The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Right to Freedom of Speech Violated!! by CHRONO

Well I have to say im fuming! I registered in here a while back because I was looking for somewhere to share my Equestrian experiences, upload piccies and chat about my life around horses in General. I have after all been blessed with an International show winner and who wouldnt want to share this?

So I register and start looking around then I stumble on a lady looking for Parlanti boots, as it happens I love Parlanti and own a couple of pairs both of which purchased from the same site in the UK. So I tell this other horse owner where I bought mine because they were so cheap and I got such a good service... I notice a couple of other ladies asking about Parlanti's so I share my secret about this web site with them as well.. a few other people in the forum had mentioned other site which I had known not to be as cheap as the one I use..

A few days later im looking about on forums again and see another lady asking about Animo, again I love Animo and have loads of Jods and Jackets, most recently I bought my Jacket for less than half price from the same little site in the UK, in fact they gave me some free animo gear on that occasion.. so again I share the details of this amazing place..

And here where it bites.. I suddenly get an email from the "moderators" apparently they noticed I had been writing a testimonial to this particular site in all my messages! duh... yeah I know cause people wanted to know where to buy things. The next time some says does anyone know where I can get some off the shelf Parlanti Ill just say "I LIKE GREY HORSES" because im sure that'll help them out wont it! I mean its ridiculous people set up these forums for us horsey peeps to have a gossip and a chat to try and help each other out and ultimately save a few dollars then they turn into facists!

Well this'll probably be my last post, sorry I cant tell any more of you where I have been buying my Parlanti's and Animo as im forbidden, and the "powers that be" will probably remove this free speaking post of mine anyway, perhaps they would prefer if it If I sit around twiddlign my thumbs talking about ponies...

COTH as an example of fascism. I like that. Hahahahahahaha.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

11 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 63signals View Post
    perhaps they would prefer if it If I sit around twiddlign my thumbs talking about ponies...
    Given that talking about equines is the clearly stated goal of this BB...Er, um. Yeah, I'm trying not to laugh, too.
    ---------------------------

9 members found this post helpful.

Hmm I know people ask about Places to get things all the time, BOB and Dover are mentioned all the time. I don't understand it!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

1 members found this post helpful.

i can see why you would be upset. it's never fun to be dressed down.... however, if you like it here why not just try to play by the rules COTH has set up? They are very lenient for the most part. and yes, sometimes those rules seem a bit over the top... however, it is their board so i guess if we want to post we have to play by their rules...

If someone asks about the manufacturers in question, why not send a pm instead?

i think you would be biting off your nose to spite your face if you leave .... just relax and stay a while!

getting smarter and smarter, aren't they?
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

11 members found this post helpful.

Well this'll probably be my last post, sorry I cant tell any more of you where I have been buying my Parlanti's and Animo as im forbidden,...
    from what I can see, this was your first post... if it was to be your last post, why did you post it at all?

3 members found this post helpful.

No matter where you go in life, you will have to learn to adapt to the situation at hand.
    You come to a forum that has strict rules against advertising, you sound like some web site billboard?
    The Moderators are not clairvoyant, all they have to go by are your posted words, so that is what they act on.

Your experience is called a learning curve.
    It is up to you to learn from it, or get mad at the oh so unjust world and go off on a huff.

My first posts here were jumping cluelessly in the middle of a heated ban slaughter debate.
    It was not pretty is all I have to say, the names I was called.
    New poster and contradicting to so many very loud old posters.

Ok, I learned from it and am still here.

Hope you do well, whatever way you choose to handle this little bump in your road.

There are no freedom of speech rights on a privately owned message board. Want to advertise stuff? Get your own message board, because one of the rules here is no advertising.

18 members found this post helpful.

I am not a fan of emoticons but this post seems to require this
    I am sorry you got caught advertising over and over.

14 members found this post helpful.

EDDIE WOULD GO

Well I have to say im fuming! I registered in here a while back because I was looking for somewhere to share my Equestrian experiences, upload piccies and chat about my life around horses in General. I have after all been blessed with an International show winner and who wouldnt want to share this?

So I register and start looking around then I stumble on a lady looking for Parlanti boots, as it happens I love Parlanti and own a couple of pairs both of which purchased from the same site in the UK. So I tell this other horse owner where I bought mine because they were so cheap and I got such a good service... I notice a couple of other ladies asking about Parlanti's so I share my secret about this web site with them as well.. a few other people in the forum had mentioned other site which I had known not to be as cheap as the one I use..

A few days later im looking about on forums again and see another lady asking about Animo, again I love Animo and have loads of Jods and Jackets, most recently I bought my Jacket for less than half price from the same little site in the UK, in fact they gave me some free animo gear on that occasion.. so again I share the details of this amazing place..

And here where it bites.. I suddenly get an email from the "moderators" apparently they noticed I had been writing a testimonial to this particular site in all my messages! duh... yeah I know cause people wanted to know where to buy things. The next time some says does anyone know where I can get some off the shelf Parlanti Ill just say "I LIKE GREY HORSES" because im sure that'll help them out wont it! I mean its ridiculous people set up these forums for us horsey peeps to have a gossip and a chat to try and help each other out and ultimately save a few dollars then they turn into facists!

Well this'll probably be my last post, sorry I cant tell any more of you where I have been buying my Parlanti's and Animo as im forbidden, and the "powers that be" will probably remove this free speaking post of mine anyway, perhaps they would prefer if it If I sit around twiddlign my thumbs talking about ponies...
    Quoted incase it disappears!

3 members found this post helpful.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Serious question: are they no longer teaching in middle-school civics class what the First Amendment actually guarantees you?
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

10 members found this post helpful.

Color me confused. If this is your first post, when and where did you spill the beans about your sources? There are many, MANY posts about "'where to find X". the only time posters get into trouble is if it's an out and out advertisement.

Sales advertisements as such need to be in the classifieds.

2 members found this post helpful.

mmmm.....this is a private BB, you have no "rights". Get over it.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFigs View Post
    Color me confused. If this is your first post, when and where did you spill the beans about your sources? There are many, MANY posts about "'where to find X". the only time posters get into trouble is if it's an out and out advertisement.

Sales advertisements as such need to be in the classifieds.
    They were obviously banned for advertising and created another user name to come complain about getting caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Renn/aissance View Post
    Serious question: are they no longer teaching in middle-school civics class what the First Amendment actually guarantees you?

They clearly aren't teaching spelling and punctuation in middle school English, anyway. Or maybe the OP (like the website advertised) isn't American?

Quote Originally Posted by clanter View Post
    from what I can see, this was your first post... if it was to be your last post, why did you post it at all?
    They deleted ALL of my previous posts, thats kind of why im upset!

It's a private BB. The First Amendment doesn't apply here. At least you didn't get taken to the woodshed like the current Washington regime did with Lannie Davis and Bob Woodward.

A certain Ham radio board won't even allow us to discuss the government, economics, or guns. It's strictly obey a North Korean attitude about certain topics or get banned.
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

2 members found this post helpful.