The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Duramax View Post
    Most recent Doer catalog has Dansko paddock boots- not sure if they're comparable to the old ones but may be worth a look!
    I see the "Dansko Vail Boot" in the most recent Dover catalog I have, which looks like a pedestrian paddock-type boot, not really meant for serious riding.

They used to have several lace ups, several zips and a few pull on options, IIRC. I think Ariat bought out their equestrian division, which was certainly a sad day for me

Quote Originally Posted by LittleblackMorgan View Post
    J-Lu, I cannot find them at that price on either site??
    I found it! In the 2012/2013 Smartpack catalog the Ariat Heritage III Paddock Boot. 16993 - Zip paddock boot, 18510 Lace Paddock Boot. Each are $99.95. Free shipping on orders over $75. However, they seem to have "elastic twin gore" on the sides - most of the Ariats seem to have this. Hmmmmm, I wish they were all leather through the top.
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

Quote Originally Posted by J-Lu View Post
    I found it! In the 2012/2013 Smartpack catalog the Ariat Heritage III Paddock Boot. 16993 - Zip paddock boot, 18510 Lace Paddock Boot. Each are $99.95. Free shipping on orders over $75. However, they seem to have "elastic twin gore" on the sides - most of the Ariats seem to have this. Hmmmmm, I wish they were all leather through the top.
    I just replaced my Ariat Heritage RT lace paddock boots this weekend. They split in the exact same spot after wearing them for about 5 or 6 days a week for the past three years. I found them for $99 at Victory Canter online, then drove to Dover and showed them the ad on my phone and they matched the price. I think 3 years is a decent amount of time to expect a hundred dollar pair of boots to last. I did not take very good care of them either.

If you want a really wide toe box, look at the Blundstones. I am not sure how the new ones hold up, but I am going on 4 years on my boots with perhaps twice a year cleaning and close to daily wear.
    Member-Arab Dressage Riders Clique
    RIP Barichello