The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by clanter View Post
    might start with the USDA 2012 Census of Agriculture... says right on the front of the package "Your Response is Require By Law" " Return within 10 days"

I have been put on their hit list for formerly protesting the Animal ID Act
    Excellent point that there are many ways to lose your rights- either lose them by the RaRas giving animals rights and thus removing them from your stewardship... or by wanting horses to remain property and available to the human food chain, and thus be accountable to regulating agencies for where they are and what you use on them in terms of medicinals.
    There are many roads to Rome.

Methinks most of us horseowners/horseman would be somewhere in the middle of wanting to retain ownership, while advocating for humane handling and safe products exported.

By the way, Fairfax, Clanter is the perfect dude for you to ask about me. He's 'known' me on the 'net for many many years. But then he also won't tell you what you want to hear like your other source [that I'm a inexperienced nonhorseman 'troll' and a Peta wannabe], so maybe not.

2 members found this post helpful.

might start with the USDA 2012 Census of Agriculture... says right on the front of the package "Your Response is Require By Law" " Return within 10 days"

Technically, "For Census purposes, a farm is any place from which $1,000 or more of agricultural products, such as horses, were produced and sold, or normally would have been sold, during the year.

Did you report farm related income on your tax return? Then you put yourself on the "hit list."
    Join the Clinton 2016 campaign...Hillary For America. https://www.hillaryclinton.com/

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Technically, "For Census purposes, a farm is any place from which $1,000 or more of agricultural products, such as horses, were produced and sold, or normally would have been sold, during the year.

Did you report farm related income on your tax return? Then you put yourself on the "hit list."
    no, we never have claimed farm status... the state of Texas believes a horse is pet thus cannot/will not issue a state tax number unless we have additional stock such as some cows.

But I did formerly talk with members of Congress regarding the National ID Act and the implications it would have on the equine industry

no, we never have claimed farm status... the state of Texas believes a horse is pet thus cannot/will not issue a state tax number unless we have additional stock such as some cows.

But I did formerly talk with members of Congress regarding the National ID Act and the implications it would have on the equine industry
    Have you bought/sold horses and included the profit or loss on your federal income tax? If not:

"The Census of Agriculture is the responsibility of every farmer and rancher, regardless of the size or type of operation. For Census purposes, a farm is any place from which $1,000 or more of agricultural products were produced and sold, or normally would have been sold, during the Census year. If you do not meet this criterion, please write this information on the front of the survey form and return it in the envelope provided. If you do not respond, we will continue to contact you by mail, phone or in person to obtain a response."

http://www.agcensus.usda.gov/Help/FAQs/General_FAQs/

As for why they conduct the census, according the the Dept. of Ag:

21. Why is the Census of Agriculture important?
    The Census provides the only source of uniform, comprehensive and impartial agricultural data for every county in the nation. Through the Census, producers can show the nation the value and importance of agriculture and they can help influence the decisions that will shape the future of American agriculture for years to come. By responding to the Census, producers are helping themselves, their communities and all of U.S. agriculture
    Join the Clinton 2016 campaign...Hillary For America. https://www.hillaryclinton.com/

What exactly is the animal ID act??

Quote Originally Posted by Capall View Post
    You do know "holland" is not a country right?
    Most Americans know the Netherlands by the name of Holland..and it seemed appropriate also as there is the New Holland horse sale for slaughter horses. Now..quick...what language do they speak in the province called Friesland?

Would that perhaps just be if a person had one horse. I know a breeder of Arabs who had 100 plus and another with around 40..they show and race ..I just called the owner of the 100 PLUS I guess it is closer to 200 anyway...she does not understand your statement the state of Texas considers a horse to be a pet.

I asked her about the state tax number and she stated she did not have one nor was one required for her to conduct her horse breeding and racing business. She does not have any cattle, she does receive all income tax deductions that are legal etc.

Do you have any additional information? Thanks

Sorry to burst your bubble Angela...I don't need to know anything about you. I understand, according to a ladie whose name is Hettie (from Holland...whoops..the Netherlands) that she remembers you posting on a thread regarding the seizure case and going on and on and on. She thought you were European due to your name so she would read your posts...until she discovered they lacked credibility.

I am sure you have many friends. I have around 4900 close Facebook friends so if you are ever lonely I can send you a bunch...

I suspect clanter means the state tax number for sales tax. Same in Kentucky, horses and horse related expenses are not exempt from sales tax, however livestock is. In Kentucky, horses are not considered livestock.

For example, I have a boarder, so I report the income on my federal and state tax forms, but I'm not exempt from sales tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    Most Americans know the Netherlands by the name of Holland..and it seemed appropriate also as there is the New Holland horse sale for slaughter horses. Now..quick...what language do they speak in the province called Friesland?
    West Frisian...

I have friends who live in the Netherlands.

But calling it "Holland" is like saying... "Colorado" when referring to the United States. I think most people here on this board would know of where you speak of when you say "The Netherlands"

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    I am sure you have many friends. I have around 4900 close Facebook friends so if you are ever lonely I can send you a bunch...
    Oh brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Abercrombie View Post
    Oh brother.
    LOL not oh brother.
    Fairfax was fairly adamant in the other thread that he must, must, must know who I am, how many horses I have have, how many I've bred, etc...
    Now he's not interested in the least, since Hetti Schmettie says '____'

So I will take that as his final word and not expect him to ask again anything about who I am or if I am an anti-pet owning, PETA type, vegan.

My mistake for not realizing that having posted information and facts... he would only have a personal attack to resort to.

Quote Originally Posted by Abercrombie View Post
    Oh brother.
    Bloviating is my word for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Freda View Post
    LOL not oh brother.
    Fairfax was fairly adamant in the other thread that he must, must, must know who I am, how many horses I have have, how many I've bred, etc...
    Now he's not interested in the least, since Hetti Schmettie says '____'

So I will take that as his final word and not expect him to ask again anything about who I am or if I am an anti-pet owning, PETA type, vegan.

My mistake for not realizing that having posted information and facts... he would only have a personal attack to resort to.

The knowing your background is a courtesy most of us have provided. I guess when yours is reduced to "an internet friend" and a computer...nor more can be said.

My mistake for not realizing that having posted information and facts... he would only have a personal attack to resort to.[/QUOTE]

You never supplied relevant providence to anything that has been asked of you, although you demand it of others.

You stated over and over...if I (or who ever you were trying to debunk) would provide XYZ..or a source..or prove who they were..YOU would Post your solution as an alternative to slaughter.

That collapsed faster than one can say Jack Russell Terrier

I go with the PETA, anti ownership, declaring horses "pets" vegan type.

I am happy that you have stated your personal providence is an internet friend and a computer.

One should always be thankful for what they have

Quote Originally Posted by Capall View Post
    West Frisian...

I have friends who live in the Netherlands.

But calling it "Holland" is like saying... "Colorado" when referring to the United States. I think most people here on this board would know of where you speak of when you say "The Netherlands"
    I admire your faith in some of the posters. When they still don't understand that slaughter is not happening in U.S.A. and hasn't since 2007 but they print quotes and present them like they are current...well..I am sure you get the point.

As my mother was a unique combination of Hungarian and Frieslander..I have generally been surprised by the number of people of many ages who have no sense of decades nor geography.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Bloviating is my word for the day.
    Yes!
    Annabelle Mayr, Arcadia Farm
    Home of Fitz & Austria
    Now over the Rainbow Bridge: Daeo, Max, Finn, Jake, Seamus & Pleasure