The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Django Unchained- Yes, HR!

http://www.horseandcountry.tv/news/2...ango-unchained

Apparently Jamie Foxx's horse in the movie is actually his horse. He's a cute little thing!
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

1 members found this post helpful.

Very cool!

P.

Did anyone else find themselves analysing the conformation and gait of the horses during that movie? I couldn't help myself, some of them were so lovely and well put together!

I don't normally respect very many actors, but I like that this actor has owned his horse for about 10 times as long as most celebrity marriages last, LOL!

If you're good to animals, that does say something about who you are as a person. Go Jamie Foxx!

8 members found this post helpful.

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

“On the outside, I looked like Django, but on the inside I was Little Richard. 'Oh lord, Jesus! Jesus, stop this horse! Jesus, stop this horse!'"

Thanks for posting this.
    I've always enjoyed Jamie Foxx in films, this adds a dimension to him as a person. Make that horseperson
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

I thought it was funny when they were camping out in the desert for whatever reason, not a scrap of hay or grass anywhere... lol Hmmm, what were they feeding??

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Did anyone else find themselves analysing the conformation and gait of the horses during that movie? I couldn't help myself, some of them were so lovely and well put together!
    Isn't that what you're supposed to do when you watch movies with horses in them? That, or cringe a lot of the time.

I haven't seen this movie, but from that article, cudos to Jamie Foxx! Doesn't look like a bad rider from the picture either, at least for a Hollywood actor.
    "Radar, the man's ex-cavalry: if he sees four flies having a meeting, he knows they're talking about a horse!" Cptn. BJ Hunnicutt, M*A*S*H Season 4, Episode "Dear Mildred"

Quote Originally Posted by microbovine View Post
    If you're good to animals, that does say something about who you are as a person. Go Jamie Foxx!
    He's racist and doesn't like whites...but he likes his horse...one doesn't excuse the other.
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Trakehner View Post
    He's racist and doesn't like whites...but he likes his horse...one doesn't excuse the other.
    Uh...what?
    "A horse gallops with his lungs, perseveres with his heart, and wins with his character." - Tesio

Quote Originally Posted by Trakehner View Post
    What makes you say that? Is there some sort of proof? If this comes from clever editing via Fox News, I ain't buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsFarm View Post
    “On the outside, I looked like Django, but on the inside I was Little Richard. 'Oh lord, Jesus! Jesus, stop this horse! Jesus, stop this horse!'"
    That was a great scene!

I liked the scene when everyone was discussing the white hoods, the horse that Don Johnson was on was falling asleep.
    Jamie riding his horse top speed bareback was cool too. The movie was over the top gory but the horses were nice.

I probably won't see it if it's gory. It grates on my nerves. I hate it when Hollywood movies seem to wallow in gore. If they had seen what I saw during the war in real life, maybe they wouldn't think fake gore was so cool. Too many movies would be much better without that extra shot that makes me marvel at how sheltered these Hollywood types really are.

Very cool- thanks for sharing I went and saw it in the theaters and loved it- I'm a big Quentin Tarantino fan. Definitely gory, but stylized gory.
    “While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.” Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Airfern View Post
    The movie was over the top gory but the horses were nice.
    Then I suggest not watching any other of Tarantino's movies...the gore is half the point.
    Well isn't this dandy?