The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tonythepony View Post
    New Horizons: We may actually be Facebook friends I ride for Briarcroft, and his name is Wheaton (I'm Emily).
    Hi Emily! That's really neat! Do you ride Waldheer too? He looks very versatile and fun to ride! Do they still have Noblesse? I have always loved that mare and wished that I could own her.

Such a small world!
    Mary/New Horizons Haflinger Sport Horses
    Standing Stellar TVR, lifetime licensed with WE, RPSI, AWS, AHR
    www.newhorizonshaflingers.com
    www.facebook.com/NewHorizonsHaflingers

Quote Originally Posted by CindyB59 View Post
    New Horizons - do you know of Winkler's Halflingers? They are the breeder of the boy I just bought. I would love any more info on his sire/dam, etc. if they still have it. Not sure if they'd still have foal pics, he's 14. But I'd love to collect as much info as possible. I found a previous owner from when he was 1-2, and she gave me a little more info. His registered name is Arthur HW.
    Hi CindyB59. I do know Winkler's, if you mean the Winkler's that own Scotch Bottom Farm in Ohio. I tried to look up your boy through the pedigree search on the AHR website, but his name does not come up (which is very strange). You might want to contact the AHR office in Ohio to see if they can give you more info and tell you why his pedigree isn't listed if he is registered. Their e-mail is ahaflinger@sbcglobal.net.

I thought Arthur might be by their stallion, Artiest van de Wortel, but if he is fourteen, he may be too old to be by him. (I can't remember the year Artiest was born.) The Winkler's (if we are talking about the same people) are into drafts now, and I think that they sold all of their horses. I could not find any information on Artiest anywhere, even doing a google search.

Actually, just looked a little deeper and checked out his suffix. According to the AHR suffix list, the Winkler's were not his breeders (they use the SBF suffix), this person was:

B.F. (Ted) Hicks
    Lexington
    KY
    USA
    HW

There may be other people named Winkler who are breeder's, but the guy above is the only one listed who uses the HW suffix. Do you have the registration papers for your horse? If you do and can tell me their names, I might be able to give you some more information (if I know the horses). If he is registered, the AHR office should be able to look him up, if you do not have his papers. Good luck! I will be curious to know if you find out anything. (By the way, here is the AHR website, in case you do not have it: www.haflingerhorse.com)
    Last edited by New Horizons; Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:46 AM. Reason: by, not out of stallion!

Goodpony, I tried to click on your link but it won't open for me. Is there another way I can see the photo? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
    Goodpony, I tried to click on your link but it won't open for me. Is there another way I can see the photo? Thanks!
    You can try our FB page his photos are plastered all over it Ive been having way to much fun with the camera! (ps. I dont currently have anything for sale so just sharing photos/page).
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Redbu...g/368265648869

1 members found this post helpful.

Thanks Mary - I do have his papers and Artiest Van De Wortel is his sire (born in 95 based on his reg #), and Winklers Halflingers in Ohio are his breeders. He was born 2/13/99. Dam is V-Nicol-Van-Lievers (NL-16820). His reg # is 12480-99.

Thanks for all the info. Anything you find is great - I appreciate it.

Here are some photos of my young stallion, Stellar TVR. Unfortunately, I don't have any really good photos of him under saddle yet, but this is the best one out of the group I have from last year after two months under saddle. (He is "chunkier" than I would have liked in this photo.) He was started lightly as a three-year-old in 2011:
    http://newhorizonshaflingers.com/Ste...ndersaddle.jpg

This is from last year as a four-year-old at his Weser-Ems inspection:
    http://newhorizonshaflingers.com/Ste...ectiontrot.jpg

This is a photo taken last month at the MSU Stallion Expo in Michigan (just to get an idea of what he looks like now):
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

I should have some very nice under saddle photos at the end of the year after the stallion testing!

Thanks Mary - I do have his papers and Artiest Van De Wortel is his sire (born in 95 based on his reg #), and Winklers Halflingers in Ohio are his breeders. He was born 2/13/99. Dam is V-Nicol-Van-Lievers (NL-16820). His reg # is 12480-99.

Thanks for all the info. Anything you find is great - I appreciate it.
    I wonder if the other person I found bought the mare in foal and that is why his suffix is being used. I'm guessing that is what happened.

Have you tried to contact Jodi Winkler to ask her about his parents? I haven't talked to her in a long time, but she is very friendly and knowledgeable. Let me know if you want her number. I can find it for you and PM you.

I really liked Ariest when I saw him. I don't know the mare, but I know an Amish man in Indiana bought several of Winkler's mares at one point. I will check and see if she was one of them.

That'd be great - or an e-mail address. She may not really know much about his life, but I'm crossing fingers for foal pics or anything she may have heard over the years.

So far, he's a great little guy. Have only ridden once, until I get a saddle that fits better - I don't want to make him sore or anything. But he's a sweetie & darn cute too!

Love all the Halflingers, so cute! I looked for a Halflinger when I was shopping. I don't know that I have found "my breed" yet, I love them all.

I finally got a dressage saddle that my pony loves and that fits us both (thanks honeylips!!!). I cannot thank her enough for deciding to sell this saddle. I had a really fabulous ride the other night in it. It is a Schleese Link II she had made for a pony that has been sold, and after trying more than 20 saddles this one fit. I had the half blocks put on it last week and I am now in heaven. Hopefully I will have some actual dressage pictures of my dressage pony soon.

Stellar is gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
    Hi Emily! That's really neat! Do you ride Waldheer too? He looks very versatile and fun to ride! Do they still have Noblesse? I have always loved that mare and wished that I could own her.

Such a small world!
    I do ride Waldheer on occasion (he was gelded in October). They do still have Noblesse. She is the dam of Tony, and his year-younger full brother who I ride as well (I took him fox hunting when he was just 4 months under saddle...love Haflingers!).

Quote Originally Posted by BaroquePony View Post
    Stellar is gorgeous.
    Thanks so much BaroquePony!

Goodpony, love the foal!! He is adorable!

CindyB59, I tried to look up Jodi Winkler's number but she is no longer in the AHR Directory. I think your best bet is to call the AHR office. They may be able to give you her contact info if it is still in their database.

tonythepony, I did not realize that they gelded Waldheer. Wish I could get Noblesse and breed her to my boy. I've never seen her in person, but she looks pretty awesome from her photos.

Thought I would share a couple of other photos for the people out there who said that they liked Haflingers.

These horses do not belong to me, but I do know the owners. I think that they represent the breed really well. (CindyB59, I don't know if you were at any shows last year that Max--first two photos--was at, but he showed on the west coast in Oregon and I think, California.)

This is one stallion from out west showing at fourth level this year. (Photos are from last year, when he was shown very successfully at third level last year.)
    http://www.wingspannfarm.com/media/s...n/max10BIG.jpg
    http://www.wingspannfarm.com/media/s...on/max9BIG.jpg

Hope the links work.

And a video link to another that showed at least through first level, maybe second as well. (Video is at liberty, not under saddle, but shows how lofty his movement is.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW4QEEIPgU8

Neither of these horses is connected to me in any way. I'm just really excited that they are out there representing the breed well. Hopefully, my boy will be there in a couple of years.
    Last edited by New Horizons; Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:43 AM. Reason: fixed photo links

The pics don't work, but they did on the other thread. Gorgeous, both of them. I haven't paid much attention to halfies at shows in the past. Now that I own one, you bet I will be.

I am going to trial a Duett on him, she has one that will hopefully fit us both in stock. Can't wait - I'm anxious to really ride him. We're both out of shape, but I have high hopes for us .

The pics don't work, but they did on the other thread. Gorgeous, both of them. I haven't paid much attention to halfies at shows in the past. Now that I own one, you bet I will be.

I am going to trial a Duett on him, she has one that will hopefully fit us both in stock. Can't wait - I'm anxious to really ride him. We're both out of shape, but I have high hopes for us .
    Links are fixed. Thanks for letting me know!

Good luck with the Duett saddle. I really like the couple that I tried. Very comfortable for both horse and rider.

This is my Arab-turned-dressage pony. She's about 14.1 on most days with shoes, standing on her tip-toes, and a fierce 16.3 beast when a deer jumps out of the woods while I'm on her. She is the best, most willing little partner I could ask for!

(Someone please let me know if these links don't work!)

Photo 1

Photo 2

melody1, she's adorable. You look well matched.

melody she is adorable! Can you tell us more about her?

Quote Originally Posted by melody1 View Post
    This is my Arab-turned-dressage pony. She's about 14.1 on most days with shoes, standing on her tip-toes, and a fierce 16.3 beast when a deer jumps out of the woods while I'm on her. She is the best, most willing little partner I could ask for!

(Someone please let me know if these links don't work!)

Photo 1

Photo 2
    She is LOVELY! What level are you schooling with her? With the pic which looks like half pass and her muscling, she doesn't look like any first level horse. Just a very, very nice build for the job, too!
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

Arabians make great dressage ponies! Melody thanks for sharing you have a lovely one.

My personal pony is also part Arabian. She's just beginning her under saddle training and headed to her first show today
    Here's pic of her showing In Hand
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater