The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I heard back from Pantheon Arabians (10 minutes from my house) a few minutes ago and will be going out to talk to them about boarding tomorrow unless something comes up. If the place looks good and everything works out, he will have his own pasture with owners on site and we will get him his own seeing eye pony to love and follow It sounds very promising and the people seem very willing to accommodate the old boy's needs. Fingers crossed it goes well tomorrow!!

Aaah - his own seeing eye pony - that's cute. A nice mild little thing will be perfect.
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot's View Post
    What is it about COTH that attracts all these relatively new posters who are so negative. Dear old Pete falls into good hands who want to take care of him and someone chimes in to say euthanize...and then get over it. Honestly...
    can't help myself, it bugs me so much.
    While I can't fathom what compels somebody who sees a post like OP's to take the time out of his or her life to post something ugly; I TRY to see posts like that as very important messages/tests sent to wake us up and make us think about what kind of person we aspire to be (and NOT to be). Then, I just thank the good lord that I do not have to deal with that kind of ugliness in my own friends or family -- and I send up a little prayer for the poor family, friends, and co-workers that DO have to deal with somebody that devoid of compassion and empathy.

All of that comes after my gut reaction which is: OMG! WTF is wrong w/ you that you would post that?!?!
    Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing

OP - I am keeping you and Pete in my thoughts and prayers. And, I want to applaud you for making room in your life, heart, and budget for a special needs guy like Pete.
    Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing