The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    City of delusion in the state of total denial

Quote Originally Posted by JSwan View Post
    People people - please stop. I have sworn off popcorn and alcohol because I need to fit into my dress for the Hunt Ball.

It is physically painful to read popcorn threads without popcorn.

Sniff. Sigh.
    No, you can still do it. Get on the treadmill for the first half of the thread. Eat half a bowl of popcorn for the second.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Truly dyslexic posters learn where the holes in their writing are and tend to learn that by rote and proofread specifically for it.
    The rare mistake may still happen, but when those crop up consistently, then it is time to call attention to them, if one so wishes.

lol! then you havent been reading my posts over the last decade lol!

Well it's a little like the recent 'freeze free' hose thread, started by someone who loved it and sung it's praises.... quite a few were ordered (one by me), and it turned out she was the company. Not quite ethical.
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 63signals View Post
    what has my dyslexia got to do with my forum topic!

I am not sure dyslexia has anything to do with the operation of a computer key board; I am dyslexic but understand the functions of the keyboard

9 members found this post helpful.

What are Parlanti and Animo anyway? An Italian vaudeville team?
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

14 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    I thought the first post of this thread was going to be your last post?

as stated the Op is dyslexic so I guess they are counting backwards

11 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 63signals View Post
    Someone asked for a size guide...they happen to have a very good one. My boots arrived in 14 days, I paid $200 dollars less than my friend and both pairs they came from the UK what more do you want?!

just the $200, I have enough boots

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ReSomething View Post
    What are Parlanti and Animo anyway? An Italian vaudeville team?
    After Swannie brought up popcorn I got hungry and now all I can see when I see Parlanti is Primanti Brothers, who make those fab sandwiches and have been on DDD and many other foodie shows. Google their menu (wouldn't want to have my right to freedom violated and post the link). Serious noms.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Well, the OP was successful at mentioning the product again.

Quote Originally Posted by happymom View Post
    Well, the OP was successful at mentioning the product again.
    I think it's the link to the place to buy the product that's the issue, and you're right, OP did manage to do that.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

The issue was the only thing you talked about were Parlanti boots. Not your horse, your tack, horse care, the weather, arena footing, etc. If you are a brand new poster and you only post about one thing then it's hard to prove that you aren't advertising.

I talk about favorite stores all the time but I also have lots of other posts.

5 members found this post helpful.

IMO, you have to screw up in order to get called out by the mods for advertising.

To wit: I never miss an opportunity to plug Cactus Cloth. If I could become the Billy Mays for these, I would. But no one has every complained. It's clear that I don't own the Cactus Cloth empire because I post about other stuff. Sometimes, I have to ask other COTHers where to get Cactus Cloth.

Also, mods have often explained a rule that can help: You cannot plug any good/service/website unless folks are asking for the information in that thread.

Oh, and it seems to me that modern Webertising doesn't distinguish between good and bad references to a product. Just mention it a lot (Cactus Cloth) and some search engine takes note. Similarly, you can advertise (Cactus Cloth) just by starting a "discussion" about Cactus Cloth.

I don't like the fusion between neutral talk and propaganda; in fact, it pissed me off so much that I tend to remember who tried to plug their product while hiding that fact and NOT patronize them. I won't pay to be lied to, yanno?

Cactus Cloth-- the grooming tool and I as a fan will never lie to you.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

well the Parlanti FB page is full of complaints about customer service and how the customer is being ignored.

Perhaps they are too busy trolling BBs and have no time for existing customers

Memo to me: don't buy Parlanti boots

14 members found this post helpful.

Well, you can advertise and promote your "horse business" on here. Carriage people do it all the time.

1 members found this post helpful.

Just to clarify a few things, the OP was repeatedly and exclusively posting about an online tack store through which he evidently purchased Parlantis, among other things--so don't hold this thread against Parlanti.

We received several complaints about what users felt were veiled advertising posts from a company rep, which we initially gave the OP the benefit of the doubt regarding.

The practice evidently continued, while I was off and Mod 3 was at the helm, and, as we received numerous complaints and there apparently wasn't any other content being shared by this user beyond plugs for this site, we pulled the plug on the past posts. Mod 3 used a slightly different method for deleting the past posts than I typically do, which is why they no longer appear on the OP's post count.

We do allow company reps to recommend their company or products, as long as it's within reason and in direct response to a specific query for information -- or they can use the site to address customer concerns, PR issues, etc...all as long as they do so while being up front about their affiliation with the company.

To be clear, we don't have a direct "smoking gun" linking the OP to this company, but we did have enough "circumstantial evidence" to take down the past posts and address it with him. The posting of this thread in response doesn't make us regret the decision.

Mod 1

19 members found this post helpful.

We were again giving the OP the benefit of the doubt and were just closing this thread, but after digging around further to ensure we'd handled the situation appropriately, guess what we just found:

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
    Just Riding UK
    Mr C Coleman
    2 St Hermans Mansions
    St Hermans Road, Hayling Island PO11 9NA
    UK
    info@just-riding.co.uk

"Mr. C Coleman" seems pretty darn similar to the publicly available email address the OP registered with.

So, yes, this situation was a case of blatant advertising by a company affiliate misrepresenting his relationship to a company...followed by indignant protest, and he's been banned as a result.

32 members found this post helpful.