The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am sort of in the same boat. I have a fantastic Anglo/Trakehner by Schoenfeld E that I plan on breeding. She is almost perfect in every way, but she is a little "hot" and I'm not as young as I use to be! After a lot of research I've come down to using either Balta' Czar http://www.jumpstartfarm.com/Default.asp?Page=111 or Ironman http://www.ironmanonline.com .Both are know for their nice temperament, great jump, and have the look I like. Good Luck!!

I'm using Balta'Czar this year, too. Known for mellowing down the mare, nice conformation, great jumping, people-friendly, and as an added bonus, Saret (who owns/stands him) has been just great to work with. She seems to know her stuff, and has been quick and honest in responding to my questions/requests.

1 members found this post helpful.

What about Gatsby? We are very excited to be using him on one of our mares this year. Everything I am hearing from owners of his foals, are how fantastic they are to work with. He seems to really stamp his get with a willing temperment. Might be worth a look for your mare too.
    http://www.gatsbystallion.com/#!about
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

Navarone absolutely throws the best temperament. Fantastic jump. He is 16-2 and normal size. We have so many AA that
    just love them. But, he also has offspring winning Grand Prix jumping and eventing. He competed to GP dressage himself and jumped 1.4.

Kathy
    Majestic Gaits-Dutch Warmbloods,#1 USEF Dressage Sporthorse Breeder. #1 KWPN-NA Jumpers.Standing Navarone,Schroeder,Dante MG.VDL Frozen. Approval KWPN Han OLD RPSI BWP Canadian SWANA sBs SF Holst

Aaspen I sent you an email....I think I have your mare's dam and some half siblings. What a small world!

Thanks everyone for your wonderful suggestions! I thoroughly enjoyed looking at all your suggestions and Links, and watched an awesome video of a youngster free jumping. I appreciate the time everyone took to write a response! LucyMay- you absolutely have my mares Dam, and I sent you a long rambling email regarding that. Sorry it was so fragmented. I was so excited to hear she is well, and curious to hear who you have bred to recently!