The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Cool Dover Customer Service

So I generally wouldn't take the time to post something like this but thought Dover deserved to be recognized for doing something right as opposed to just being recognized for the stuff they're not so amazing with (i.e. outrageous shipping).

In 2011 I bought a pair of Herm Sprenger spurs from Dover for about $40. The other day I noticed (because they felt odd on my boot) that the metal that lies flat against the side of my foot had broken clean across. I was pretty annoyed given the price of the spurs and the fact that I'd done nothing to warrant them breaking. On a whim I sent an email to their customer service department last night and told them the situation. This morning I received an email from a representative who said they're sending me a return label for the broken spurs and a new pair at no charge. I was pretty impressed, especially since it's been almost two years since I purchased them-- while I don't feel spurs should break after such a short period of time I was pretty sure Dover wouldn't feel the same.

So that's it. Just thought I'd share that their customer service was quite nice.
    A Native Floridian no longer lost somewhere in Clovis, New Mexico, but instead wreaking havoc in Reno, NV.
    www.theideaoforder.com
    www.xhaltsalute.com

2 members found this post helpful.

Generally they are great about returns. One year I made several returns on my ariat boots because they kept breaking. I was not riding very much and they kept breaking around six months. They replaced my boots every time.

I also returned a saddle that was older because something was going on with the tree. I just called to ask about the tree warranty since they no longer sell the saddle and they took it back and gave me money towards a new saddle.

See that is the kind of stuff I have always had from Dover, Never a complaint, and great service.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Now if they can just make their shipping costs reasonable, I might order from them again...
    "Winter's a good time to stay in and cuddle,
    but put me in summer and I'll be a... happy snowman!!!"

Trolls be trollin'! -DH

Quote Originally Posted by CatPS View Post
    Now if they can just make their shipping costs reasonable, I might order from them again...
    I have a store 5 mins from work so it works great for me. Smartpak is nice because I get my free shipping day plus tax free!