The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default This is for the CotH 1 Percenters

Luxury homes for sale with horses as home decor. Do let us know if you purchase one after you get back from Wellington and the Florida winter circuit.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ryan-n...b_2783815.html
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

1 members found this post helpful.

Wow, I love that weather vane display.

The zebra and spiral stair case is best..... much better than what I had in mind.

I have talked about getting Beloved Gelding stuffed, put on wheels like a Victorian toy, and added to the living room. I could move him for vacuuming, but where does the stuffed dead horse go? Behind the sofa? He can't block the flat screen.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

2 members found this post helpful.

OMG, they didn't tell me they were going to use the photos of my house online! BAHAHAHAHHAHA!

Yeah, why wouldn't I want....a dead, skinned equine at the bottom of my staircase to stand on? *scratches head*

The one from San Francisco is awful... why would you want a b/w print of a horse in founder stance?
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Only one of those houses has room for REAL horses outside. I suppose if you wanted to live among very expensive things all locked up inside, and be afraid to relax, those would do it for you. Not for me!

With our old fellow, Andy, if we had left the back door open long enough, he would have gladly added himself to the decor. As well as possible souvenirs of his visit.

I miss that old guy. We got him from a folding rescue as a 30 year old with melanoma. We managed to give him an easy retirement before his cancer finally caught up with him this past fall. He was given the priviledged title of Backyard Horse at regular intervals to give him extra attention.

I'll add a funny picture once PB is back online.

Leave it to the Fluffington Compost to think hanging a picture of a horse in a room makes the place "horse themed".

That zebra skin at the bottom of the circular stairway is just weird!
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

I have the photos (lots of 'em) but who knows where to go and get them blown up? Mine would look just as nice and more meaningful.
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

"The zebra is technically a close relative of the horse, but they are clumsier than horses when it comes to descending stairs. Consequences can be tragic."

I thought the zebra splatted out was hilarious. I don't know why, just tickled my funny bone.

As for the other pics, other than that horse standing there, I don't understand the hang a horse picture in a room makes it special. Looks like they were in some shop and needed something to fill a space, and looky here, here's a picture of a horse.

Actually, I've had several horses in the house over the years. Just a week or so ago, my Sammy tried to access my deck...which leads into the house. Would have been a tight squeeze, his 1200 lbs, 16h of him in my small living room... But, by cracky, he was giving the ramp to the deck a try!!

Aaannnnddd another thing, not one of those places looked homey and inviting. Might as well head to La Quinta for all the warmth there....
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

And one more thing after that!:

A huge life-sized portrait of a horse stood up that is not yours, or one you know personally is tacky.

Posers.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Frank B View Post
    Leave it to the Fluffington Compost to think hanging a picture of a horse in a room makes the place "horse themed".

That zebra skin at the bottom of the circular stairway is just weird!
    Fluffington Compost....LOL

That is good - tht is good - Fluffington ComPost.

Horse themes is dogs, saddles, bridles, pictures, magazines, boots and mud.
    Ribbons modestly displayed in the tack room or laundry room, coolers with big wins on, folded....not displayed on beds or couches.
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

I admit the one with the zebra struck me as funny. Other than that; I agree with MVP. POSERS. LOL. Where's the mud that goes with horse decor??
    I did like the weather vanes.

#2 is a bit disconcerting. It made me thing of the cut charts you see in butcher shops.
    "Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care." ~Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by JGHIRETIRE View Post
    I admit the one with the zebra struck me as funny. Other than that; I agree with MVP. POSERS. LOL. Where's the mud that goes with horse decor??
    I did like the weather vanes.
    Or the hair? It's spring after all and anything around here that wasn't clipped out is shedding out.

The zebra is reminisce of an old cartoon - like when a piano or a safe is dropped on some poor unfortunate someone.