The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hpilot View Post
    This thread is totally "off course". I asked a simple question. It was answered on page one. Never mind......I should have known. Is there any question that can be asked on this BB that doesn't start a war?

Really some bored people out there........why don't you all just "hug" and give it a break? Another train will be along in a day or so.
    are you THAT new?

slaughter
    hoof trims

and what else...oh, right, Rollkur -guaranteed insta wreck, from the time you hit 'send'

and you didn't see this coming?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

1 members found this post helpful.

...Horses are not raised specifically for meat like cattle are. If a cattle man wants to stay in business, he would do right for the food source, although I am sure there are the shady bunch like in any other business.
    Horses go because they are sick, lame and otherwise of no use to someone.
    Chickens, cows, pigs, goats and sheep which are the main animals raised for food here in the US are all dewormed and some are medicated if needed. It might surprise you that many antibiotics used on animals are also the same we humans use. They are just labeled differently and the doses are changed according to the animal it is given to. There are withdrawl times listed on everything so that if you have an animal that is intended for slaughter you can make sure the withdrawl time has passed before doing so.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I don't have an agenda (don't even know what the Cattle Network is) unlike others here seem to have.
    Really?

Here is an article just about this, sorry it is several pages long:

http://www.cattlenetwork.com/cattle-...193907851.html

Animal management is an ongoing learning process.
    As circumstances change, so do what works and doesn't, for many more reasons that is obvious.
    Just think on how many used to manage horses years ago, how they trained and how much more we know today.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    are you THAT new?

slaughter
    hoof trims

and what else...oh, right, Rollkur -guaranteed insta wreck, from the time you hit 'send'

Yeah, that whole "golly gee whiz" OP had chumming written all over it. The morally superior indignation over the ensuing wreck was a nice twist though.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    Having millions of dollars in the coffers does not give these organizations the great powers you keep implying they have. If they did have such great powers, there would be no debate about horse slaughter because they would have already made sure it will never happen again in the U.S. As much as some organizations try to put an end to the carriage horse industry, last I checked, the carriages in most cities are still operating on a regular basis.

PETA is one of the groups you are afraid will have the power to eliminate all uses of animals by humans. Will you please provide evidence they are on their way to making this happen? (Asking this question does NOT make me an animal rights extremist, btw).
    I have the evidence as I worked for them for two years.

They attend school "work days" that their kids are enrolled at and they go in and explain to children that their parents are EVIL and that pet dog or cat has a horrible life as it is controlled by humans.

They go to slaughter plants i.e. Fort MacLeod and they throw fire crackers at the horses to make them bolt and injur themselves..all while trying to get it on film making it look like it was workers.

HSUS has almost 60 million dollars PER YEAR they use for their lobby groups. They employ approximately 50 lawyers..give five in either direction. One of their lawyers is on the agricultural advisory board to the Presidient. Waynes wife runs the Hollywood L.A. branch and they spend MILLIONS on their "movie star" clients..especially the young kids who appeal to a younger audience.

Stopping ownership has not been achieved due to the lack of money tossed at it by HSUS (not so much PETA as they are very busy in Europe with ALF and other groups.) but it has been stopped because horse owners FINALLY woke up..and they realized they almost missed the bus. The dog show crowd discovered a long long time ago how these groups operate...

So Jenn..care to share with us YOUR solution to the evil slaughter?

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Abercrombie View Post
    Really?
    Aber...I know you must have a solution all figured out..that can provide for 100,000 horses in the next 12 months. Believe it or not...if ANYONE has a solution that is workable I will support it.

I wasn't blaming you or anyone in particular, Bluey. I learned something I didn't know and much more.

are you THAT new?

slaughter
    hoof trims

and what else...oh, right, Rollkur -guaranteed insta wreck, from the time you hit

'send'

Nope....I thought it was just a simple question. Really had nothing to do with Russia, EU, pro or anti- slaughter, animal rights activists, just a pretty neutral question.

In fact if I had actually read the other threads on Slaughter, guess I wouldn't have needed to ask this one.

The whole question came up because I had someone tell me that a race track trainer was sending horses to rescues that were not adoptable and she knew it. So I looked up the trainer and saw where she had sent several right from the track to slaughter via a known kill buyer. So I thought about all the drugs that may have been in these horses. Pretty innocent, I thought, but guess not.......
    Normally, I don't read the slaughter threads. I have my beliefs and don't see any need to debate them......

Nope....I thought it was just a simple question. Really had nothing to do with Russia, EU, pro or anti- slaughter, animal rights activists, just a pretty neutral question.

In fact if I had actually read the other threads on Slaughter, guess I wouldn't have needed to ask this one.

The whole question came up because I had someone tell me that a race track trainer was sending horses to rescues that were not adoptable and she knew it. So I looked up the trainer and saw where she had sent several right from the track to slaughter via a known kill buyer. So I thought about all the drugs that may have been in these horses. Pretty innocent, I thought, but guess not.......
    Normally, I don't read the slaughter threads. I have my beliefs and don't see any need to debate them......
    Innocent?

Ok, I shall give you the benefit of the doubt. But with 2 or 3 other thread going on at the same time....you know....

Truth is, some horses are worth what you can get for the hide.
    same as with some people (but you don't get to cash in on those)

Medications? As stated before, there is more than one outlet for a horse. Human consumption isn't but one of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Yeah, that whole "golly gee whiz" OP had chumming written all over it. The morally superior indignation over the ensuing wreck was a nice twist though.
    Glad I made your day.........

yup, morally superior me chumming up to Coth to make what point?????

Innocent?

Ok, I shall give you the benefit of the doubt. But with 2 or 3 other thread going on at the same time....you know....

Truth is, some horses are worth what you can get for the hide.
    same as with some people (but you don't get to cash in on those)

Medications? As stated before, there is more than one outlet for a horse. Human consumption isn't but one of it.

AS i said......I didn't read them until after I wrote this and then only a few threads and saw the drug issue was brought up.

Really?
    That is a cattle magazine, just like COTH is a horse magazine, no "agenda" behind that any more than it is behind COTH.

There really is no "cattle agenda", because the industry is as divided by what kind of cattle you handle, just as there is no "horse agenda", some are for dressage, jumping eventing, racing, big lick, rodeo events, ranch work, carriage driving, other driving, all sorts of things we do with horses.

With animal rights groups, there is just one focus, eliminate all use of animals, eventually, "free" animals from human "slavery".
    They have the mega millions and organization those provide them to try to do just that.

AS i said......I didn't read them until after I wrote this and then only a few threads and saw the drug issue was brought up.
    It takes all kinds of threads, with all kinds of questions, to answer all that is brought forth, yours included.

Just don't be surprised that there is so much more to the simplest question than we at times realize.
    Easy to understand when you think how many people from so many backgrounds we have here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    I have the evidence as I worked for them for two years.

They attend school "work days" that their kids are enrolled at and they go in and explain to children that their parents are EVIL and that pet dog or cat has a horrible life as it is controlled by humans.

They go to slaughter plants i.e. Fort MacLeod and they throw fire crackers at the horses to make them bolt and injur themselves..all while trying to get it on film making it look like it was workers.
    That is NOT evidence.
    Evidence would be saying 'I worked there for 2 years and here are the papers and photos and____ documenting what I saw'

Seriously, have you been on the internet long? Anyone can say ANYTHING, and no, it's not true that 'you can't put anything on the internet that isn't true'.

For all we know you're a 12 year old boy in Cleveland who's never pet a horse let alone slaughtered one.

How about sharing your solution to the drugs in the meat that the consumers do not want in there? That the government agencies ban from it?

Passports for US horses coming soon? How's that going to go over?

It takes all kinds of threads, with all kinds of questions, to answer all that is brought forth, yours included.

Just don't be surprised that there is so much more to the simplest question than we at times realize.
    Easy to understand when you think how many people from so many backgrounds we have here.
    Guess I won't ask simple questions anymore. I sure hope none of you teach or give lessons or otherwise educate people.

Guess I won't ask simple questions anymore. I sure hope none of you teach or give lessons or otherwise educate people.
    HPilot ignore them.
    The best way to learn is to ask questions and there are no dumb ones.
    The way these 'guys' respond to you [and everyone else who doesn't agree with them] says way more about them than it does about you.

Now, now, ease that up, no need to start insulting others here, really.

There are all kinds here, some do teach, some are better at sounding "nice" than others, all have something to say, not all sensible, that is true.

When it comes to horses, remember, two horse people, three or more opinions, that is what makes this so interesting, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Freda View Post
    That is NOT evidence.
    Evidence would be saying 'I worked there for 2 years and here are the papers and photos and____ documenting what I saw'

Seriously, have you been on the internet long? Anyone can say ANYTHING, and no, it's not true that 'you can't put anything on the internet that isn't true'.

For all we know you're a 12 year old boy in Cleveland who's never pet a horse let alone slaughtered one.

How about sharing your solution to the drugs in the meat that the consumers do not want in there? That the government agencies ban from it?

Passports for US horses coming soon? How's that going to go over?
    That evidence was given to my employers...Canadian Rodeo Association and Calgary Exhibition and Stampede. I have, at least, done something regarding Rara groups and also have volunteered at the slaughter plant. What have you done other than post on European forums and refuse to give solutions you claimed you had...and would share// if only.........

Angela..since you do not have ANY solutions...why would you care about a passport or lack thereof.

If all slaughtered is banned and all horses have to be relocated to a urban front lawn I am sure you will find something wrong with that also.

How about YOU share a solution.

Why do you care about drugs in meat. You don't eat horse meat.
    Why do you care about any government agencies..You don't eat horse meat

BUT WE ALL REMEMBER..Proud as a peacock you were...yahoo...along with the Canadian Coalition..SLAUGHTER IS DEAD/...WE HAVE PROOF...A truck drive we all know but won't give you his name told us Canada is no longer going to take horses. Mexico has been closed down and so has Canada

Remember YOUR posts Angela???? You claimed it was due to drugs in the meat. One of your buddies claimed she phoned the EU and they told her...NO MORE HORSES..

YOU WERE WRONG....it was (to refresh your memory) only a French vet who temporarily closed ONE Mexican plant due to a label dispute.

Remember how I said I spoke with the politician who confirmed it was NOT the end of slaughter and you, Aber and a few others...Laura etc all said...was that before or after I called the President hahahaha...

BOTTOM LINE...You were wrong...and you still have no solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Freda View Post
    HPilot ignore them.
    The best way to learn is to ask questions and there are no dumb ones.
    The way these 'guys' respond to you [and everyone else who doesn't agree with them] says way more about them than it does about you.
    Don't count on Angela to give solutions. She demands proof...answers ... and yet..provides outdated material to support her opinions..usually the info is 10 years OR MORE in age.. from what I have been told about her European posting..it is very indicative of her Animal Rights status.

Ask her...she has no solutions.

Hpilot...re-read Bluey's response. She was saying..nothing wrong with your posts...many different doors to go through while learning...Angela..of course...wants everyone to shut up. We expose her agenda

Animal Rights and she has no solutions.