The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Back on Track products for the human

Have you tried the Back on Track products on yourself? I am looking at their knee brace for my bad knee. Does it work better than other knee braces you have tried? I am wanting to get back into running and I'm hoping it would help my knee from breaking down again.

I haven't tried the knee brace, but I bought a Back on Track t-shirt hoping that it would help my back. I didn't feel any difference when I wore that shirt compared to any other.

I have used the gloves in my practice for various patients with arthritic issues. Have had great results with those who suffer from Reynaud's syndrome. Sorry but I don't have any experience with the knee wrap. Would love to know

I sleep in a Back on Track tshirt and I do feel the difference. My back feels less tight in the morning than if I'd slept in a regular tshirt. Kind of like how it feels better after a hot shower.

I have a bunch of products made for humans and they all work fabulously. I like the knee brace better than most other knee braces. If you have the ones with the metal on the side to keep your knee track in place, it is not as supportive as one of those. BUT if you are dealing with old achy soft tissue injuries then it is perfect. If you want to see if they work, get a set of the polo wraps first (cheaper I believe). I use them as like an ace bandage when I do something stupid. I've slowly acquired much more BOT stuff because it is so fabulous!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonLadyIsis View Post
    I have a bunch of products made for humans and they all work fabulously. I like the knee brace better than most other knee braces. If you have the ones with the metal on the side to keep your knee track in place, it is not as supportive as one of those. BUT if you are dealing with old achy soft tissue injuries then it is perfect. If you want to see if they work, get a set of the polo wraps first (cheaper I believe). I use them as like an ace bandage when I do something stupid. I've slowly acquired much more BOT stuff because it is so fabulous!
    I have one that has the padding to support my knee cap since we believe I dislocated it when the injury happened. unfortunately that one rubs and just hurts after exercising and using it a lot.

I've used the T shirt and also my horse's pillow wraps on my back with a noticeable difference, haven't tried their other products.

I have the back brace and I definitely feel a difference when I wear it. Bought the knee brace for my DH with a bad knee. He loves it.

When I slept with my horses bot therapy pad under my sheet I felt a HUUUUUUGE difference. So I bought the tshirt. The shirt didn't do a thing.
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

I bought the elbow brace for tendinitis in my elbow, followed the directions and, after 2 weeks, the inflammation and pain was gone for good.

I have the back brace. Works great. You do need to wear them for extended periods of time though. And they do take a week or so to start feeling effects. I also have the wrist brace for when I spend long hours working at the computer.

Would I be able to feel a difference if I just wear it working out?

I have the back brace, wrist brace. and the socks. I believe the back brace worked pretty good. One morning after waking up on a hard as a rock bed, my back hurt so bad I amost could not move. Put the brace on, take a pill, and layed back down for an hour and then wore it to the barn. My back felt fine after a few hours of wearing it.

I got the socks for my broken foot and not to sure how well they worked. I bought the wrist brace a few weeks ago for a broken wrist. I wear it while I sleep (I did work up in hours like the instructions say too). Usually my wrist is sore before bed and feels fine in the morning. Could be the brace or the fact that it's not being moved for 8 hours.

I bought the socks, multiple pairs actually. I have a long history of foot and joint pain. I wear the socks at night and I can literally jump out of bed and down the stairs in the morning. I wore them for about 2 months straight, and now I don't need to wear them every night.

If you're looking just to wear it during a workout, I would make sure to put it on at least a half hour before you start. And wear it long past your cool down. For best results, I would try wearing it over-night for a couple weeks and see how that feels.
    Last edited by JustEquit8; Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:26 AM. Reason: SP