The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Having not read the rules recently - does the rule book include a definition of what freshness is?

To me it can mean anything from a mild head shake to full blown bucking fit. I am not sure how one can write a rule that does not make bucking after the jump a fault without clearly defining what they mean by not considering freshness as a fault.

Where they've got all Hell for a basement

Quote Originally Posted by nutmeg View Post
    I find it very sad that two posters like Claudius and goodlife wind up divided by the actions of the magnesium junkies. In a fair world you would be the best of friends sharing the journey toward the perfect hunter round on a level playing field. I am 100% behind the good fight that Claudius is battling and I thought her struggles last year to drink the Koolaid were epic, and I am so glad she did not. And I do believe that goodlife is the model for clean sport in hunterland. I hope you guys can stick together to figure out the answer. (Drones?)
    P.S. Does anyone else but me find the pop-up ad for Perfect Prep, the "Industry Standard," rather ironic?
    I do think that in essence, Claudius and I are on the same page. I know that drugging exists and that there are flaws in the system. I guess I'm mostly just trying to play devil's advocate. I agree that we need to be aware of what's going on behind the scenes in our sport and we should not stand idle, but as with anything, you have to look at it from every angle and see the pros and cons of your approach to remedying the situation. It's always a good thing when these discussions happen.

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    Having not read the rules recently - does the rule book include a definition of what freshness is?

To me it can mean anything from a mild head shake to full blown bucking fit. I am not sure how one can write a rule that does not make bucking after the jump a fault without clearly defining what they mean by not considering freshness as a fault.
    Bucking would fall under manners and is still B-A-D.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

1 members found this post helpful.