The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Creative ideas for using "extra" MD Barn stall walls and stall rear walls with slider

Hoping you guys can help me think out of the box. We are in a situation where we have EXTRA MDBarnmaster stall walls. 4 full height stall walls, and 4 stall walls with the entry/exit sliding doors that go on the back of a stall.

All told, they can make two stalls or a 12 x 24 space. But we dont' NEED that, and I'm wondering if anyone here has been in this situation?

Did you create extra storage with them? Added wash room, grooming bays??? They could be made into new stand alone storage/shelter/stalls if we bought purlins and roof.

But honestly we have everything we need/want right now for hay storage, tack room, storage room and stalls in the barn.

Need your ideas! Or - do you think there is a market to sell used stall walls like this? I can't imagine if others would want them since it's just the walls......
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Equine & Pet Portrait Artist
    www.elainehickman.com
    **Morgans Do It All**

I would throw them away or bury them....from my personal experience any stall that is vacant will be filled with a horse.

3 members found this post helpful.

If you really don't need them, how about selling them?

You guys are funny. Well, I didn't think there was a market for random used stall walls So my first instinct wasn't to sell them, but to think about a different use for them.

Yes, we don't need more stalls -we have 6 stalls now and only 3.5 horses (the .5 is a mini

The foaling stall is being converted to storage and the 5th stall is staying as a lay-up/empty/guest stall (sometimes I have friends come with horses for various reasons so a guest/lay up stall is handy) So we'll really only "use" 4 stalls.

But we don't want MORE stalls!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.elainehickman.com
    **Morgans Do It All**

I would sell them on Craigslist. If you were in S. Calif. we would purchase them. We board and have large paddocks with a shelter cover. We want to put up walls to protect our horses from the wind and rain.

1 members found this post helpful.

Or you could just send them to me, I could use them! Remember no good deed goes unnoticed.

If you really have no need for them, list them on Craigslist or even eBay, with local pick up only. You could also put up some ad's at local tack shops or feed stores to sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy That View Post
    (the .5 is a mini

we have minis and regular horses.... three minis = one small horse; two small horses = one thoroughbred in food consumed and poop produced

however three minis can cause more damage to fences that seven horses by rubbing against or trying to walk under the fences

the one pony is only good for the real horses to use as an electric fence tester

We built a run in shed with our extra walls (some that had windows on them) and we love it!
    http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2772/4...3afb9691a5.jpg

They are so heavy to move and ship that I found most people were not interested in buying them.

2 members found this post helpful.

thanks for all the ideas and feedback, guys!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.elainehickman.com
    **Morgans Do It All**