The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Back on Track Human products (back brace)

Has anyone used the back on track products for humans - specifically the back brace?

Feedback? Better than a regular brace?

Thanks!
    It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.

It's not really a brace in terms of support in my opinion. I have one and like it as it keeps the back on track material where my pain is but at least on me it rides up a lot. I think I would be better off with the tshirt of something like that.

I have a professional choice back brace that I have been using for years. I have recently started using it during stall cleaning. I find it really helps a lot in terms of keeping me from aggravating sore muscles even when my muscles are already screaming In Pain. Works great for riding and after riding as well.
    You can still purchase one from professional choice.

I don't know about the back brace but I use their calf brace due to muscle damage from a car accident. The compression keeps the swelling down but it also does seem to work quite a bit better than an ace bandage in terms of reducing muscle pain..

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaR View Post
    I don't know about the back brace but I use their calf brace due to muscle damage from a car accident. The compression keeps the swelling down but it also does seem to work quite a bit better than an ace bandage in terms of reducing muscle pain..
    Yeah, those type are much better than the back brace in terms of providing compression. It is more like the neck brace in that it just lays over the effective area.

I like my BOT back and knee brace, but I use to more as therapy after a run. My knee brace provides minimal support if I really need it, but I don't really exercise in either.
    Only two emotions belong in the saddle: One is a sense of humor. The other is patience.

Also others have said, it is more useful as a pain mgmt tool than an actual brace. It fits large btw, I bought a size smaller than I normally wear.

I also have the elbow brace for my occasional tennis elbow flare ups and I quite like it.
    I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

I have a pretty good support brace that I got through my physical therapist- do you find the BOT back brace makes a difference as far as pain relief? I find that I'm in the most pain sitting (in my office chair all day, in the car, etc) so wondering if it would help with that. Thanks!
    It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.

There is a new BOT back brace that provides a little more support than the old one did.

I've used both of the braces and I would not say they are a miracle cure, but they are helpful therapeutic aids. I have two severely herniated discs and I wear a light back brace when I'm doing something that might throw things out of whack. I also sometimes wear one when I'm sore/achey.
    Sarah K. Andrew | Twitter | Blog | Horses & Hope calendar | Flickr | Website

I have the scarf and it is AMAZING. I have been using it since my brain/laminectomy/craniotomy surgery and it makes a HUGE difference in my pain/stiffness and mobility.

I have lower back pain now and was thinking about this, do they have "soft" wrist supports? Cant ride in the rigid drugstore ones
    Beyond the Ring-para dressage, training, coaching
    www.facebook.com/btrparadressage

Proud Team Four Star Minion! Renegade for Life!