The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Help! Whats the difference!?

https://www.ogilvyequestrian.com/details.php?id=12

vs.

https://www.ogilvyequestrian.com/details.php?id=29

who has experiences with either?

I just need one to perfect my saddle's fit (It fits, its just not custom as I ride many horses)

How does it compare to the equifit half pad?

Thanks!

"The new Gummy half pad features all the characteristics of our famous Ogilvy Memory Foam Half Pad providing the same look, comfort and protection but with a thinner and denser memory foam."

No personal experience but sounds like its thinner, and that the pads aren't removable.
    Currently blogging for Chronicle of the Horse. Articles can be found here: http://www.chronofhorse.com/category...ryan-lefkowitz

Send them an email. The owner is the NICEST guy ever (it's actually a couple but I've only met Jack) and they respond so quickly. If you're in the US and don't want them to call, just request they reply in an email. Seriously, just email them. They're so nice and helpful.

The gummy is thinner than the original! It would depend on how your saddle fit to decide between the two. I have the original and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordWentworth View Post
    The gummy is thinner than the original! It would depend on how your saddle fit to decide between the two. I have the original and I love it.
    Thank you That's the help I wanted!

The gummy is thinner and the pads can't be removed which is a problem when you have to clean the cover! I have the regular one and I love it. Taking the pads out to clean the cover is so easy and after months of hard use it still looks almost new! I love it and so will your horse

Just wanted to say I 110% support this company. I had a small issue with my original halfpad (the logo leaked a little onto the cover and stained it) and I asked them to replace the cover for me. They not only replaced the cover, but the pannels as well, and shipped to me for free. Asked if I wanted free embroidery etc and asked me about custom colours. Great company and although I just use the pads for schooling, they are wonderful since I have 3 horses and 1 saddle.

1 members found this post helpful.

I have the original. Am using it on the new OTTB my kids are leasing that has back soreness. Tried it, one week later the DVM that does my Chiro/Accupuncture said his back under the saddle area felt "much, much better."
    Me&MyBigGirl
    My Blog: A Work In Progress

1 members found this post helpful.