The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default We are making progress!! (excited newbie with video)

Next show is end of March. We finally reached vertical with our nose... now whatever is going on with my hands and arms there is new, as that is typically not one of my many problems, but we'll fix that this week .

Not perfect, but so much more improved since we started this business! Proof is in the other videos in my channel. Still gaga over my horse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8oA9q2R92c

1 members found this post helpful.

Very nice!
    Sheilah

You know ... he would move so much better if you pulled his shoes.

Good luck in your show. You look great.

Lovely! Your horse is stunning and I'd give a few of my body parts (maybe fingers or toes) for your posture!

Did you get my email?

Aww, he's lovely! What fun you have ahead...
    Proud COTH lurker since 2001.

Thanks for the kind words, Sheilah, Lost at C, Normandy and Larkspur! Normandy, I just replied to your email...18 I believe... And Larkspur, it's funny you posted that - I am too new and inexperienced to weigh in on that thread, but I read it with great interest .

You guys are a great team Really nice job!

Very lovely! My greenie has finally found vertical as well. Not consistently, but its there. I'm working towards more consistency for our next show at the end of March.

you guys look great! super cute horse
    In my opinion, a horse is the animal to have. 1300 pounds of raw muscle, power, grace, and sweat between your legs - it's something you just can't get from a pet hamster.

He looks good! PM coming!
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

Diamond, Lady, Tropical and Merry, thank you! (and thanks for the PM, Merry, I replied ) We are having an absolute blast together - a good fit between horse and girl.

I'm wondering if we shouldn't start a thread for encouragement for newbie dressage riders...I love the feedback on videos, the kind words, and the encouragement. A little while ago we had a thread on increasing membership in GMOs, and I wrote about encouraging the new people. Perhaps this is one way to do it... I know that it really helps to share experiences with other new dressage riders, and also to receive encouragement from the BTDTs. For me, it's about the fun...this isn't my profession, and it's a real stress reliever. I think I might start that thread...what do you think?

Was this the ex-jumper? If so, I loved him then and think you both look terrific now Congratulations and best wishes for your upcoming show!

What a lovely team! Congrats and best of luck for your upcoming show BTW -- that arena looks strangely familiar. Was that clinic in the desert SW?

Lovey; this is the ex-jumper, yes! Thank you for your kind words. He is learning, I am learning, and hopefully we will continue to improve every day. He's far more talented than I am, but I try to make up for that in hard work and love. We'll see what happens at the show, and I just want to keep my wits about me and actually ride .

Dancing, thank you! Yes, the clinic is here in the desert SW - I will send you a PM