The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

EKLay - NICE employees - I have an orange boy too, although mine is definitely not an instigator...although he has been known to join in a time or too if so inclined. I love that first pic of First Cat, but laughed out loud at this "the male rabbit has been observed barrel kicking rude felines in the past." <snort> Seriously? I would LOVE to see that video!

This has to be one of my favorite threads on COTH!
    “Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of Solitaire. It is a grand passion.” ~Emerson

1 members found this post helpful.

Thanks! That's one of my favorite pics of her.

I wish I had video of Leo teaching respect to the cats he's run across! Usually the bunnies are pretty chill with anything they're introduced to and the first time they met our friend's cat they sniffed noses, then ignored her. However, friend's cat kept wanting to shove her nose in places it didn't belong and completely disregarded the warning thump she was given, so next time she came up, Leo nailed her a good one - she let out this hilarious squeak and bolted out of the room. She came back a couple minutes later and was much more respectful - the visit ended with her getting her face washed, so clearly there were no hard feelings on either side, but we were all laughing! Leo in particular likes going out for "walks" though and a couple times we've run across outdoor cats while he's on leash. They always come up to say hi, he calmly kicks them then goes about his business unperturbed.

First Cat was polite from the get go and has never been kicked by Leo, but Second Cat had to get bopped once before learning that sometimes the rabbits aren't in the mood to play!