The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thinking of you! Sending hugs your way. She knows love and she blessed your family with her love too.
    More hugs.
    Last edited by bits619; Mar. 21, 2013 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Phone typing
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)

So tough. My thoughts are with your family and Ginger.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Hugs to you and your family.

FWIW-my BF neighbor/friend just put down her dog after exploratory surgery confirmed extensive internal tumors.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Sorry you and your family have to face this. Just know that at least you made the last part of her life (and death) happy and peaceful. She will remember how you changed her life for the better and how much you loved each other. Hugs to you and Ginger
    www.crosscreeksporthorses.com
    Breeders of Painted Thoroughbreds and Uniquely Painted Irish Sport Horses in Northeast Oklahoma

So very sorry that you must say goodbye to your beloved Ginger. I pray that you, your husband and your children will feel the comfort and peace of knowing that Ginger is painfree and running with youthful joy. She has just gone on ahead, around the bend in the road. I believe that we will see our friends again. Bless You All and thank you for giving Ginger this final gift of selfless love.

It would be too easy to say "Poor doggie," but she is not poor doggie. She is a very lucky dog. She had you and your family. You loved her and cared for her and let her be a dog. Yes, her disease is terrible but again she is lucky to have you. Because you cared enough not to let her suffer. Godspeed, Ginger.

Hugs to you, OP. ((()))
    "Cats aren't clean; they're covered with cat spit."
    - John S Nichols (1745-1846,writer/printer)

There's no reasoning with crazy people.

Sending you prayers of strength on this difficult day. I hope you can find some of the same peace you are providing to Ginger for yourself.

Thinking of you and your family.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

Sending huge hugs from KY. It's such a hard thing to do, even if it is the right thing. Ginger will have the BEST reception waiting for her, across the Bridge.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

The circle is complete. Two years ago, I developed severe bronchitis the days after we adopted her. I wound up staying home from work for an entire week, but it proved beneficial as it enabled me to bond with Ginger and help her adapt to her new home.

This week, I have had a bad cold that progressed into laryngitis. I can't teach if I can't talk, so I had to call in sick. Hubby is also getting nailed with this bug and will be coming home early. This means, on her last day, Ginger will have all-day-company, pettin's, attention, and love.

Thank you for the kind words, everyone.
    SA Ferrana Moniet
    Not goodbye--just waiting at the end of the trail.
    My bloggity blog: Hobby Horse: Adventures of the Perpetual Newbie

3 members found this post helpful.

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

Quote Originally Posted by Lauruffian View Post
    The circle is complete. Two years ago, I developed severe bronchitis the days after we adopted her. I wound up staying home from work for an entire week, but it proved beneficial as it enabled me to bond with Ginger and help her adapt to her new home.

This week, I have had a bad cold that progressed into laryngitis. I can't teach if I can't talk, so I had to call in sick. Hubby is also getting nailed with this bug and will be coming home early. This means, on her last day, Ginger will have all-day-company, pettin's, attention, and love.

Thank you for the kind words, everyone.
    Thinking of you and sending hugs. Ginger is a lucky dog and it's clear you have some really wonderful memories to keep in your heart always

No matter how much time we have with our beloved pets, it's just never enough. But like so many others, I feel certain that we will see our friends again. Til then, know you are doing the best and kindest thing, and you can be sure that Ginger knows with absolute certainty and happiness how much she is loved.
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

Here she is just a few minutes ago, dozing at the foot of the bed while sick hubby naps and I did laundry.

Then I got up and left the room to do some things at the desk, and she followed me and is now content to rest at my feet. Wherever I am, she just wants to be.

I'm so happy we could be here so she could have exactly that: to be with us.
    SA Ferrana Moniet

We are all with you, Lauruffian, thinking of you and Ginger today. Much love.

I'm thinking of you and Ginger on this hardest of days.

StG

It's over. After eating a double dinner and going for a walk where I let the leash go slack so she could lead, hubby took her in. He texted me just a few minutes ago that he thinks he's finally stopped crying enough to drive home.

Eldest helped me gather up the dog toys and such, then he sat down and drew a lovely picture of himself with Ginger. Youngest doesn't understand. I don't really, either.

Beautiful, wonderful, loving creatures, these pets are. They give so much, but the price is very high. It's worth every damn bit.
    SA Ferrana Moniet

I feel so bad for you all... peace, soon...

Big hugs to you and family.

P.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I loss my old girl on the 6th of this month. I don't understand it either but somehow life goes on and we will be ok. Hugs to you, your sweet hubby and little ones. The void here is almost unbearable so I wish you peace and smiles when you think of her. Godspeed sweet girl.

many hugs!

that last step is never easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Oh, Lauruffian, I am so sorry! Hugs to you, your husband and your boys. It is such a heart wrenching moment when we have to make that trip. It is the kindest thing, but so god awful. Godspeed, Ginger.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!