The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Lamb Chop View Post
    From that photo, he looks really upright in the rear end.
    Now there's an understatement! He's super cute, otherwise, but I don't think he'd have much to offer past the lowest levels. Is he a draft cross?
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz 57 View Post
    Now there's an understatement! He's super cute, otherwise, but I don't think he'd have much to offer past the lowest levels. Is he a draft cross?
    no he's a registered Thoroughbred
    Eventers of the West
    A Facebook group I created for Eventers in the West Region of the U.S.
    Remy - My OTTB Gelding! Love him to pieces!

Quote Originally Posted by KateMcCall View Post
    I'm wondering if maybe they would consider doing a lease. If he could stay sound and could jump around a little he would be fine. I just need a horse to get me back into riding again.
    Then find one already doing just what you want to do (or an older horse stepping down)

no he's a registered Thoroughbred
    Interesting. I'd be curious to know his bloodlines. Did he race?

That stifle/gaskin angle really bothers me, especially in conjunction with super short, upright pasterns and straight hocks.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz 57 View Post
    Interesting. I'd be curious to know his bloodlines. Did he race?

That stifle/gaskin angle really bothers me, especially in conjunction with super short, upright pasterns and straight hocks.
    I'm trying to find out more info on him, but my farrier is extremely hard to get in contact with and supposedly he is trying to contact the owner.

in response to alto, I am having trouble finding the right horse because I have an extremely limited price range.
    Eventers of the West

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...rch=&ad_cid=12

I found that mare and she is pretty much perfect! The only flaw is that she is allergic to leather and wool. I know they make synthetic bridles and I already a wintec dressage and jump saddle... would it be worth it? I wonder how much maintenance it would be...
    Eventers of the West

What can you tell me about this pedigree? Going to look at this guy hopefully. I realize you guys don't seem to like Storm Cat but he is described as a bombproof, kid friendly horse
    http://www.pedigreequery.com/turning+tiger
    Eventers of the West

What can you tell me about this pedigree? Going to look at this guy hopefully. I realize you guys don't seem to like Storm Cat but he is described as a bombproof, kid friendly horse
    http://www.pedigreequery.com/turning+tiger
    LOVELY on the bottom. You don't often see Sea-Bird. In Excess sire line is very nice. Most of the top side isn't my cup of tea, but the Buckpasser and Double Jay there certainly nice.

I know we've talked a few times about various CANTER Colorado horses, but just a reminder that horses are going to start coming back to Colorado for racing soon, and our listings are going to pick up. We had a few last year that were QUIET QUIET QUIET and went on to be lesson horses or trail horses with no downtime or retraining--not sure if you're looking for something *quite* that easy, but we do get the full gamut at Arapahoe. Just something to keep in mind

Quote Originally Posted by Simkie View Post
    LOVELY on the bottom. You don't often see Sea-Bird. In Excess sire line is very nice. Most of the top side isn't my cup of tea, but the Buckpasser and Double Jay there certainly nice.

I know we've talked a few times about various CANTER Colorado horses, but just a reminder that horses are going to start coming back to Colorado for racing soon, and our listings are going to pick up. We had a few last year that were QUIET QUIET QUIET and went on to be lesson horses or trail horses with no downtime or retraining--not sure if you're looking for something *quite* that easy, but we do get the full gamut at Arapahoe. Just something to keep in mind
    Good to know about the pedigree.

I know. In fact, I had been watching Midnight Diva for probably about 6 months while I waited to get enough money to buy her. THE MORNING that I was going to pick up the phone and call on her, her ad had been listed as sold. I then went to call on my second choice (Zack's on the run) and he was sold too

My trainer and I are a bit afraid to buy an out of state horse because I wouldn't be able to take it out for a trial.
    Eventers of the West

So I ended up buying the last horse I posted, Turning Tiger!
    He arrives on Friday!
    Thank you to every one who took the time to read my posts and help me out while I was searching for the last several months.
    Eventers of the West

Congrats! I have a Storm Cat grandson, and he is a gem...super good brain. Good luck with him.