The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That is one issue I really have because it is a legal bit with the FEI for dressage...

Quote Originally Posted by bluesegolene View Post
    Just got an email from Dressage Canada, the verbindend is not legal this year. They will accept it if it is on the FEI list . It is not yet.
    I competed in it last year and it is sold in some Canadian tack shops as dressage legal, which is quite misleading! Guess I now have to invest in a new snaffle
    It is ALWAYS up to the competitor to ensure with their Federation that equipment is legal.

I would never ever count on what a tack store says. I would not count on what anyone in this forum says. Go straight to the Federation.

(Nothing against anyone here but...)

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaM View Post
    That is one issue I really have because it is a legal bit with the FEI for dressage...
    Per Dressage Canada, it is not on the FEI list yet. I could not figure out where to find this list so I have not checked myself

And I should have said that I competed in schooling shows so I have never had a steward check it. Would have been a bad surprise!

The Rules do allow for curved bit but the Verbindend is just a bit too curved

Bumping this thread back up, because I just saw this blurb about Neue Schule bits on Dressage Daily. Bear in mind, articles like this are paid advertising, but it may provide some useful info for those of you wondering about the bits.

http://www.dressagedaily.com/article...eating-stir-us

My horse hates this bit It is the only bit I've ever had on him (in over 10 years) where he creates zero "foam" I'm not sure if it's the design or the metal. He much prefers my cheapo Korsteel.