The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Bee trailer -- Quality? Good price?

I've done a search, but I can't quite tell if this is a good deal. Seems to be from what I've seen. It's a 2000 Bee 3-horse with weekend LQ and 6' shortwall, picture window. It has a/c, cabinets, cowboy shower, hot/cold water, sink, fridge, microwave, paneling, awning, vinyl floors. In excellent shape. Good tires, minimal rust. Horse area is fully enclosed with mats and collapsible rear tack, escape door and door from LQ to horse area. They are asking $8,000. Honestly, it's the best deal I've seen, but is it a good buy? Can anyone comment on the quality of Bee trailers?
    Last edited by Bacchus; Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:59 AM.
    "If you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em."

LOVED my Bee trailer...and I miss it...what you're describing is exactly what I WANTED to trade up to when I sold my 2H Bee a couple of months ago...couldn't afford even that great price you list.

That is a GREAT price for that trailer! I still miss it....paint and galvaneal steel was excellent..I never hardly washed mine and it sat out...very little surface rust...pulled GREAT (even the new owners told me how great it pulled for them on their 3 hour trip home)...

I ordered mine new from the Bee factory...they're so good to deal with, too, for parts and advice....

GIT it!
    "As a rule we disbelieve all the facts and theories for which we have no use."- William James
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Proud member of the Wheat Loss Clique.

Awesome! Great to know. I'm going to look at it a week from Saturday, but I don't see any reason I wouldn't buy it -- especially now

I don't mind steel, and mine will stay covered, which will make it even easier.

There are a few Bee styles that I covet; unfortunately, it's hard to find them used because people LOVE their Bees and only sell them to upgrade to another Bee! That is a very good price for the trailer you describe.
    Equinox Equine Massage

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me invincible summer.
    -Albert Camus

I love my Bee, 2010, 2h GN slant, large DR that we've made into a weekender for my solo camping trips with horse. A friend of mind had an old 2h BP Bee that she sold years ago and the friend who bought it is still using it and loving it. I think they're made well and good values. My husband welds and he thought the Bee welds were better than some other brands we looked at. Go for it!
    It's just grass and water till it hits the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by coloredhorse View Post
    There are a few Bee styles that I covet; unfortunately, it's hard to find them used because people LOVE their Bees and only sell them to upgrade to another Bee! That is a very good price for the trailer you describe.
    This is appropriate for my situation -- the guy I'm buying from is selling because he bought a larger Bee trailer!

OK, I'm getting it and paying what he's asking -- especially since he's holding it for me. I cannot wait!

1 members found this post helpful.

Picked it up yesterday. Love it! Cannot wait to go horse camping

1 members found this post helpful.

Congrats! Have fun with it... you'll love it. When it's competitive off-season for me I really miss my little CTR camping trips!
    It's just grass and water till it hits the ground.

Another Bee owner/lover here. Good choice! You'll enjoy your trailer.
    It's 2014. Do you know where your old horse is?