The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default TB prospect

After a long search of coming up with nothing, I think I have found something that is possibly prospective. (try saying that ten times fast!).

Chestnut TB mare, 2005.

Pedigree: http://www.pedigreequery.com/bubbly+bubbles

Photo: (not the best photo ever, mainly because it isn't on solid ground) https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...46065958_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...35899594_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...37799292_n.jpg

She's close enough and in my price range. At this point, I'm just hoping she has a good mind on her too! She doesn't have much jump training on her, but that's okay. If I do go out to see her, I'll definitely make sure we free jump her.
    "One reason why horses are happy is because they are not trying to impress other horses."
    "Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction"

Where are you located? She looks pretty long in the back and upright in the hind pasterns from these pics---I'm not sure she's the best prospect for eventing. But maybe it's the pictures.

I'm around the Twin Cities in MN.
    "One reason why horses are happy is because they are not trying to impress other horses."
    "Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction"

Those pics are hard to get much from, but I see a lot to like.

What are your goals? I don't see anything that would inhibit her from being a very good prospect for Novice or Training.
    If you believe everything you read, better not read. -- Japanese Proverb

Go take a look -- not good photos, but the second one (inside) looked pretty interesting. Nice pedigree and she looks like she has a nice disposition. Good luck!
    PennyG

I'm only looking for a horse to go up to Training at the most.

She looks awfully cute to me. But I agree with the poster who said she seems awfully upright.

^^ However, if you're only looking for a low-level prospect, it might not be a big issue. I say go try her and see how she looks/moves in person.

Cute. I like her. Her pedigree says she should jump and be a decent mover. Its very nice. I didn't think she looked long....but you really can't tell much from those photos. Besides, her mind is most important. I certainly would go take a look at her in person.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Quote Originally Posted by bornfreenowexpensive View Post
    Cute. I like her. Her pedigree says she should jump and be a decent mover. Its very nice. I didn't think she looked long....but you really can't tell much from those photos. Besides, her mind is most important. I certainly would go take a look at her in person.
    This.

1 members found this post helpful.

I would for sure want to see her move, since the first photo makes her hind end look not so excellent. She's been off the track since 2008. Cute face markings!

Her name amuses me. Even more if she's totally chill. She's cute though. Look at her. Since she's not stood up well in the photos, you can't tell anything conclusively.

I know we aren't supposed to post wanted ads here, but if anyone around the MN area has or knows of someone selling a TB or a TB cross around 4-9 yrs old for eventing, LMK. My budget is around $4000.

There is a nice-jumping Training horse for lease in your area. I think he may have done Prelim, also, but is now running lower because he is middle-aged. Owned by a very nice woman. Might be a great way to go for a year if you're having difficulty finding a project horse?

Quote Originally Posted by visorvet View Post
    There is a nice-jumping Training horse for lease in your area. I think he may have done Prelim, also, but is now running lower because he is middle-aged. Owned by a very nice woman. Might be a great way to go for a year if you're having difficulty finding a project horse?
    Yes I did see him. I'm not really interested in leasing however, and he's a bit older than what I'm looking for in buying. Otherwise he looks like a great horse.

Go get her!...Or at least look at her. I think she might be worth it. I honestly don't see anything I would consider outside of average conformation-wise. In fact, she looks like she may have a decent front end on her, but there's only one way to find out! She does look like a complete sweetheart, which makes it all the better.

Good luck!
    "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride."

She is a nice looking horse with nice pedigree worth a look. I would check her out in person. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalila View Post
    Yes I did see him. I'm not really interested in leasing however, and he's a bit older than what I'm looking for in buying. Otherwise he looks like a great horse.
    Totally understand. The one you linked to looks nice and seems bomb-proof with a sense of humor. The Georgia mare also looks really nice, and is less expensive. If you don't need over 16 hands you might want to check her out also.

Well, it didn't pan out with this mare. On with my search then!

Aw shucks. That's unfortunate. Good luck out there!!
    "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride."

Sorry..