The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default COTHers in NE Ohio?

I am looking to broaden my horizons a little and was wondering if there are any COTHers with any Eventing/Dressage/Hunter/Jumper barns that I could meet? I live in northeast Ohio about an hour east of Cleveland. I really respect so many of you on these forums, you are really informative and helpful, so I would love to go to some shows and watch, or visit your stables. If you are one or know of any, please reply or PM me! Thank you!

-Jessica

bump
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

What does "bump" mean?

Means I moved it up to the top of the page so more can view it. Even I normally just read the threads on the top half of page 1 and almost never go to page 2. But any reply moves it to the top of page 1 so you or anybody else can just type the word "bump" as a reply to keep it up there if you have no responses.

Different people are on here different days so if you want to keep your thread where more can see it, you bump it every 2 or 3 days for about a week...then you give up and let it slide off to pages 2 and beyond.

Soooo, if you don't get any responses, bump this on Thursday for the late week crowd and Saturday for the weekenders then let it go.

You can add additional information but if you don't have any, "bump" is sufficient. But just for a week, too many "bumps" with no additional information is bad COTH etiquette.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

I'm in North Jackson, which is about an hour south or so of Cleveland. (right? My sense of direction is terrible!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiera View Post
    I'm in North Jackson, which is about an hour south or so of Cleveland. (right? My sense of direction is terrible!)
    Yes, you are about 30 minutes away from me....I will PM you.

Quote Originally Posted by findeight View Post
    Means I moved it up to the top of the page so more can view it. Even I normally just read the threads on the top half of page 1 and almost never go to page 2. But any reply moves it to the top of page 1 so you or anybody else can just type the word "bump" as a reply to keep it up there if you have no responses.

Different people are on here different days so if you want to keep your thread where more can see it, you bump it every 2 or 3 days for about a week...then you give up and let it slide off to pages 2 and beyond.

Soooo, if you don't get any responses, bump this on Thursday for the late week crowd and Saturday for the weekenders then let it go.

You can add additional information but if you don't have any, "bump" is sufficient. But just for a week, too many "bumps" with no additional information is bad COTH etiquette.
    Thanks so much!

bump

You might want to consider volunteering for CANTER. The horses are in Kirtland.

Nancy

bump

That sounds cool, I'll check it out