that I've seen your posts here, read your ridiculous e-mails to Soloudinhere, and learned that you gave one customer's name to another...well, yeah, THAT I will remember.

12 members found this post helpful.

OP, when I got married I hired a limo service to make my day easier. It was a horrible experience and the owner of the company did nothing to help resolve the issue when I contacted him about it. I had paid over $600 for shoddy service by a driver who made me 45 minutes late to my wedding.

So, I wrote an accurate review on Yelp. It stated facts only, and I truly hoped that other people wouldn't have the same stressful experience I had. Well, the owner of the company called me and verbally threatened to sue me if I didn't take my "opinions" off their Yelp page. You can bet that after that conversation, I was even LESS motivated to help this guys business get better!!

Terrible service is one thing but treating you poorly, giving away your personal info to a stranger, and being rude to you then coming on here and crying foul is pretty outlandish.

All they needed to do was apologize, humbly admit they screwed up and promise to work hard to remedy it, and ensure it doesn't happen again. Not very difficult, IMO! Much easier than writing a big long rant-y post.

1 members found this post helpful.

Well, I know for sure that I will NEVER be doing business with justriding.com

Those emails are completely out of line.

Justriding.com - here's a little tip for you: "The customer is ALWAYS right!"

6 members found this post helpful.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Well, JustRiding.com has just lost itself a potential customer in me. I am not impressed by the way they seem to have handled this situation, whatever the actual story was. At first, with what's-his-name that was claiming to be a customer in order to advertise the site, I thought "Okay, one person in this company is shady." Now I'm looking at one or two houseguests (salespeople, maybe, in this case, or salesperson) as well as someone claiming to respond in official capacity, and it isn't terribly amusing.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

5 members found this post helpful.

I'd never come across the company before this thread, the OP's experiences wouldn't have particularly put me off the company, but the posts from the company certainly have done!
    I was interested enough to just take a look at the website, just a few pages, and man are they are expensive for some things!

3 members found this post helpful.

Is it just a coincidence that I cant even access their web page right now? And I am offered a cached page only??
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

A new company on my "don't deal with" list. Not because of the OP's post. Because of the company's response!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by wcporter View Post
    Is it just a coincidence that I cant even access their web page right now? And I am offered a cached page only??
    Yeah, me too, what's up with that??
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

lol, you guys make me laugh seriously. I would imagine the business owner would have apologised if she knew something was wrong, as far as they knew the customer was happy until they noticed their company being trashed on google, I say well done for your response!
    The customer obviously removed their original post because it was out of line and companies dont take kindly to being publicly trashed for no reason. If I had a business that I had spent thousands of dollars creating I wouldnt allow anyone to trash talk it, particularly if most of the talk was fabricated for drama's sake. The owner has clearly apologised to the customer in their post but also wont stand for blatant lies being told about their company, I respect that!

As for releasing the other customers surname to another customer, thats not ok but its ok apparently for the customer to plaster their staff members names all over the public forum?? emm... I hate to be the one to point out double standards here?

Come on, the ladies details were mixed with someone elses and her boots were late.. get over it!

and yes I like the company and yes I buy things from those guys and yes they are decent folks! got a problem with that, facebook me!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3para View Post
    lol, you guys make me laugh seriously. I would imagine the business owner would have apologised if she knew something was wrong, as far as they knew the customer was happy until they noticed their company being trashed on google, I say well done for your response!
    The customer obviously removed their original post because it was out of line and companies dont take kindly to being publicly trashed for no reason. If I had a business that I had spent thousands of dollars creating I wouldnt allow anyone to trash talk it, particularly if most of the talk was fabricated for drama's sake. The owner has clearly apologised to the customer in their post but also wont stand for blatant lies being told about their company, I respect that!

As for releasing the other customers surname to another customer, thats not ok but its ok apparently for the customer to plaster their staff members names all over the public forum?? emm... I hate to be the one to point out double standards here?

and yes I like the company and yes I buy things from those guys and yes they are decent folks! got a problem with that, facebook me!!
    Companies trade publicly & employee lists are generally a matter of public record: the release of customer names does NOT fall into this category - not sure why you have such difficulty with what would seem a rather basic concept

Come on, the ladies details were mixed with someone elses and her boots were late.. get over it!
    Did you even read the posts - late shipment/incorrect information is SO not the issue.

Of course, nothing is stopping you from starting your own "rave" thread ...

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by alto View Post
    Companies trade publicly & employee lists are generally a matter of public record: the release of customer names does NOT fall into this category - not sure why you have such difficulty with what would seem a rather basic concept -

Did you even read the posts - late shipment/incorrect information is SO not the issue.
    NO, NO, NO, NO... What on earth are you talking about?? Employee records are public record? lol I'm afraid your completely wrong about that, on the contrary release of employees records to the general public by the company could cost that company dearly. Im actually glad you wrote that, its absolute gold dust, my mum always said if you dont know its best not to say anything at all..

Emm, Why dont YOU read the posts again and you will read that the other party wasnt a customer of the business.

At the end of the day I dont believe this customer has behaved graciously, and I do agree with the company owner sticking up for herself.

Edit: In addition to the above I would like to add as a soldier and former Police Officer you cant browse employee information, you cant even request a name from a company without a warrant.
    Last edited by 3para; Mar. 21, 2013 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Addition

Working their way up to the top of the page 1 Google Search results w/ this train wreck and into the "How NOT to Manage Your Online Presence" case studies!
    Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing

Quote Originally Posted by 3para View Post
    NO, NO, NO, NO... What on earth are you talking about?? Employee records are public record? lol I'm afraid your completely wrong about that, on the contrary release of employees records to the general public by the company could cost that company dearly. Im actually glad you wrote that, its absolute gold dust, my mum always said if you dont know its best not to say anything at all..
    Try reading this page - not only the names of staff but even short bios ...
    I can call any number of companies, choose the correct # option, & wait for the lovely automated directory to list all employee names & numbers ...
    Can't imagine where you do business that companies closely guard their employee names but release customer names to the hoi polloi

Emm, Why dont YOU read the posts again and you will read that the other party wasnt a customer of the business.
    Completely lost on which non-customer you might be invoking here

At the end of the day I dont believe this customer has behaved graciously, and I do agree with the company owner sticking up for herself.
    So you've stated repeatedly - perhaps if you rigorously documented all your exemplary transactions (in that new Happy Customer topic I previously suggested - no need for hapless Googlers to become mired in this one), you'd precipitate a positive review for your favourite company on Page 1 of Google.

Edit: In addition to the above I would like to add as a soldier and former Police Officer you cant browse employee information
    Are you currently a soldier? why are you no longer a Police Officer (I know none of my demned business but you did bring it up ...)

you cant even request a name from a company without a warrant.
    in my former, nameless occupation, I frequently requested employee names (can't recall even once being requested to fax through a warrant) & promptly received them - crazy, compliant idiots, all - according to you, at least.

3para, you may want to note that you live in a different country than the OP, and what may be legal/illegal there may be very different in the US. Unless you are up to speed on US law.... which varies by state, telling the OP that she is wrong and shouldn't say anything makes you look like the one who doesn't know what he's talking about.

A bit odd that you just happened to pop up on the forum as a brand new poster, just to sing the praises of Justriding. Do you work there? Do any of your family or friends work there? What is your association with the company?

Same typos also...
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

I have had enough of this, now.

When you own a business, your name is public record. I did agree to remove the name of the person whose information was not publicly available on the domain registry. Also, I was given permission to post my conversations in their entirety by the person in question, and I have written proof of that.

However, it is completely inappropriate to ever give the name of another customer, to a complete stranger on the Internet. Further, my real name had NOTHING to do with the transaction with the other customer, no bearing on it at all, since she wasn't aware of my name.

What happened was completely inappropriate and so was this response. I will be going to other horse boards with this.

Good job, justriding. Instead of acting maturely, you made yet another houseguest account, accused me of acting illegally, and are still calling me a liar. I think you will find that there is no law in my country against posting factual accounts online. I don't even ahave to put in any work, you are digging the hole all by yourself.

Even if my order had gone fine, giving my name to someone else is a serious issue and I will be posting that you did that, I don't even have the energy to go into the whole story. Then you can't keep repeating that I'm a lying disgruntled customer whose boots were late, because you can't deny that you referred to me by name, multiple times, in emails to a total stranger, and I have the emails from them.

2 members found this post helpful.

Houseguests with their own facebook pages. I love it! I don't do Facebook myself but is there a way to tell when a facebook page was created?! If it was the same day 3para joined COTH (in a quest to defend justriding and nothing else) that'd be a mighty strange coinkydink- no?!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    Houseguests with their own facebook pages. I love it! I don't do Facebook myself but is there a way to tell when a facebook page was created?! If it was the same day 3para joined COTH (in a quest to defend justriding and nothing else) that'd be a mighty strange coinkydink- no?!
    It wasnt made yesterday. But I sure do want to marry a soldier who can buy me animo breeches.

The 2 names given as owners have lived at the same address in the UK, at least in 2011. Unfortuantely "Gregg James" is too common a name but there is at least one in the same town.

I am thinking about calling animo. I am not sure how their service is but I am not convinced I would want to be represented by someone who conducts themselves this way.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by soloudinhere View Post
    Apologized profusely wouldn't be the case at all. I was thanked for my patience, yes, but never told anyone was sorry.

In fact, the chat rep said "I do show that you have been given a wrong tracking number however your new number is X"

I don't see how my post with factual information including dates can be considered to be grossly untrue.

The fact that my name was given to someone else, a total stranger, with both of us being discussed in the context of an internet forum, is deeply disturbing to me and had absolutely nothing to do with the customer service issues. I would be pissed about that even if my order had gone fine.
    I'm sorry but how much of the actual chat transcripts would you like posted on here before people start to realise that all is not what it seems.

Transcript
    Just Riding (14:03:20) Hi, Thanks for contacting us at JustRiding Live Chat we are all experienced equestrian professionals, so your in good hands. How may I help you today?
    ****** (14:03:54) Hi, I placed an order on 19 Feb for a pair of Parlanti Miami boots, I was given a tracking number, that tracking number can't have been right because that order was delivered to Florida, USA and I live in Massachusetts, USA
    (14:04:00) so I need the correct tracking number.
    Just Riding (14:04:18) OK, I am very sorry to hear that. I have your email address above Ill pull up your account and see what may have happened.
    (14:04:25) Please allow me 2 mins.
    ****** (14:04:30) sure
    Just Riding (14:06:04) Ms ******, firstly I would like to apologise for the wait you experienced for your Parlanti boots. Unfortunately no one could have predicted the boom in popularity of these boots for 2013 and we have had to order two more production runs from Italy. I can confirm that your boots were dispatched to:
    (14:06:56) ***** *******, ******* ****** ******* ****, USA under tracking number CP 1*6 *75 *13 PL
    (14:07:12) You should be able to track your items via USPS.
    ****** (14:07:24) okay, yes. thank you.
    Just Riding (14:08:16) It would seem that you were indeed provided with an incorrect tracking number, I can assure you this is the correct one as I have pulled up a scan of the actual postage docket to be sure.
    ****** (14:08:24) okay.
    (14:08:25) thank you.
    Just Riding (14:08:45) Your Welcome, have a great weekend. Many Thanks.
    ****** (14:08:59) have a good afternoon.

You clearly received 2 apologies in this conversation, which absloutely undeniably proves that you are publishing untruths in this forum.We just cant work out why?

Because I had to chase you down to get the number and the info! Why would you not contact me and tell me it was delayed? Seriously. Stop.

I never once got any information from you about my order that I did not have to ask for.

You told me multiple times that my order was either about to ship or had already shipped. Didn't tell me your mistake until I wrote to you to tell you "my" boots had shown up in Florida. Then gave me another tracking number, so you obviously knew the old one had not gone to me but didn't other to tell me.

Your service sucks. And this thread is just proving that to the thousands of people who read this board.

Oh and you gave my name to someone else, something you not only haven't apologized for but have made a whole separate user account to defend and call me a liar.

Also I see NO APOLOGY for giving me the wrong tracking number OR not telling me about it while I tracked it for a week.

I'm done with this post. You've proven yourself to me and anyone reading, so I am over it. Good luck with your business treating customers like this.