The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Plain old box fan I bought at Walmart, attached with bailing twine and bungees and plugged into the cigarette lighter with an AC/DC adapter I got on sale at TSC (but they have them at AutoZone type places too). Not glamorous, but worked well.
    "A good man will take care of his horses and dogs, not only while they are young, but also when they are old and past service." Plutarch

Regarding the door well--I just put an old bale of hay or straw in it. It filled up the space nicely.
    "A good man will take care of his horses and dogs, not only while they are young, but also when they are old and past service." Plutarch

Someday soon -- the hay bale is a great idea -- it's so simple and obvious, I looked right past that possibility! Our huge, luscious orchard grass bales wouldn't work, but we can get a small bale of local grass hay that should work well, not be a pain to lift in and out, and would hardly be a loss if it got pooped and peed on.
    They're not miniatures, they're concentrates.

Born tongue-in-cheek and foot-in-mouth