The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Quarter Horse Pedigree ...

Hi all. I'm wondering if anyone would be willing / able to tell me something about this Quarter Horse filly's pedigree. I don't have any in-depth knowledge of Quarter Horse bloodlines other than what I've read online and in various pedigree books. Thanks!

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/inde...mall_font=1&l=

I'm far from an expert on this, but with Smart Chic Olena and Two Eyed Jack lines it looks like you have a performance bred horse. Love me a good QH
    As Peter, Paul, and Mary say, a dragon lives forever.

Kind of a mix. Cutting/ranch on the top, some halter/pleasure/ranch on the bottom...good names a few generations back.

Honestly you would be better off going to a more QH- knowledgeable board to find out more about this pedigree, this one is not focused on stock horses so anything we say will have limited usefulness and accuracy.

maybe the western board here on COTH?
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

Thanks all. I wasn't sure if I should post on the Western board (thought she's a Quarter Horse) , since the filly's mother was a dressage pony who only produced dressage, hunters, and driving ponies.

Nothing in her pedigree screams "bred for dressage." I'm all for this kind of horse -- I have 2 myself and adore them beyond words -- but I don't think I'd say she's dressage-bred or even that I'd use her with an aim to make dressage babies.

I have had very good experiences purchasing offspring of foundation-types to TBs and getting sound, good-minded, athletic horses that are still registrable (I don't breed myself). If you are set on breeding her, that's the direction I would probably go.

I did find a pic of one of her offspring ( http://www.shiningchorses.com/aqhabroodmares.htm, about halfway down, Nifty Jo Jackie). She appears owned by a foundation QH color breeder. Cute mare but not a dressage/hunter type so I'd be sure I was happy with getting one of those if you breed her mom.